Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Collector's Choice done?

Quote Originally Posted by quick16tt View Post
    I have read the interviews and heard the podcasts with Brain Flynn. This is not a Super7 bash I enjoy the products they release and will continue to buy from them.

People should get worked up and tell Mattel we want Super7 to continue the line during the Movie production and release!! Send them a Email and talk to them at SDCC be civil of course. Or let’s all sit around for 2 or 3 years and wait for Mattel to be done and by then the MOTU license is up for grabs.
    I agree we should politely let Mattel know We are happy with Super7 Making Collectors Choice & Club Grayskull but if you really think about it and put yourself in Mattels place They have a MOTU Movie that's finally taking off after all the BS of multiple directors signing on then leaving the project the multiple script rewrites etc. Yes The movie is slate to hit Theaters in May of 2021 and for a year before Mattel wouldn't want any MOTU product on the marketplace that might distract from whatever line of toys they have planned. I think it would be fair if Mattel allowed Super7 to continue with both lines in MOTUC until say march of 2020 so that they might be able to get out at least two more waves of figures then say ok no more its on hold until after the movie is out and whatever product we plan on putting out is out there. But at the end of the day Mattel holds the MOTU lic and they can stop anyone from making MOTU toy product even this early on.

Another thing to consider is super7 is currently manufacturing Club Grayskull wave 4 & the William stout Collection along with the Conan figure as Brian showed plastic test shots in his supercast video and Now they have to tackle Snake Mountain and do many follow ups with the factory along the production process because its a massive undertaking and Brian would like to get it out the door in January before the factories all shut down for Chinese new year.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Heroic Warrior
    Would you guys all prefer Super7 making more Classics to Mattel doing them?

Super7 may be more reliable but they’re pricier and prone to delays. Mattel may be more prone to fewer figures and shrunk waves but they seem to be more committed to distribution, price, and QA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Would you guys all prefer Super7 making more Classics to Mattel doing them?

Super7 may be more reliable but they’re pricier and prone to delays. Mattel may be more prone to fewer figures and shrunk waves but they seem to be more committed to distribution, price, and QA.
    See that's the problem Mattel is not going to start making MOTUC again. There is no one left in the company to run it. Yes Mattel might do the Powercon exclusives but that's once a year. Matty Collector is gone and Mattel washed their hands of MOTUC's and the fanbase three years ago.

So yes I would prefer Super7 keep making the Collectors Choice and Club Grayskull 7 inch figure lines.

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

I'm going to be perfectly honest, my dream scenario at this point would be if Mattel granted the rights directly to the 4 Horsemen to continue to run the Classics line and to have them fund the figures in similar fashion to how they do their Mythic Legions line. Do one robust wave a year and a couple of supplemental mini-waves in between. Cut out the middleman, so to speak, and run with it. I'd be really interested to see what directions they'd go in, but I think it could be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    I'm going to be perfectly honest, my dream scenario at this point would be if Mattel granted the rights directly to the 4 Horsemen to continue to run the Classics line and to have them fund the figures in similar fashion to how they do their Mythic Legions line. Do one robust wave a year and a couple of supplemental mini-waves in between. Cut out the middleman, so to speak, and run with it. I'd be really interested to see what directions they'd go in, but I think it could be awesome.
    Big yes to all of this!
    "Peanut nostrils, happy clams."
    -Michael J. Nelson

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    This is true Brian even stated in adult collectors Interview how amazed he was at the amount of messages posted hoping Snake mountain would fail and from people who had no intention of buying it to begin with. Brian said if its not for you or too expensive for you fine just say that and wish those purchasing it well , but the amount hate really shocked him.
    As someone who quit collecting a year or so ago and has no desire to come back due to a lot of things (of which the increasingly-toxic fanbase is part), I want Snake Mountain to succeed. I want everyone here who wants it to get it. I hope it's the awesomebomb for everyone. I'm done, but I'm not going to **** on anyone else's cornflakes. But yeah, MOTU fandom - hell, any nostalgia-driven pop culture fandom - is getting bad.
    MOTUC Wishlist: Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Andros, Monstroid, the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Heroic Warrior
    See that's the problem Mattel is not going to start making MOTUC again. There is no one left in the company to run it. Yes Mattel might do the Powercon exclusives but that's once a year. Matty Collector is gone and Mattel washed their hands of MOTUC's and the fanbase three years ago.

