Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Club Grayskull wave 3 from Super7 - preorder info

I know painted face would make the figures awesome, but I think the biggest culprit here is the cheap plastic that S7 has been using ! Not that I am defending skin tone casted heads, but anyone who collects Marvel Legends, especially some female figures.... which were casted with skin tone plastic knows what I am talking about. Trust me... they look gorgeous !

Originally, I started buying ML for my kid. But I got hooked in the line because of some outstanding figures like Dazzler, Polaris, Dark Phoenix, Sue Strom ETC & the list goes on ! And all of these heads were casted with flesh tone colour ! S7's ultra shiny cheap plastic can go to hell !
    Last edited by TUC138; September 3, 2018 at 07:06pm.
    Looking For Super 7's Club Grayskull Wave 1 Figures (Hordak, Teela, Man-At-Arms & Tri-Klops) !

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Yeah I agree, the faces need to be painted, it makes all the difference IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    but need to be well painted...
    It seems kind of ironic to me that Super 7 is trying to reproduce 2D painted animation cels in three dimensions without actually painting the flesh...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    It seems kind of ironic to me that Super 7 is trying to reproduce 2D painted animation cels in three dimensions without actually painting the flesh...
    Exactly. I made this point as well. In order for it to match, it needs to be painted. Look at how excellent Man At Arms likeness came out. Now imagine it plastic skin tone. It would look off. They ought to be painted, no question.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    Exactly. I made this point as well. In order for it to match, it needs to be painted. Look at how excellent Man At Arms likeness came out. Now imagine it plastic skin tone. It would look off. They ought to be painted, no question.
    I really hope something can be done and in hands that won't seem to be like we can see on some pictures here on boards.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    is it possible they can make some changes at this point or too late?

Quote Originally Posted by Gryf View Post
    is it possible they can make some changes at this point or too late?
    Wave 3 Club Grayskull has only been tooled at this point.
    The preorder goes up at end of September. When they get ready to go into production that’s where a change can be made, but that will be Brian Flynn’s call.

All we can do is voice our opinion on a painted face here and on FB for Brian and Super7 to read.

We also need to take into account that if Super7 does paint the faces the colour plastic underneath could be any color just like Mattel cast Club Grayskull Evil-Lyn’s head in purple plastic then painted over it. The problem with face painting is if the plastic is not flesh tone and the paint job is thin the plastic colour colour can bleed through. CG man at arms arm armour is a good example. Some got good paint while others got a thinner paint coat and the green showed through the yellow paint.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

The Filmation He-Man figure had a head with truly awesome paint apps......please Super7 give She-Ra the same treatment....fans have been waiting over 30 years for this true Filmation She-Ra figire. Please make her all she can be!
    Last edited by Angel-T; September 11, 2018 at 01:58pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Wave 3 Club Grayskull has only been tooled at this point.
    The preorder goes up at end of September. When they get ready to go into production that’s where a change can be made, but that will be Brian Flynn’s call.

All we can do is voice our opinion on a painted face here and on FB for Brian and Super7 to read.

We also need to take into account that if Super7 does paint the faces the colour plastic underneath could be any color just like Mattel cast Club Grayskull Evil-Lyn’s head in purple plastic then painted over it. The problem with face painting is if the plastic is not flesh tone and the paint job is thin the plastic colour colour can bleed through. CG man at arms arm armour is a good example. Some got good paint while others got a thinner paint coat and the green showed through the yellow paint.
    So at this point can they do the things right ?
    Hope Super7 can confirm what they have decide to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    I know painted face would make the figures awesome, but I think the biggest culprit here is the cheap plastic that S7 has been using ! Not that I am defending skin tone casted heads, but anyone who collects Marvel Legends, especially some female figures.... which were casted with skin tone plastic knows what I am talking about. Trust me... they look gorgeous !

Originally, I started buying ML for my kid. But I got hooked in the line because of some outstanding figures like Dazzler, Polaris, Dark Phoenix, Sue Strom ETC & the list goes on ! And all of these heads were casted with flesh tone colour ! S7's ultra shiny cheap plastic can go to hell !
    I feel the same way about the Marvel Legends. I had avoided the line for a while because the sculpts didn’t impress me for the scale that they are but a few years back some of the female characters really grabbed me as being especially lovely. Hasbro really upped their game and hooked me. I agree with your list. The new Retro vintage line Wasp looks fantastic as well. S7 can learn something from the Hasbro’s ML female sculpts but I don’t think the flesh tone plastic is the reason they look so nice. In fact the think if Hasbro painted their ML faces they’d be even better than they currently are.
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; September 11, 2018 at 10:05pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    I feel the same way about the Marvel Legends. I had avoided the line for a while because the sculpts didn’t impress me for the scale that they are but a few years back some of the female characters really grabbed me as being especially lovely. Hasbro really upped their game and hooked me. I agree with your list. The new Retro vintage line Wasp looks fantastic as well. S7 can learn something from the Hasbro’s ML female sculpts but I don’t think the flesh tone plastic is the reason they look so nice. In fact the think if Hasbro painted their ML faces they’d be even better than they currently are.
    This.

One of my favorite ladies in the current ML line is Domino, and she has a painted face (no way to avoid that!) and it looks amazing.

This.

One of my favorite ladies in the current ML line is Domino, and she has a painted face (no way to avoid that!) and it looks amazing.
    The face was painted well, but I think the sculpt of Domino sucked. Horrible face sculpt, like new Psylocke figure(ugly also IMO). In any case, painting the face, it softens a lot of the harsh sculpting lines. I also think it allows them to make smoother paint apps.

Not to beat a dead horse but to make my case,

I had been looking for a new DC Comics line to cherry pick but initially passed on the DC Essentials line becuase the promo photos showed the heads cast in flesh tone. When I came across a review for the first wave of figures I noticed that they were fully painted, and painted well. It made all the difference in the world. I thought for sure the reviewer had gotten some early prototypes and the production figures would not be painted. I stopped by a local comic shop and confirmed that the production figures were painted not cast. They looked so much better that I started collecting them on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse but to make my case,

I had been looking for a new DC Comics line to cherry pick but initially passed on the DC Essentials line becuase the promo photos showed the heads cast in flesh tone. When I came across a review for the first wave of figures I noticed that they were fully painted, and painted well. It made all the difference in the world. I thought for sure the reviewer had gotten some early prototypes and the production figures would not be painted. I stopped by a local comic shop and confirmed that the production figures were painted not cast. They looked so much better that I started collecting them on the spot.
    Oh yes!

The DC Essentials line is criminally underrated! The ReBirth figures are amazing, and the articulation and paint apps are incredible. I am a HUGE fan of the DCUC, but I have to admit, I'm looking forward to the Essentials line getting bigger and bigger!

Wouldn't it be awesome if DC Collectibles was allowed to make MOTU figures based on the DC Comics series? Heck, the Essentials figures would make an amazing base for them to start with! They could show Super7 how it's done when it comes to paint apps...

Oh yes!

The DC Essentials line is criminally underrated! The ReBirth figures are amazing, and the articulation and paint apps are incredible. I am a HUGE fan of the DCUC, but I have to admit, I'm looking forward to the Essentials line getting bigger and bigger!

Wouldn't it be awesome if DC Collectibles was allowed to make MOTU figures based on the DC Comics series? Heck, the Essentials figures would make an amazing base for them to start with! They could show Super7 how it's done when it comes to paint apps...
    Aye, I suspect they are under rated because the promotional images leave a lot to be desired. Until Toyark or Fwoosh’s review I had written them off. It’s one of the rare times a figure in hand looked considerably better than the promotional images. Thank the heavens that they altered Superman’s paint scheme to the classic red undies and yellow belt. But I digress and am veering off topic.

I wouldn’t say no to MotU being done in the more athletic styled line.

I'm a little concerned that Grizzlor's hairy shoulders being scupted as a "vest" will prevent the arms from articulating fully.

No apparent ab crunch on the male figures either, I'm guessing that's something we're going to be losing going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I'm a little concerned that Grizzlor's hairy shoulders being scupted as a "vest" will prevent the arms from articulating fully.
    Don't be, The Horsemen are good at figuring out articulation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    No apparent ab crunch on the male figures either, I'm guessing that's something we're going to be losing going forward?
    It will depend on the figure the sculpted torso's do give it a more realistic look without bulky armor overlay. It looked fine on Hordak, Chopper and spikor. The figures still have plenty of articulation. Fangors ab crunch was way to loose. so i'm good with no ab crunch
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    Looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    I love this pic!

I hope pre-orders start soon. Maybe Next week?
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Super 7 Wave 3 preorder details

Here’s the info from Instagram:
    The Masters of the Universe Club Grayskull series continues with Wave 3! Super7’s third wave of super detailed deluxe 7-inch Masters of the Universe comes right off of the television screen and into your collection! Each highly articulated figure comes complete with an assortment of accessories: She-Ra, Princess of Power is packaged with Sword of Protection, Shield and Boomerang, Mantenna, the Evil Spy with Pop-Out Eyes features four legs, alternate hands, blaster and extra head featuring extended eyes, Grizzlor, Hairy Henchman of the Horde is on the offensive with weapon and Shield, and Fisto, Heroic Hand-to-Hand Fighter comes with oversized right hand and sword. The Masters of the Universe Club Grayskull Wave 3 set of four figures will be available for pre-order from Monday - October 22nd at 12noon PST through Thursday - November 15th for $140 per set plus shipping. #mastersoftheuniverse #motu #shera #mantenna #grizzlor #fisto #clubgrayskull #super7

- - - Updated - - -

DDF2BA77-C1B7-416B-9FBD-0E893DE54E0B.jpg
    FFA7735E-419A-4D3B-B6C5-B36E571EAD30.jpg
    05A917F3-B059-4926-9625-4BC92DAF2B4F.jpg
    EB956AB8-C9DF-438A-AE8C-7917C68EE455.jpg

Widget
    Awesome news!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Here’s the info from Instagram:
    The Masters of the Universe Club Grayskull series continues with Wave 3! Super7’s third wave of super detailed deluxe 7-inch Masters of the Universe comes right off of the television screen and into your collection! Each highly articulated figure comes complete with an assortment of accessories: She-Ra, Princess of Power is packaged with Sword of Protection, Shield and Boomerang, Mantenna, the Evil Spy with Pop-Out Eyes features four legs, alternate hands, blaster and extra head featuring extended eyes, Grizzlor, Hairy Henchman of the Horde is on the offensive with weapon and Shield, and Fisto, Heroic Hand-to-Hand Fighter comes with oversized right hand and sword. The Masters of the Universe Club Grayskull Wave 3 set of four figures will be available for pre-order from Monday - October 22nd at 12noon PST through Thursday - November 15th for $140 per set plus shipping.
    mmm... does this mean you can't order additional individual extras this time around?
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Has there been any word on when they are likely to ship?

Nice news !