Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3034

Thread: MOTUC Snake Mountain official discussion - videos, photos, updates, and more

  1. #2976
    Heroic Warrior kolobosrexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    579
    Hoping someone makes Tri-Klops' worktable and some tools! I know He-Bro makes a nice tool-set..
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

  2. #2977
    Heroic Warrior jackstatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstatic View Post
    Man, that really sucks.... hopefully S7 Can help you out.

    I received mine last night and had an issue as well.... 1 of the hand cuffs came broken off the chain.Attachment 124116Attachment 124117Attachment 124118

    I reached out to super7 by email and hope they can send me a replacement part, the chains pop out fairly easy from the facade so as long as they can send me a new one I would be ok. If they can't, then I would have to hand drill holes into the cuffs and epoxy metal jewelry wire in to it as a fix, but I'd prefer to not have to do that.

    Finally, I love this photo, the meeting of evil has commenced.

    Attachment 124119



    Finally the (useless) prison gate doesn't snap in to place on the bottom hinge. so anytime i swing the gate open or closed it pops off, not entirely sure what to do about that to be honest, but its not make or break and im probably never gonna use the prison anyway.

    All in all I am very happy with the product aside from the above issues. The handcuff is really irritating tho for the price tag but im hoping s7 makes good on that for me


    Update from Rudy Re: the handcuffs

    I apologize for the damaged chain. This seems to be a recurrent issue that we did not expect so we don't have replacements on hand. Production is working with the factory to get replacements sent over to us so we can send them out to customers.

    For now I've added you onto our shipment list and when we receive the replacement stock, we will reach back out to you with your tracking information.

    If you have any questions please let us know.
    Rudy | Super7
    Customer Care Manager
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

    I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

  3. #2978

  4. #2979
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Dare I say it, but I think Origins figures actually look better with the new SM than Classics figures. Must be the fact they're smaller in stature.
    I really want to see pictures of SM with Mega Construx figures posed on them - that would make it look twice as epic!

  5. #2980

  6. #2981
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    1,473
    Comedian on the matty forums.

  7. #2982
    Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Penny Dreadful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    4,538
    I spent an hour and a half putting mine together earlier this evening!
    It's utterly awesome!

    My only gripe is that the floor where the top of the mountain snaps into place, near the trap door, is a little raised. I think the plastic is slightly warped there or something. I had a difficult time snapping it into place. It looks great from the front, but that little floor area ended up not being flush with the rest of the floor, so it bows up a little. I can't seem to get it to pop into place in that spot, and I'm not sure that I want to try and remove the top again to pop it back in. It's pretty firmly locked into place.

    Did anybody else have this issue?




    Otherwise, this is a truly magnificent and awe-inspiring item.

    Other tweaks...

    I managed to get the wolf tower onto the peg after heating up the bottom of the tower with the blowdryer first. Now, it seems to fit firmly in place, so yay!

    One of the tentacles had fallen off the monster pit, but it was easy enough to get it back into the slot. I might need to glue it though, as it's a little wobbly.

    I'll take some pics tomorrow, with better lighting.



    EDIT:

    BCRDuke suggested using the hair dryer trick on the warped floor, so I did. It didn't occur to me to use it there.
    It's not 100% perfect, but it's definitely a lot better than it was before! Thanks Brian.

    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; November 20, 2020 at 11:36pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England


    OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

  8. #2983
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,745
    These little guys look freakin' fantastic on and around Snake Mountain!

    Now, the 'blood' falls actually look like a waterfall instead of a trickle next to the 6" figures.

    I can never unsee how good this looks... has anyone done this with Castle Grayskull?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  9. #2984
    Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,637
    Mine came today! Spent the night putting it together and mainly gazing at it. It's magnificent. I didn't have any noticeable issues with mine except like Penny, the tentacles on the monster pit, two of them were loose for me but seems to attach back on.

    The plastic on Snake Mountain is very nice, better than Castle Grayskull. I loved the new toy plastic smell when opening it up. Felt like a kid again. Super7 did a fantastic job packaging it. There was another protective box inside the protective box. Very impressive job.

    The lava flow really pops with a little bit of light.

    I surely hope this is not the last Masters of the Universe Classics item, I want much more, but if it is, what a way to go out (for now)!

    Masters of the Universe Classics Snake Mountain rules!

  10. #2985
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,745
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Mine came today! Spent the night putting it together and mainly gazing at it. It's magnificent. I didn't have any noticeable issues with mine except like Penny, the tentacles on the monster pit, two of them were loose for me but seems to attach back on.

    The plastic on Snake Mountain is very nice, better than Castle Grayskull. I loved the new toy plastic smell when opening it up. Felt like a kid again. Super7 did a fantastic job packaging it. There was another protective box inside the protective box. Very impressive job.

    The lava flow really pops with a little bit of light.

    I surely hope this is not the last Masters of the Universe Classics item, I want much more, but if it is, what a way to go out (for now)!