So yes I would prefer Super7 keep making the Collectors Choice and Club Grayskull 7 inch figure lines.
    What if the reason Super7 has a new CEO is because they hired Flynn to run MOTUC and adult collectibles at Mattel? And Flynn fought to get Super7 other licenses so they wouldn’t fold when he left?

Mattel is the one doing Slime Pit He-Man at Power Con. Even if Flynn isn’t going there, they have to have people other than Brandon capable of doing this stuff. Flynn has even commented in the past that while everyone he knew at Mattel is gone, they had MOTU fans working there he’d never met.

Which is clear from Mega Construx, Imaginext, Monster High, and the social media stuff coming out with Origins He-Man.

In addition, the folks at Mattel who worked on DC Multiverse (who are still there) probably have know-how, as do the Wrestling toy people.

God, NO - I want just the opposite. Kick Super7 to the curb and bring MOTUC back home to Mattel. Please.

Have to agree....

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Have to agree....

Yup lol...

I’d like to see S7 continue the 2 lines. I think they’ve greatly improved their figures, the Classics have been especially good for the most part. Plus, they made a big investment in tooling and some great improvements in articulation over Mattel.

I think they deserve to continue with the 7” while Mattel could focus on Origins & a movie line.
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I’d like to see S7 continue the 2 lines. I think they’ve greatly improved their figures, the Classics have been especially good for the most part. Plus, they made a big investment in tooling and some great improvements in articulation over Mattel.

I think they deserve to continue with the 7” while Mattel could focus on Origins & a movie line.
    I agree with that, I do hope they will keep making classics for collectors and Mattel their lines at mass retail for kids and collectors
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

I agree. There's no reason why Super7 couldn't continue on with what they're doing AND for Mattel to do what they're doing. There's room for everyone. Plus for Super7, if Snake Mountain has taught them anything it's that there's still a market for Classics.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Is Collector's Choice done?

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    God, NO - I want just the opposite. Kick Super7 to the curb and bring MOTUC back home to Mattel. Please.
    Mattel couldn’t make three figures without a huge mistake (Zombie He-Man good, Snake Troopers good, wrong arms on Slamurai). Are you really sure about this?

Heroic Warrior
    The reason for not continue with Motuc is because not all the fans have money to follow diferent lines, and they want your money go now to origins not for classic, if classic done you money go to origins, if continue, you choise classics. If,is true, to Lady Slither, Hunga, Miro and Skeleteen are ready release, we want more classics. I preffer Mattel to Super 7.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Mattel couldn’t make three figures without a huge mistake (Zombie He-Man good, Snake Troopers good, wrong arms on Slamurai). Are you really sure about this?
    Wrong forearms and wrong feets, they wasted the figure.

I still do not like the quality of S7's figures. And the price is such a pimp slap to the fans, I don't care about small company, license cost and all that, these figures have literally priced me out, and that ****** me off. I wish I could have afforded all the figures I've missed, because I would have bought them, but as it stands, due to the absurd prices, I've missed out on the 2018 Power-Con exclusives and the 2019 SDCC(? whatever the Horde Zombie He-Man is from) exclusives, the last Filmation wave, and the movie figures. I'm so thankful to be able to afford SM, but it ****** me off to see the after-market prices on all those figures I'll probably be trying to track down one day. Again, the fact that S7 is a small company, therefore smaller runs, which drives up the cost, and the license fees, I understand all of that. But the fact remains, they have priced me out. I've been collecting this line from the beginning as a completionist, including lots of duplicates, and now I'm so far behind I don't really see much hope for my future finishing out this line that I love so much. And that really hurts.

