Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132
Results 3,276 to 3,297 of 3297

Thread: MOTUC Snake Mountain official discussion - videos, photos, updates, and more

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    It had to.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

At Snake Mountain, the latest battle of good vs evil is taking place.... (having WAY to much fun)

IMG-2137

IMG-2138

IMG-2144

IMG-2141

IMG-2146

IMG-2147

IMG-2148

IMG-2139

IMG-2142

IMG-2140

Suffice to say, I love Snake Mountain and the Origins line is really FUN. So sweet that at 42 there is so much MOTU fun to be had!

Widget
    I recently started collecting the classics line and was lucky enough to get snake mountain at retail , now to find a decently priced castle grayskull !

Love all the pictures of peoples snake mountain with their figures.

Quote Originally Posted by akakal View Post
    I recently started collecting the classics line and was lucky enough to get snake mountain at retail , now to find a decently priced castle grayskull !

Love all the pictures of peoples snake mountain with their figures.
    God bless and good luck with your collection! I jumped in around 2012 and thought it cost me a mint THEN, but wow have prices soared. You already got a SM so you started off on the right foot.

Loving the pics folks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicShlock View Post
    Wanted to share another pic of using the amazing Bone Throne that came with this amazing playset:

https://i.redd.it/s7xldpu9du761.jpg
    I love how many of you guys go with that Alcala Skeltor head!

Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    At Snake Mountain, the latest battle of good vs evil is taking place.... (having WAY to much fun)

Suffice to say, I love Snake Mountain and the Origins line is really FUN. So sweet that at 42 there is so much MOTU fun to be had!
    So much fun indeed.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Nice pictures PaTrIcK! MOTU Origins works really well with Snake Mountain for sure. How did you get your pictures to show up as large images like that? My images always show up as tiny thumbnail pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    Nice pictures PaTrIcK! MOTU Origins works really well with Snake Mountain for sure. How did you get your pictures to show up as large images like that? My images always show up as tiny thumbnail pics.
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...Read#attaching

Thanks! Although, I have attached images before, but I do not see where it says how to resize them to show up as large images in a post like PaTrIcK's post and others I've seen. I'd like to post my pics of my Snake Mountain display, but would like the images not to show up as tiny thumbnails that you have to click on, but as large images on the actual post.

My envy is off the charts for everyone who has one of these. You have no idea.

I got into Classics SUPER late (only finally getting my first ones this past year), and so I missed out on both Castle Grayskull AND Snake Mountain.

I hope to somehow get both one day, but... I'm not sure how that'll happen. But oh man, that's just gorgeous, incredible stuff. I'm in awe of what I've seen people doing with them.

One day... I hope...
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    Thanks! Although, I have attached images before, but I do not see where it says how to resize them to show up as large images in a post like PaTrIcK's post and others I've seen. I'd like to post my pics of my Snake Mountain display, but would like the images not to show up as tiny thumbnails that you have to click on, but as large images on the actual post.
    Here's the snippet of that section that will probably help you most:

6. Click the Insert Inline button in the lower right. This will automatically insert your images in to your post. Click Done and then submit your thread/post.

Note: If you have an image that is already on a website, you put the URL of the image between the two IMG tags.

WOW - this looks fantastic. I HONESTLY think Snake Mountain Classics looks best with Origins as the scale of the figures to the playset is just INCREDIBLE - visually.

Great photos!
    Jay

I modified the skull head on the throne so Skeletor can sit in it, without the skull head getting in the way. I also painted the throne in a more "bonelike" colour.
    I still need to make a base for the throne so Skeletor will have sufficient space for his feet, but, all in all, I'm quite happy with the results, so far.

And Skeletor looks quite pleased too..!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Leech sucks..!

Quote Originally Posted by smaug View Post
    I modified the skull head on the throne so Skeletor can sit in it, without the skull head getting in the way. I also painted the throne in a more "bonelike" colour.
    I still need to make a base for the throne so Skeletor will have sufficient space for his feet, but, all in all, I'm quite happy with the results, so far.

And Skeletor looks quite pleased too..!
    Nice! That looks super creepy and ominous now, especially with the Alcala head! It's like what the bone throne would have looked like if we saw it drawn in one on the original mini-comics. Very cool!

Court Magician

MOTUC Snake Mountain official discussion - videos, photos, updates, and more

Finally took some pics.

My review:

As a toy, it's mediocre at best. There was no thought into how figures could be placed on the facia of the mountain. I understand for a castle because you're not supposed to be walking on the face of a castle. But this is a mountain. Inside is a mess and there is no continuity with anything. Basically all the flaws were carried over from the original playset.

As a collectors piece, it is a must have. If you have the main characters and Grayskull, you're life will not be complete without this unfortunately.

Aesthetics: I think it's silly looking. Definitely does not go with the vibe Grayskull puts out. If Mark Taylor designed snake mountain at the same time as Grayskull, it would have looked completely different as everyone was going for the Frank Frazetta/Conan theme early on. This purple muppet mountain absolutely does not fit with that lol. Like, what would cause those types of rock formations? No one would intentionally spend time carving out lopsided droopy faces on the mountain and expect anyone to fear it. Maybe Beast-Man -"Skeletor, look, I made the mountain look scary" Skeletor- You foOL!!! What's this Mickey Mouse, kindergarten, Mt Rushmore Bull****** ????"

Like, why are there vines on a mountain? It should be sharp staggered stalagmites and stalactites formed from purple crystal that formed into ghostly images. Not rounded purple rocks haunted house faces.

Overall, I'm more happy knowing that I have it vs actually displaying/playing with it. Price wise, as long as it's $900 and under w free shipping I say it's worth it for those that didn't pre order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapa
    Last edited by DerMDrei; January 29, 2021 at 02:44pm.

Bang Your Head
    Picked up my second Snake Mountain on Friday... This is the one that came out of the box. It's definitely a fragile piece and feels like the the original playsets of being a hollow shell with no weight or depth to it. The hinge is probably going to be the first thing that snaps apart after a few transports. There was already a break where one of the screws goes behind the lava. It's an easy fix and not major, but was expected with translucent plastic. The paint job on Snake Mountain is beautiful as well as the exterior sculpt, the inside... We can all agree that is the area where things **** the bed. I did have a hard time opening up the secret storage area on the sceptor (scepter?), and from the looks of it, it looks like it was glued in.

Anyway, definitely a great piece to finish off the MOTUC line...
    bQSS7e5H_jpg_large.jpgER5ioYAK_jpg_large.jpg

Got unicron, box lighter than SM. And ugly art work box.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by DerMDrei View Post
    Finally took some pics.

My review:

As a toy, it's mediocre at best. There was no thought into how figures could be placed on the facia of the mountain. I understand for a castle because you're not supposed to be walking on the face of a castle. But this is a mountain. Inside is a mess and there is no continuity with anything. Basically all the flaws were carried over from the original playset.

As a collectors piece, it is a must have. If you have the main characters and Grayskull, you're life will not be complete without this unfortunately.

Aesthetics: I think it's silly looking. Definitely does not go with the vibe Grayskull puts out. If Mark Taylor designed snake mountain at the same time as Grayskull, it would have looked completely different as everyone was going for the Frank Frazetta/Conan theme early on. This purple muppet mountain absolutely does not fit with that lol. Like, what would cause those types of rock formations? No one would intentionally spend time carving out lopsided droopy faces on the mountain and expect anyone to fear it. Maybe Beast-Man -"Skeletor, look, I made the mountain look scary" Skeletor- You foOL!!! What's this Mickey Mouse, kindergarten, Mt Rushmore Bull****** ????"

Like, why are there vines on a mountain? It should be sharp staggered stalagmites and stalactites formed from purple crystal that formed into ghostly images. Not rounded purple rocks haunted house faces.

Overall, I'm more happy knowing that I have it vs actually displaying/playing with it. Price wise, as long as it's $900 and under w free shipping I say it's worth it
    This is a good review that has helped me make up my mind about whether or not to purchase.
    My intention would be to use it as an Origins display, and the goofiness IS part of the appeal for my since I don't take MOTU (and much less Skeletor ) seriously, but it definitely does not sound like its worth the secondary market prices.
    Shame, really. I'd love that bone throne and council table
    Let's see a Deluxe Dylamug in MOTU Origins!

My kiddo finally reviewed Snake Mountain.

https://youtu.be/-XiDSEYvvDc

He-Bro, she loves our Dungeon Expansion Kit!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I was wondering if anyone in Canada has received tracking details yet? The person facilitating the Canadian sale of Snake Mountain seemed to run into an issue every week or so but guaranteed it would be shipping out on the 12th of February and tracking would follow shortly. I emailed him Monday and was told FedEx wouldn't be able to provide tracking until it's scanned at it's next warehouse stop but that they did pick it up. So I'm wondering if anyone has received notice yet?
    Til all are one, and one for all... wait, that's not right.

Awesome pics!!!!

They're so clean you could eat off them!
    This is a link to a YT channel "Dez360" --- a toy-related show I help with... and here's a link to a He-Man parody video Living In Eternia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPmYGVhilGw&t=68s
    GOOD JOURNEY, ORGERS!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoGrimlock View Post
    I was wondering if anyone in Canada has received tracking details yet? The person facilitating the Canadian sale of Snake Mountain seemed to run into an issue every week or so but guaranteed it would be shipping out on the 12th of February and tracking would follow shortly. I emailed him Monday and was told FedEx wouldn't be able to provide tracking until it's scanned at it's next warehouse stop but that they did pick it up. So I'm wondering if anyone has received notice yet?
    The only communication I've received as far as shipping goes, is the phone call from FedEx today, saying they would be delivering Snake Mountain tomorrow.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    The only communication I've received as far as shipping goes, is the phone call from FedEx today, saying they would be delivering Snake Mountain tomorrow.
    Then there's hope! Thank you!
    Til all are one, and one for all... wait, that's not right.