    Masters of the Universe Classics Snake Mountain rules!
    It can't be the last MOTUC item because they haven't made Starship Eternia or Planet Nordor yet.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  11. #2986
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Baldwinsville, NY
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Thanks! We ended up using my dad's van. lol.
    You're welcome And, yeah, that's probably the safest for the size of this Mountain, right?

  12. #2987
    Vaal is Vaal. Vaal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    219
    My daughter was super excited for this to finally arrive (maybe more than I was!). She wanted to recreate the box art, so we did.

    IMG_2098.jpgIMG_2119.jpgIMG_2120.jpg
    The holding, the touching. Vaal has forbidden this.
    Five Year Mission
    Eisenhower Field Day

  13. #2988
    Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Penny Dreadful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    4,538
    Even though the "acid green" shade on the snake's eyes is subtle, it pops more under certain light. Sorry, it's a little blurry.



    Had some fun taking pics...













    I think the 'Golden Axe' skeletons look pretty great as Skeletor's undead Skeleton Warriors...



    "Now, with Havoc Staff in hand, Strawberry Shortcake stands once more as the sole Lord of Snake Mountain™."
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; November 21, 2020 at 07:52pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England


    OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

  14. #2989
    Council Elder zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    15,102
    Great set of photos! I love how '87 Skeletor looks at the wolf gate. I have had many moments during the pandemic where I've thought "I need to cancel my pre-order" because of money stuff, but seeing everybody get theirs... I'm glad I've held off on that... I know I'll regret NOT having it later down the road.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

  15. #2990
    Heroic Warrior Brasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Grove, NY
    Posts
    612
    Great pics!! Man I wish I had the space
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

  16. #2991
    Heroic Warrior MJOLNIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,477
    The old school wall paneling makes your Snake Mountain look instant vintage!

  17. #2992
    Pillar of the Community hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    9,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    It can't be the last MOTUC item because they haven't made Starship Eternia or Planet Nordor yet.
    Nordor is awfully cool... anyone ever make a mock-up of that?

  18. #2993
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10,812
    So mine arrived earlier this week but we were away!

    Put it together last night and noticed this:

    3C3B03B2-E323-4D1B-AEA0-F1AD3D549678.jpg

    BECF7C11-24CE-47BB-9D9C-ECA581E67BC1.jpg

    Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet, but it seems to have been made for this... if not, itís a fantastic coincidence!
    A Want List
    Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

  19. #2994
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    1,473
    Damn duke! Awesome find! How the hell did you notice that?
    Comedian on the matty forums.

  20. #2995
    Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,637
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    So mine arrived earlier this week but we were away!

    Put it together last night and noticed this:

    3C3B03B2-E323-4D1B-AEA0-F1AD3D549678.jpg

    BECF7C11-24CE-47BB-9D9C-ECA581E67BC1.jpg

    Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet, but it seems to have been made for this... if not, itís a fantastic coincidence!
    Nice find! Thanks for posting!

  21. #2996
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,512
    They said this thing was going to be made at a factory that specializes in playsets lol. It smells exactly like the figures they put out. Definitely the same factory as always. The floor.on this should be thicker. It does not sit flat and is warped. I'm not all that sold and highly believe it should be way better than for what we paid. Them steps on the front are more like a rocky slide lol. The sucker is huge though.

    Quick question, I'm not displaying mine til I build a display case for it, but want to make sure everything is good. After assembly can it be taken back apart?

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by unclassified; November 23, 2020 at 09:40am.

  22. #2997
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cox's Creek, KY
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    After assembly can it be taken back apart?
    I'm going from the unboxing/build/review videos on this... I think you'll be okay as long as you don't attach the top piece with the gate and snake head. That's the one piece that doesn't seem like it will come apart easily, everything else can be taken out/apart in order to fold it in half but that piece seems like it's supposed to be permanent.

  23. #2998
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,928
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    They said this thing was going to be made at a factory that specializes in playsets lol. It smells exactly like the figures they put out. Definitely the same factory as always. The floor.on this should be thicker. It does not sit flat and is warped. I'm not all that sold and highly believe it should be way better than for what we paid. Them steps on the front are more like a rocky slide lol. The sucker is huge though.

    Quick question, I'm not displaying mine til I build a display case for it, but want to make sure everything is good. After assembly can it be taken back apart?

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    It really was made at a factory that specializes in playsets...Super 7 took this photo out of the factory window.
    bigfootlochness.jpg

  24. #2999
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    I'm going from the unboxing/build/review videos on this... I think you'll be okay as long as you don't attach the top piece with the gate and snake head. That's the one piece that doesn't seem like it will come apart easily, everything else can be taken out/apart in order to fold it in half but that piece seems like it's supposed to be permanent.
    That was the part I was actually worried about. I stuffed it all back in the box. Well the best I could. I should've taken pics prior lol. I'm not even sure when the heck I'm gonna get around to designing a display case for this and the caslte. Thanks for the reply.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  25. #3000
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    It really was made at a factory that specializes in playsets...Super 7 took this photo out of the factory window.
    bigfootlochness.jpg
    Hahahaha

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •