Page 130 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 3297

Thread: MOTUC Snake Mountain official discussion - videos, photos, updates, and more

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Your room is insanely awesome.

I have to know, though: what is your dusting experience like for that room?
    It's really not that bad. The room just doesn't collect that much dust, and what dust there is doesn't really show on the gray shelves. I probably do a light dusting every month, and maybe once or twice a year I'll take everything down and dust it all.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    It's really not that bad. The room just doesn't collect that much dust, and what dust there is doesn't really show on the gray shelves. I probably do a light dusting every month, and maybe once or twice a year I'll take everything down and dust it all.

Wakko - Not sure how, but have seen your amazing room perhaps on a youtube clip or something? If I recall your awesome pops helped out with the shelvingd design/install? Your room is the ultimate high mark of how to display figures, from everything out there - this is the way. The floating shelves look outstanding, each figure getting nice, pleasantly displayed representation - each character clearly in view, and at the price we have all paid for each Classics figure, very well deserving of that extra attention.

May have to copy this design duder!

Wow ,the best SM set up yet. Although for the front display. I am still in the look for a SM both sides. Awesome room , the color all.
    Here's kind of a quick-and-dirty look at how I plan to display my Snake Mountain. It's still a work in progress and I'm not entirely sure I'm pleased with the set-up yet. The black rectangle behind SM is actually chalkboard contact paper, so I'm hoping to illustrate a sky behind the mountain using liquid markers. What do you think?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...d30d1410_o.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...ac652597_o.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...67e27627_o.jpg

Wakko, I will just echo everyone else. Just a breath-taking collection. The mountain really caps it off. I can’t imagine ever getting tired of entering that room.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicShlock View Post
    Wakko - Not sure how, but have seen your amazing room perhaps on a youtube clip or something? If I recall your awesome pops helped out with the shelvingd design/install?
    Yes, I did a YouTube video a year or so ago. I need to update it.

Quote Originally Posted by poderuniverso View Post
    Wow ,the best SM set up yet.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Wakko, I will just echo everyone else. Just a breath-taking collection. The mountain really caps it off. I can’t imagine ever getting tired of entering that room.
    It's definitely my "zen" room. It's a really fun room to be in.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    This thing is so big, it reminds me of a store display rather than a playset.

I was never a huge fan of Snake Mountain, even as a kid. I thought it looked silly and the voice feature was lame.

Attachment 124486
    ----------

dan2.png

Heroic Warrior
    my order from EE has finally been picked up by Fedex, should be here Monday. I have tasked my wife with making room in my office/game room
    Most Wanted:

Snake Mountain and Eternia Playsets!

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Very nice work, AEH!
    Thanks and Happy New Year!

Here's kind of a quick-and-dirty look at how I plan to display my Snake Mountain. It's still a work in progress and I'm not entirely sure I'm pleased with the set-up yet. The black rectangle behind SM is actually chalkboard contact paper, so I'm hoping to illustrate a sky behind the mountain using liquid markers. What do you think?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...d30d1410_o.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...ac652597_o.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...67e27627_o.jpg
    Really like your tidy and clean room @Wakko . It needs the Grayskull rug too.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Does anyone know if the top bit of Snake Mountain (the bit with the gate) can be removed once youŽve put it on? (IŽll be moving very soon and will need to rebox it).

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    My Mountain arrived today from Entertainment Earth, much earlier than expected! It's massive of course, well-detailed in sculpting and paint-apps, and feels pretty sturdy! The table and chair are great, although either the chair back needs flexing backwards, or the base isn't tall enough... Fortunately, my wolf-pillar snaps on and rotates snugly! The main issues sadly, stem from functionality issues, that seem to mostly from questionable engineering... The trap-door barely opens with the net in place. The prison cell won't fit any figure but possibly the females, due to the outer wall being far too recessed in the exterior. And of course, there is no latch, and you can't really close the halves unless you remove the wolf-pillar and table... Still, it's a great thing to finally own!!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Really like your tidy and clean room @Wakko . It needs the Grayskull rug too.
    I wish! But I kept hesitating due to the price, and now it looks like I've missed out on ever owning it.

I finally received my Snake Mountain Wednesday.

I was originally supposed to received my Snake Mountain in November, but the package was lost in the mail. Fedex got sent a notice but there was never any movement from the California side of things.

I emailed Super 7, they investigated for a week or 2 and then sent me a new Snake Mountain.

It was a very easy process.

Thanks to Super 7 and their customer service department.

