Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Collector's Choice done?

I really wish we could get one more wave of Collector Choice consisting of Colonel Blast, Hunga, Lady Slither and Skeleteen, then aside from the remaining vintage NA figures I'd be happy.
    I'd also like Snake Armor He-Man's shield to be included as an accessory with one of these figures.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Just a few perosnal opinions on topics being discussed:

1) I enjoyed a lot obscure/concept characters in MOTUC. I think the line has been enriched with those.
    2) I definitely agree that there are remaining characters that should be made to consider Classics complete. Like Miro, remaining NA, etc.
    3) I support bofth lines, CC and CG. I like CC the best because the excitement of new unique characters (with a lor of details), but I also value CG because I've been filling gaps in my Classics collection with CG (my She-Ra, Man-E-Faces, Tri-Klops and Mantenna are from CG, I have a one single blended collection that mix both styles, so I don't duplicate characters... and I'm waiting for Filmation Mekaneck!).
    4) First 2 waves of CC figures from S7 were great, I'm satisfied with characters selection. The problem was that loooong period where we had nothing from CC, and when it finally came back, it as a line-up made of variants only. I will acknowledge the figures look great, but they didn't get my interest, I wanted previously unreleased characters like Hunga, Lady Slither, Mask of Power Demons, Skeletten, etc, etc, etc. However, I'm not against William Stout's collection in any way.
    5) NA line-up would not be remotely complete if Sagitar is not there!
    6) Finally, I think the most beneficial model for the lines to continue (if S7 can hold the rights to produce these under Mattel's license) would be a crowdfunding model similar to that used with Mythic Legions: just offer characters (we need new streamlined polls based on well established characters without breaking by variants, toy or cartoon versions, or including background characters like farmers, peasants, villagers-in-peril 3 packs, etc.) and everyone can back their favorite characters.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

I see no urgent reason why stop producing the classic line for nostalgic collectors. It's a separate market for a dedicated fan base. It cannnot hurt a retail line. Why it should?
    I'd be more than happy to get Filmation Stratos, Ram Man, Buzz Off, Webstor to name a few but here mostly for Collector Choice and what was pitched in the fwoosh article in 3 parts from last year
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

Quote Originally Posted by Death Metaltor View Post
    I'll give that to TG... he made sure to focus on the whole line which INCLUDED New Adventures. I certainly appreciate that even if he generally rubbed me the wrong way. S7 has only made QUAKKE. What an absolute shame.

Even if they don't give us the variants like DISK OF DOOM SKELETOR or SPIN FIST HYDRON, at least give us the main characters...

1. STAGHORN
    2. BUTTHEAD
    3. SPINWIT
    4. ARTILLA
    5. LIZORR
    6. HOOVE
    7. VIZAR
    8. KAYO
    9. NOCTURNA

Do them as a set of 9 as a preorder like Snake Mountain and if they don't make it, they don't make it. But I think enough people would buy those 9 just to complete their collections. It's a travesty they haven't done more of these figures already. Such a waste
    Do not forget about Sagitar!

He is probably one of the most requested NA figures not to have been made (yet).
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Do not forget about Sagitar!

He is probably one of the most requested NA figures not to have been made (yet).
    Oh yeah, definitely him too... and Crystoll!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I really wish we could get one more wave of Collector Choice consisting of Colonel Blast, Hunga, Lady Slither and Skeleteen, then aside from the remaining vintage NA figures I'd be happy.
    I second these ones !
    Colonel blast and Hunga are among the 8 most wanted Filmation figures : for CC or CG I do not care I just want we have a chance to get them !
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

I hope not, I really want more Collector's Choice and Filmation figures. I easily have 100 more figures that I'm willing to buy, even if it means buying them at $50 a shot.

It's unfortunate that today, Mad Duck Posters announced their time with the brand is coming to an end. They'll be revealing up to 30 new posters in the next week or so but by the time August comes, they won't have any MOTU product left to buy off their site.

Hopefully this isn't another casualty of the license being pulled away to build anticipation for the movie.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I hope not, I really want more Collector's Choice and Filmation figures. I easily have 100 more figures that I'm willing to buy, even if it means buying them at $50 a shot.

It's unfortunate that today, Mad Duck Posters announced their time with the brand is coming to an end. They'll be revealing up to 30 new posters in the next week or so but by the time August comes, they won't have any MOTU product left to buy off their site.

Hopefully this isn't another casualty of the license being pulled away to build anticipation for the movie.
    They are not alone in that case, Mattel has taken back all his Motu licenses.
    Tweeterhead said Sideshow statues is a dead line too even if he had Hordak ready and maybe Teela as what I heard in his last interview.

Hopefully Super7's license doesn't end until the end of this year so they can offer us a final wave of both CC and CG. I just really want them to make Filmation Leech so there isn't a huge gap in the Filmation Horde and Hunga the Harpy would be great too.

I'd also love to get the remaining evil warriors too if they could offer another wave of 6 figures again for Club Grayskull.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Heroic Warrior
    I too reeeeally want at least one more wave of CC, but if we only get one more wave of 6 CG figs, I'd like:

Melaktha
    Buzz Off
    Hunga
    Webstor
    Kobra Khan (with alt. stretchy arms)
    Leech
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Hopefully Super7's license doesn't end until the end of this year so they can offer us a final wave of both CC and CG. I just really want them to make Filmation Leech so there isn't a huge gap in the Filmation Horde and Hunga the Harpy would be great too.

I'd also love to get the remaining evil warriors too if they could offer another wave of 6 figures again for Club Grayskull.
    Leech is indeed the first Filmation variant I am thinking about.
    But there are so many they could do :

Zodac666 picture

Apparently Super7 was planning to increase the number of figures per figures til 8 or 10.

That would have been great 2 last waves of 10 Filmation variants and that would have been it !

I fully Agree Without Filmation Leech there is a huge gap. I wouldn't mind A proper Filmation Horde Trooper too ( army Builder)
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

I really hope we see at least one more. Who knows what will happen? It really seems like Mattel might be OK with passing off the Filmation inspired stuff to Super7, though, so hopefully at least CG will continue. I want a Cringer, Catra, and the Twiggets so bad! I wouldn't turn down an Orko, either, but the MOTUC Orko is pretty darn Filmation as it is. I'm always down for Mossman and Ram Man, too.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

It would be very sad to see the line end without at least getting some of the A list wants..
    a movie line without a Meg Foster Evil Lyn is a tragedy Tbh.. , and a Filmation Ram Man, Leech and Catra...Bow, Cringer.. an actual un busted frosta..

Quote Originally Posted by thatbloodymikey View Post
    It would be very sad to see the line end without at least getting some of the A list wants..
    a movie line without a Meg Foster Evil Lyn is a tragedy Tbh.. , and a Filmation Ram Man, Leech and Catra...Bow, Cringer.. an actual un busted frosta..
    87 Movie figures fall under a separate deal Brian Flynn made with William Stout. Mattel has nothing to do with it so if Super7 wants to do a second wave of 87 movie figures I'm sure they would be able to as long as their deal withy William Stout is still good.

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    87 Movie figures fall under a separate deal Brian Flynn made with William Stout. Mattel has nothing to do with it so if Super7 wants to do a second wave of 87 movie figures I'm sure they would be able to as long as their deal withy William Stout is still good.
    They did say it was limited to Stout designed costumes, right?

Iím pretty sure his Evil-Lyn design was completely different.

Blue bodysuit, gold armor, Vampirella inspired look.

He also did a She-Ra design for the movie.

Not sure if he did Lubicís Eternian designs or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post

Yes, Stout designs only.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be tragic if Super7 released Hunga the Harpy under the CG banner. Yet another blunder if they did. As I've said before, she'd come out looking like a rubber chicken. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post

His sketch of 87 movie Evil-Lyn has the look your talking about But her final movie Outfit was also designed by William Stout so Super7 might be able to make her look Movie accurate. I know Brian mentioned they could do the Stout She-Ra design in figure form they just can't Call her She-Ra since she wasn't in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I fully Agree Without Filmation Leech there is a huge gap.
    I also agree, Leech was the Filmation I was looking forward to the most.
    I hope they manage to release him.

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post

Ok based on this list, my favorites would be

CRINGER
    ORKO
    MEKANECK
    BUZZ OFF
    RAM MAN
    MOSS MAN
    WEBSTOR
    KOBRA KHAN
    COUNT MARZO (oh my gosh, we'come so far in the line it would be great, never imagined that , no way a filmation Miro anyway )
    LEECH (totally needed)
    HORDE TROOPER (would be very cool)
    and BOW
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Metaltor View Post
    The difference between Super 7 and Mattel is that Super 7 has great communication and public relations, while making garbage figures with garbage plastic, while Mattel had high quality figures (with notable mistakes like the debacle with Stinkor's arms) using excellent plastic, but had garbage communication and public relations in the form of Toy Guru. Imagine if Super 7 only took over the marketing and public relations and not the actual manufacturing. That would have been the ideal..
    For whatever it's worth, my point of quitting the line was after some extremely lackluster communication and relations from Super 7.

