Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2306

Thread: MOTUC Snake Mountain official discussion - videos, photos, updates, and more

  1. #2251
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I honestly don't care if I get it first or not. I care that it's quality and don't come damaged. I paid up front as well. Worked a day and a half for that money lol. Ordered and paid it off the next minute. Pretty sure I ordered from s7. I was unsure if we'd make it or not so went with them so my purchase counted. Wasn't sure if ee or the rest were gonna make it happen so went straight to the horse. In hindsight, I should've just went with ee and I'd know it would be shipped correctly. S7 makes me nervous. Like ordering from mondo. I order from elsewhere my box is inside a box. Order from mondo they ship it in the box it came in from China on a pallet. So my box and slip cover come damaged all the time and is upsetting for the cost I pay for it.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    IMHO GIJoe fans is not really cheap but in in perspective is much focus. Joe fans know they are collecting military themes which equates to army build (not just a figure but vehicles and playsets too). GIJoe has many "main" characters that are to easy to justify for collectors as "have" and not just wants, very unlike MOTU, or Thundercats (and maybe even Transformers) that the main characters are not that many, and almost very few to army build.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; May 17, 2020 at 10:22am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  2. #2252
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    IMHO GIJoe fans is not really cheap but in in perspective is much focus. Joe fans know they are collecting military themes which equates to army build (not just a figure but vehicles and playsets too). GIJoe has many "main" characters that are to easy to justify for collectors as "have" and not just wants, very unlike MOTU, or Thundercats (and maybe even Transformers) that the main characters are not that many, and almost very few to army build.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Joe fans that buy modern Joe's are cheap and wait for clearance on things that cost a bit. Like ultimate battle pack, sky striker, and few other things. And even the guys that are now just getting into modern Joe's are even more cheaper lol. Look in the fb groups and you'll witness that lol.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  3. #2253
    Heroic Warrior kolobosrexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    567
    Sadly, this is partially accurate lol. A good part of the reason that G.I. Joe 25th/ POC/ROC faltered at retail was due to cheap collectors holding out for Clearance at places like Ross and such! While it made for great troop and fleet-building, it was not great for the line's retail longevity!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

  4. #2254
    Heroic Warrior MJOLNIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Joe fans that buy modern Joe's are cheap and wait for clearance on things that cost a bit. Like ultimate battle pack, sky striker, and few other things. And even the guys that are now just getting into modern Joe's are even more cheaper lol. Look in the fb groups and you'll witness that lol.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by kolobosrexx View Post
    Sadly, this is partially accurate lol. A good part of the reason that G.I. Joe 25th/ POC/ROC faltered at retail was due to cheap collectors holding out for Clearance at places like Ross and such! While it made for great troop and fleet-building, it was not great for the line's retail longevity!
    Not true. If Joe fans were cheap the Collector's Club would not have sold a couple thousand figure subscriptions at a few hundred a pop for 8 years or a couple thousand Con Sets at $450 a pop for a couple decades. There are no more cheapskates in Joe vs and other collector brand or any other hobby for that matter. I'm on Joe sites more than I am here and have seen far more people cry about the cost of shipping here than any complaints of Joe sites. Maybe, like in any case, the few vocal ones are the one that stick out in your mind but it's not the case of the community. I don't know how many of you collect Joes or spend time on Joe sites but if you're only coming across Joe fans via by lines than yeah you'll only see the ones looking for a deal-that's what by lines are for. Remind me how the DCvs MotU did at retail or how many Castle Grayskulls didn't get paid for and got marked down to half price?

    I collect vintage and modern Joe more than an other toy line in addition to a near complete collection of MotUC/Grayskull, an almost complete Subow season one TF Masterpeice, Modern and Vintage 4" Star Wars not to mention 12" OT SW Hot Toys, Marvel 4" and 6", DC Essentials, Vintage ljn D&D, and Mythic Legions. Mjolnir1975 on Flickr if you want reciepts (no 4" Marvel albums yet though).
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; May 17, 2020 at 06:52pm.

  5. #2255
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by kolobosrexx View Post
    Sadly, this is partially accurate lol. A good part of the reason that G.I. Joe 25th/ POC/ROC faltered at retail was due to cheap collectors holding out for Clearance at places like Ross and such! While it made for great troop and fleet-building, it was not great for the line's retail longevity!
    wow do you just pull out facts from the air. Your statements couldnt be any farther from the truth. Joe line failed because there was no media to go with it. The movies were ****, the comics seemed to be too adult themed for newcomers or kids to enjoy, and there were no animated shows to get kids interested. The 50th anniversary figures kept selling out as they were being released. Of course nobody wants the same snake eyes and cobra commander figures every time. Blame that on the idiots at Hasbro that said the 3 and 3/4 lines had no future.
    Most Wanted:

    Snake Mountain and Eternia Playsets!

  6. #2256
    Broncos lovin' admin! dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    15,802
    Hey guys, let's bring this back on the topic of Snake Mountain. I'm sure you could find or start a thread in the Other Forum to discuss G.I. Joes.

  7. #2257
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    451
    Wha what t h a ... I woke up looking for Sm and landed on a gi joe forum..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wow thats huge.watched PD.38 inches to the top.

    - - - Updated - - -

    36 was what they told us, right? 17 inches depth and 42 length.

    Quote Originally Posted by poderuniverso View Post
    Wha what t h a ... I woke up looking for Sm and landed on a gi joe forum..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wow thats huge.watched PD.38 inches to the top.

  8. #2258
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,460
    Is this thing still getting the break-away wall?
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  9. #2259
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Is this thing still getting the break-away wall?
    What you mean. You can remove the faces on the inside..

  10. #2260
    Widget Law83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Wigan England
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Is this thing still getting the break-away wall?
    On the pixel dan video I noticed it. It looks like itís a decent sized jail cell too. Itís actually my favourite feature.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by poderuniverso View Post
    What you mean. You can remove the faces on the inside..
    Itís a piece of wall on the front under the ledge with the chains. Itís meant to be so you can have He-Man look like heís punched his way out of the cell. Itís a cool feature that not many people seem to mention.

  11. #2261
    Twiggets please! jastiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    548
    I really wish Brian's part or the Pixel Dan video hadn't been so blurry.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    My Top Most Wanted MOTUC: The Twiggets, Sagitar, Spinwit, Spirit, Staghorn, Cringer (articulated adult form), Catra's Cat Form, Kayo, Master Sebrian, Drissi, Caz, Attak Trak, Land Shark, Spidor.

  12. #2262
    Heroic Warrior manowar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by jastiles View Post
    I really wish Brian's part or the Pixel Dan video hadn't been so blurry.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Definitely! I watched it a few times, and just shifting Snake Mountain around in his $2 camera looked like he was filming under water

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  13. #2263
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by Law83 View Post
    On the pixel dan video I noticed it. It looks like itís a decent sized jail cell too. Itís actually my favourite feature.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Itís a piece of wall on the front under the ledge with the chains. Itís meant to be so you can have He-Man look like heís punched his way out of the cell. Itís a cool feature that not many people seem to mention.
    Ah. Nice...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Definitely! I watched it a few times, and just shifting Snake Mountain around in his $2 camera looked like he was filming under water

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    not a rumor guy, but I wander if it was meant to, I mean, why not post another clean video. But understood.not ready for the reveal I guess. Does any one have some AI to sharpen resolution of the video?

  14. #2264
    Twiggets please! jastiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by poderuniverso View Post
    Ah. Nice...

    - - - Updated - - -


    not a rumor guy, but I wander if it was meant to, I mean, why not post another clean video. But understood.not ready for the reveal I guess. Does any one have some AI to sharpen resolution of the video?
    The video Brian and Dan did before this one was crystal clear. Just saying.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    My Top Most Wanted MOTUC: The Twiggets, Sagitar, Spinwit, Spirit, Staghorn, Cringer (articulated adult form), Catra's Cat Form, Kayo, Master Sebrian, Drissi, Caz, Attak Trak, Land Shark, Spidor.

  15. #2265
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    27
    SM is smaller than I suggested.

  16. #2266
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuchthengst View Post
    SM is smaller than I suggested.
    What? And no fret? Lol I would have think there would thousands of protests on this. I guess the measurement was "more or so" .lol. OR people just don't got the space and are happy that SM possibly was cut short about 6 inches in length. And up2 inches.

  17. #2267
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,121
    - - - Updated - - -

    I still don't know if the mountain latches closed it doesn't seem to. it locks open with the bridge, but closed, haven't seen that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    That's fine. I'm in no rush to have my card charged for it right now.
    gives me some breathing room
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  18. #2268
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    451
    Ah. How did you notice this? Like the Mt taller? I cannot notice that. But yea, higher than longer I guess.

    - - - Updated - - -

    How did you notice that it was higher?
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
    Love the new, darker shading on the paint apps.
    Glad the gargoyle's jaw is moveable.
    Size is amazing.
    Nice improvement on the "mountain" side by making it taller (like an actual mountain).

    Looks awesome. Really. Just not "$600.00-awesome." More like, "$350.00-awesome." (Can't get past the thin, hollow, plastic-clamshell aspect, particularly on the interior--for that price it should be more than an empty mold of the exterior + a table & a chair).

    Happy for those willing to pull the trigger on this.

  19. #2269
    Heroic Warrior MJOLNIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by jastiles View Post
    I really wish Brian's part or the Pixel Dan video hadn't been so blurry.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I know, that was such a tease. It reminded me of waking up in the predawn hours of Christmas Morning and not being able to really make up what was under the tree, but you had to wait for the sun to come up or your parents would kill you.

  20. #2270
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuchthengst View Post
    SM is smaller than I suggested.
    How tall is the final version?

  21. #2271
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by motucfan4life View Post
    How tall is the final version?
    38 inches. It was told it would be 36 inches. So this is 2 inches taller, and believe it or not the spot I have for it is 37 inches so....new plan time.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

  22. #2272
    Court Magician General Zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by poderuniverso View Post
    Ah. How did you notice this? Like the Mt taller? I cannot notice that. But yea, higher than longer I guess.

    - - - Updated - - -

    How did you notice that it was higher?
    I meant taller than the orginal 80's playset, where the "mountain" side and demon side were the same height. This one puts the "mountain" in Snake Mountain.

  23. #2273
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    177
    I just watched the video. The playset ist awesome and all, and I don't like to be that guy but I can't help but think that you can't move the muppet monster's mouth from the inside. The vintage castle used to have a small lever on the inside and I couldn't see anything here. I'm sure many people won't care about it, but I am kind of bummed out a little, because I feel it's a missed opportunity. Anyway, I may be wrong here... At least I hope I am.

  24. #2274
    Heroic Warrior manowar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by rewkee View Post
    I just watched the video. The playset ist awesome and all, and I don't like to be that guy but I can't help but think that you can't move the muppet monster's mouth from the inside. The vintage castle used to have a small lever on the inside and I couldn't see anything here. I'm sure many people won't care about it, but I am kind of bummed out a little, because I feel it's a missed opportunity. Anyway, I may be wrong here... At least I hope I am.
    I asked Brian Flynn about this during a Q&A an he said it did move.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  25. #2275
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    I asked Brian Flynn about this during a Q&A an he said it did move.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    You mean there is a lever and it is moveable from the inside?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •