Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Club Grayskull wave 3 from Super7 - preorder info

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    I think Snake Mountain is taking the slot of the wave 3 as well;
    which from a marketing point of view, sounds preferable.

I could be wrong though, we'll know more about this in about a day or two (Dan's walthrough video).
    I very much doubt that. Some people only collect action figures and have no interest in larger items. Besides if Snake Mountain has to be a kickstarter that is successful then it would mean nothing for CC if the Kickstarter fails. They aren't going to offer a playset over a regular wave, which would sell a LOT more than a playset would.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

So happy with She-Ra....If I could make some tiny tweeks I would love to see her eye colour be a lighter blue and redder lips to bring her that little bit more on model.

FB_IMG_1532019996421.jpg
    FB_IMG_1532020001693.jpg
    FB_IMG_1532020005978.jpg
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

THAT grizzlor... thanks Super7!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    So happy with She-Ra....If I could make some tiny tweeks I would love to see her eye colour be a lighter blue and redder lips to bring her that little bit more on model
    Yes that is what was a little off it seems, though I think the makeup needs to be toned down a teeny bit on your changes to be perfect
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Heroic Warrior
    They look a bit cartoony, but obviously they're supposed to. I guess I just prefer the Classics style as opposed to the Filmation look. Nice for what they are though! I like the She-Ra proto the best. I'm all in for Snake Mountain. Let's do this thing.

great reveals! Only nitpick would be that Grizzlor's nails should be black and maybe a tad more detail on his fur
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired heads and accessories)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms
    My facebook page:
    https://m.facebook.com/eternalcustoms
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Melaktha, Kittrina, King Helios, Colossor, Zilora, Dragoon

Elder Councilman
    I *might* want that Mantenna, and Grizzlor's shield....and that's it.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Pretty nice reveals. ALL great characters.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Totally Dyslexic
    She-Ras head looks amazing. Hopefully the production of that head goes better than Teelas FILMATION head. The prototype looked amazing as well.

My issue with that prototype is the articulation. No shoulder swivel or biceps cut and no waist cut or torso swivel. This figure looks less articulated than She-Ras first figure and that was seven years ago.

Posing and sitting her down on Swift Wind could be difficult.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

She-Ra is awesome.

If she looks anything like that in finished form, my MOTUC will be complete.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Revealed at the SDCC 2018 Hordak's Lair event!
    Thoughts?
    Just when I thought I could draw a line under the figures thus far and declare that I was done, they pull out She-Ra...
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    All look fantastic, but utterly pointless without He-Man and Skeletor. If Super7 reveals some new tool "ultimate" style reissues of the big 2 I'm fully onboard.

#PowerCon?

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    All look fantastic, but utterly pointless without He-Man and Skeletor. If Super7 reveals some new tool "ultimate" style reissues of the big 2 I'm fully onboard.

#PowerCon?
    Do you mean for Club Grayskull?

Super7 has repeatedly said they won't do that. I think they should, but I'd be completely shocked if they did.

At this point secondary prices are so high on all the other CG figures, would it really entice new people to jump on board this late? Would having He-Man, Skeletor, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Fisto, and She-Ra really be a true collection?
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    When I was first checking out this thread earlier today, I was scrolling down and was like "Oh, Filmation Grizzlor is pretty cool. If I collected the Filmation/Club Grayskull figures, I'd probably get him." Then I saw Mantenna and I was like "Holy crap! Mantenna too? He looks awesome!". Then I saw shor'nuff Filmation, Melendy Britt She-Ra and thought "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back IN!" I do hope the finished product is in the neighborhood of that good though...

Now I may have to track down a Filmation Hordak...No, For Real This Time! Edition. Was he a worthwhile figure? I haven't been in the loop as much since the super7 days started, but even I've been aware of gripes.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Still kind of surprised that they didn't go with Stratos and Ram Man. Those guys were in a bunch of episodes, probably moreso than most other secondary heroic characters.

I guess Snake Mountain took up the Collector's Choice Wave Three slot.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Filmation Hordak was probably the highlight of the wave based on reviews and pics.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    Do you mean for Club Grayskull?

Super7 has repeatedly said they won't do that. I think they should, but I'd be completely shocked if they did.

At this point secondary prices are so high on all the other CG figures, would it really entice new people to jump on board this late? Would having He-Man, Skeletor, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Fisto, and She-Ra really be a true collection?
    All I can say is plans change. Bryan's always said that it would be boring to re-release the same thing. So make some upgrades incorporating all that you've learned or add something new. Change the packaging--I mean it would already be different with the S7 logo anyway. I'm sure they plan for the line to keep its legs a while longer. But history has shown that without some version of the main heroes and villains every so often, the line will lose steam (or.at least not gain any new). Marvel Legends understands this and look where they are now. Mattel was good too and I'm sure would have in time used the same pattern that brought them so much success in classics.
    Last edited by DennyCrane; July 19, 2018 at 04:43pm.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    All I can say is plans change. Bryan's always said that it would be boring to re-release the same thing. So make some upgrades incorporating all that you've learned or add something new. Change the packaging--I mean it would already be different with the S7 logo anyway. I'm sure they plan for the line to keep its legs a while longer. But history has shown that without some version of the main heroes and villains every so often, the line will lose steam (or.at least not gain any new). Marvel Legends understands this and look where they are now. Mattel was good too and I'm sure would have in time used the same pattern that brought them so much success in classics.
    I certainly agree with you, but Super7 says they do not.

I don't understand why He-Man and Skeletor aren't offered in EVERY preorder. If people don't order enough, you just don't make them.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

My favorite are Fisto and She-Ra. But also Mantenna is so good!
    Amazing the Snake Mountain! I want the playset with all the gadgets shown at the stand!
    I hope there are also Collector Choice reveals because missed at the party!
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

These look excellent. This She-Ra looks so much better IMO than the classics version.

Even though I have him, I’d love a rerelease of CG He-Man with a new sword to match She-Ra’s. I always thought the sword that came with him was a very poor attempt.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I very much doubt that. Some people only collect action figures and have no interest in larger items. Besides if Snake Mountain has to be a kickstarter that is successful then it would mean nothing for CC if the Kickstarter fails. They aren't going to offer a playset over a regular wave, which would sell a LOT more than a playset would.
    Some people as you say yourself ... As for the rest, everything lies upon pure speculations so far:

1 /No one at S7 has confirmed anything regarding the way this product is going to be offered.

2/ According to the reccurrent hype generated by this playset, I'd wager that fans still collecting this line are
    at least as much enthusiastic to see this item going back on their shelves than getting obscur characters over
    whom they have no material nostalgia for (Just my two cents!).

3/ It wouldn't hurt anyone if Motu remains faithful to what it has always been: diversity.

PS: Filmation rules these days mate, I'd be surprised if Hunga was to be forgotten that soon.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

quite forgettable choice of characters, grizzlor and mantenna are the least I'm interested
    and what will She-ra do without a proper Filmation He-Man? C'mon super7 do a re-issue of him and off course skelly, his throne bones awaits him
    BUT most of all what am I gonna do with she-ra 2.0 which is an hybrid of toy / filmation? They did a mess strategy with POP I really dont get it, I'm not gonna buy filmation glimmer or angella by any mean,

looking for CC reveals
    Last edited by Triklops 1; July 20, 2018 at 12:50pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I certainly agree with you, but Super7 says they do not.

I don't understand why He-Man and Skeletor aren't offered in EVERY preorder. If people don't order enough, you just don't make them.
    And if s7 really wants a departure from the original release and insure orders, why not a 2-pack! Completists will have to have it. For those without,we'd have our shot. I mean at this point I'm pretty sure we'd take them in a used paper bag, but this strategy would definitely increase sales. Both for the "reissue" and future orders from new customers who would then have the big 2. Win-win.

After a second thought I realized this wave is mainly She-ra characters DUH! (good choice with the new animated series looming) and she's HERE so it's not SO bad. So I guess I'm back in. Curse you and your logic Super 7 Now we need a CG Swiftwind.
    Last edited by DennyCrane; July 19, 2018 at 07:17pm.

Heroic Warrior
    What a great lineup! She-Ra really looks much improved! Mantenna looks perfect! Fisto and Grizzlor look great!
    Can't wait to see what Collector's Choice brings!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Incredible set!! Glad to see The Horde being really fleshed out in this line. She-ra looks amazing. No critiques on any of them, all praise.
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2019: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man and movie figures