And Stinkor's arms was one of the lesser mistakes Mattel made.
    MOTUC Wishlist: Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Andros, Monstroid, the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    I also agree, Leech was the Filmation I was looking forward to the most.
    I hope they manage to release him.
    Good chose on Leech, but in my opinion Ram-man is the most important for number of appearances in the cartoon.
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    Good chose on Leech, but in my opinion Ram-man is the most important for number of appearances in the cartoon.
    Agree but without Leech that would be a big lack in the horde line-up...

Here's what my gut tells me is going to happen, based on the various Brian Flynn interviews:

- Collector's Choice / Club Grayskull (as we know it) are going to be put "on hold" in the months leading up to and after the movie. Snake Mountain will be "the last hurrah."
    - Any MOTU figures released by Super7 in "classics" style are going to be new movie-related figures as mandated by Mattel.
    - Once the movie season is over, Super7 will be free to return to Classics (assuming, of course, that they still have or will have re-aquired the rights), but by that time, and given the overall dwindling sales of Classics, Super7 may opt to drop the line or, at most, give it a reboot, returning the focus to A-list characters once again.
    - Club Grayskull may or may not pick up where it left off.
    - While Classics is on hold, Super7 is going to focus on "Classics" as a figure style (much like ReAction is a figure style), as they are already doing with Toxie and Conan. So while they may not be giving MOTU fans new MOTU Classics figures, they will entice us with characters from other brands done in Classics style. TMNT (confirmed), ThunderCats (please!), Silverhawks (please!), etc.

Most of this is pure conjecture on my part, although Brian did outright confirm that they want to proceed with Classics as a style but bring in other brands, although none of these have been confirmed outside of Conan, Toxie, Ren and Stimpy, Voltron, and TMNT. I have a feeling we're going to get an eyeful of their plans at SDCC. It just, sadly, won't be much in the way of MOTU.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Here's what my gut tells me is going to happen, based on the various Brian Flynn interviews:

- Collector's Choice / Club Grayskull (as we know it) are going to be put "on hold" in the months leading up to and after the movie. Snake Mountain will be "the last hurrah."
    - Any MOTU figures released by Super7 in "classics" style are going to be new movie-related figures as mandated by Mattel.
    - Once the movie season is over, Super7 will be free to return to Classics (assuming, of course, that they still have or will have re-aquired the rights), but by that time, and given the overall dwindling sales of Classics, Super7 may opt to drop the line or, at most, give it a reboot, returning the focus to A-list characters once again.
    - Club Grayskull may or may not pick up where it left off.
    - While Classics is on hold, Super7 is going to focus on "Classics" as a figure style (much like ReAction is a figure style), as they are already doing with Toxie and Conan. So while they may not be giving MOTU fans new MOTU Classics figures, they will entice us with characters from other brands done in Classics style. TMNT (confirmed), ThunderCats (please!), Silverhawks (please!), etc.

Most of this is pure conjecture on my part, although Brian did outright confirm that they want to proceed with Classics as a style but bring in other brands, although none of these have been confirmed outside of Conan, Toxie, Ren and Stimpy, Voltron, and TMNT. I have a feeling we're going to get an eyeful of their plans at SDCC. It just, sadly, won't be much in the way of MOTU.
    I think most of this sounds reasonable.

A few thoughts:

I donít know if a ďresetĒ means not doing more obscure characters, just less of them.

Likewise, if Mattelís Origins is going back to basics, I still think it would be smart for that line to maybe have an 80/20% focus on iconic early run characters and later run characters. That lets you stretch out the early characters longer and gets people excited who are longtime collectors.

Vintage vehicles seat Classics figures. Many Classics vehicles work with vintage figures. The Classics playsets work well with 5.5s. Iím curious if maybe Origins will use Classics vehicles or, even if it has smaller vehicles, if they will pair well with Classics figures.

Iím especially curious about Origins torso proportions. In general, Classics torsos are only slightly bigger than Vintage. Classics armor/harnesses work fairly well on Vintage aside from the pecs being bigger. Where Origins falls could be interesting. I suspect either Origins can use things like the Stilt Stalker (assuming armor is removable) but, if not, an Origins Stilt Stalker might work on Classics.

I feel like a return to toy roots could lead Origins to do new Stilt Stalker, Jet Sled, Scubattack, etc. as well as vintage-inspired takes on the 200x extra armor. These might be partly or wholly compatible.

Iím especially curious how and if Origins handles Trollans and hover drones. As these are proportional to head/torso and Vintage and Classics have near identical torso sizes, would they re-release Orko from Classics in Origins? Would they adjust the design to a more Alcala, less Filmation style (say a more squat 200x design?) but then the figure might fit with Classics?