If Mattel produces these cheaper, then I want them to make MOTUC again. I'd rather have a wrong part every once in a while, than to have no figures because I can't afford to drop several hundred dollars at once. If Mattel takes it back, and kills it in favor of origins, then let S7 continue. Origins look amazing, but I'm invested in Classics. I'm tired of the run around with exclusives and after market prices. I'm over these companies treating their patrons like drug addicts.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; June 15, 2019 at 04:30pm.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Agree.

Mattel has it pros and cons

Super7 has its own pros and cons.

i believe the most important factor is that what company has enough interest to do it, and right now it seems Super7 is more interested than Mattel so hope Super7 continue Classics.

Last edited by motogp_fanatic; June 17, 2019 at 06:54pm.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Agree.

Mattel has it pros and cons

Super7 has its own pros and cons.

i believe the most important factor is that whose the company has enough interest to do it, and right now it seems Super7 is more interested than Mattel so hope Super7 continue Classics.

At this point I am crossing my fingers that Mattel or Super7 keeps making Classics.

But for sure I think that could be a hard pill to swallow for super7 because they saved Classics, they have just started to be very effective, more waves, more figures per wave and Snake Mountain !

I am very grateful for all the additional figures super7 offered us after Mattycollector has ended up and I hope Mattel will let them make more in the future.
    Hope that future will not be in 2022 and they will realize that is not incompatible to produce small run of figures for collectors and mass retail figures for kids and collectors.

I think Super7 can still totally support this niche line (club) just for fans for years to come, still so many left to be made, the slime pit playset would be cool and easy to make (I guess)
    But Has Super7 still interest in MOTU? I hope so despite acquistions of many other licenses from popular 80s toy brands
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    My god... in a perfect world this would be the most excellent choice! I guarantee that if MOTU Classics was put on a kickstarter campaign by the 4H, it would hit every goal. I have never been wronged by the 4H on any of their exclusive lines, (it may take a while to get them) and their figures are top-tier.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I agree. There's no reason why Super7 couldn't continue on with what they're doing AND for Mattel to do what they're doing. There's room for everyone. Plus for Super7, if Snake Mountain has taught them anything it's that there's still a market for Classics.
    As much as I would like to see MOTU go home to Mattel, I don't think they have any interest in continuing Classics/CG... so I agree with this, as long as Super7 continues to refine their QC.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Neither Mattel back then nor S7 now would seem interested into completing NA, so what's the point in continuing the line? So that we can be overwhelmed by tons of pricey variants? Just the talk of Fuerza T variants when we are still missing so many NAs makes me cringe: do we really need figures based of knok-offs when a big, legitimate chunk of MOTU lore is still missing?

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    Neither Mattel back then nor S7 now would seem interested into completing NA, so what's the point in continuing the line? So that we can be overwhelmed by tons of pricey variants? Just the talk of Fuerza T variants when we are still missing so many NAs makes me cringe: do we really need figures based of knok-offs when a big, legitimate chunk of MOTU lore is still missing?
    So what you are saying is if Super7 doesn't make any NA figures there no point in continuing the line? I Highly disagree as there are lots of characters that still need to be made. Also who said Super7 would be making Fuerza T variants? Just because the card art for the Slamurai vs snake trooper 3 pack shows a shadow of a Fuerza T character does not mean Super7 would be making them since Mattel was the ones who made this years Powercon figures not Super7.

Mattel or Super 7 should concentrate on making NA, characters had vintage toys, instead of those awful concept/prototype and Club Greyskull figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Mattel or Super 7 should concentrate on making NA, characters had vintage toys, instead of those awful concept/prototype and Club Greyskull figures.
    I am kinda agree they should make more NA and I wish they did. I wish as our fellow collector Ornclown suggested, a 10 or 12-packs to finish the NA rodster.
    But NA are not the best sales unfortunately.

However I do not agree with you for Filmation characters. First these are the best sales for super7, they sell 5 or 6 times better than CC figures.
    And second and not the less important : I am a big Filmation fan !

But maybe we are all wasting our breath, because Classics are a dead line.
    I guess we will see better at SDCC and Powercon what kind of future Classics still has