------------

Snake Mountain itself is amazing. The Holy Grail of MOTUC items. It dwarfs Castle Grayskull.

The QC on my item is great. No issues.

----------

I do have the same complaints - and I'm going to call them complaints - that everyone else has. Quite frankly I'd say they're inexcusable.

The dungeon not being able to hold an actual figure is a straight up failure.

The steps on the front of Snake Mountain being too small for a figure to actually stand on is the single biggest "What the heck" moment to me. Again, a complete failure of design/production.

The Bone Throne - which is gorgeous - isn't actually very functional. Now this is really a side effect of the MOTUC figures themselves, but the Bone Throne should have a base or something to it. Elevating it helps a lot.

All these issues seem to related to the fact that Snake Mountain was shrunk in the production process. That lack of an inch or a quarter of an inch affected everything negatively.

----------

All that aside, these issues can be worked around fairly easily and at the end of the day Snake Mountain is meant to be a display piece.

I am beyond happy we actually got this monster.

Thank you so much to Super 7 for sticking with this project after Mattel basically dumped it in the trash.

It's not perfect, but it's still awesome.

Court Magician
    such a fun thread reading everyone's experiences(and those living vicariously through them lol)

am very happy to announce, well was so busy forgot to share the beautiful news that Entertainment Earth managed to get snake mountain to me before Christmas Day which was beautiful, it really was- mostly because its very reminiscent of when 2 Castle Grayskulls arrived years ago on Christmas eve day- after waitin on edge, a unexpected snow started to form(seriously, there was ZERO snow in the forecast) it was cold enough and it randomly started snowing when the ups truck dropped off two massive boxes by the parents garage)
    I was laying on my bed sulking, behaving like a child because it was Christmas eve day and the castle wasnt going to arrive, then my sister knocked on the bedroom door announcing a truck just dropped off two boxes that were stacked taller than her! there they were 2 castle grayskulls in the snow on christmas eve day! easily top memory of adult collecting lol

fast forward to December 22nd 2020 and there it was- Snake Mountain waiting for me in the apartment complex lobby!
    very bittersweet though as i had to head back to MD to parents house for christmas, snake mountain would remain boxed waiting for me in apt when returning. however it was great enjoying Christmas with the family knowing snake mountain was already in my apt!
    i knew not to bring it to parents cuz my father was ****** when he saw castle grayskull on basement floor years ago, could only imagine snake mountain would give him a heart attack!

gonna take a bunch of drugs and open it tomorrow!!!

not sure if it will stay on floor or if any of my tables can even hold it.

what exactly is the length and width of this thing for table top display? will it fit on a 2' by 4' table or do i need the 2' by 6' table?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Oz View Post
    gonna take a bunch of drugs and open it tomorrow!!!
    Interesting...

I wish! But I kept hesitating due to the price, and now it looks like I've missed out on ever owning it.
    Well you will be busy with Snake Mountain to be bummed about the rug.

Hoping an updated youtube video when you finally display the mountain there.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    Does anyone know if the top bit of Snake Mountain (the bit with the gate) can be removed once youŽve put it on? (IŽll be moving very soon and will need to rebox it).
    I was really worried about this as well. I examined it very well from underneath. You should be able to get underneath where the slots tab in to be able to press inward on where the side hooks are keeping it in. Just make sure you examine it like I did so you will fell good about getting it out yourself before plugging it in.

Court Magician
    bout to open it in few hours, if anyone can answer quickly- does anyone know if it will fit good on a 2' by 4' table?

of is it better on the floor?

Yes, it’ll fit. Dimensions are 42”x17.25”

Court Magician
    tnak YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    I was really worried about this as well. I examined it very well from underneath. You should be able to get underneath where the slots tab in to be able to press inward on where the side hooks are keeping it in. Just make sure you examine it like I did so you will fell good about getting it out yourself before plugging it in.
    I have taken mine off a couple times. It can be done.
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Thanks very much, IŽll give it a shot!

Does anyone know what color of paint to buy to match Snake Mountain? I'm gonna try adding a floor and some other custom pieces and need to match the overall purple tone of the playset.

Court Magician
    would be rad if some one customized legit stairs that could be an overlay for the current "stairs" haha

loving the mountain but the more i play with it, the more the lack of foot space on the steps is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Oz View Post
    would be rad if some one customized legit stairs that could be an overlay for the current "stairs" haha

loving the mountain but the more i play with it, the more the lack of foot space on the steps is annoying.
    That's a great Idea. Would be an awesome add on. I would also add holes to place the tabs from the snake mountain stands for foot pegs.