Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Collector's Choice done?

Simple answer...Nope.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post
    I really miss collectors choice! For my it's the real MOTUC. I was really hoping to see some new characters.
    It was until the "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" cartoon line got retconned.

Court Magician
    I can see the Classics line becoming a hard sell for Super7. The obscure character list to chose from will likely bring me to pick and choose from the Classics line from here on out. I was raised on the cartoon so I love the Filmation figures. But here is hoping both lines continue many years from now!!

Heroic Warrior
    "Oh, there's no new figures shown or they didn't show something when I think they should, so it's the end of the lien!"

HOW many times have we danced this dance since 2008?

And Snake Mountain is one heck of a reveal, given how long it's been since Matty showed their model and we thought it was DOA.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

I got into Super7 on preview night and saw what they had on display and it did have me a little worried about the collectors choice line. I'm glad to hear that more new stuff is coming. I'm hoping that something from CC wave 3 just wasn't ready in time for SDCC and hopefully they'll be getting revealed next month at Power-con.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    I got into Super7 on preview night and saw what they had on display and it did have me a little worried about the collectors choice line. I'm glad to hear that more new stuff is coming. I'm hoping that something from CC wave 3 just wasn't ready in time for SDCC and hopefully they'll be getting revealed next month at Power-con.
    In Dan's interview vid, Brian said they want figures further along in the development process and that CC is far from over. They simply just didn't have things far along enough.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    my guess is that they are trying to target their audience: club grayskull at sdcc & collector's choice at power con.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Asked and answered. Why is this thread still open?
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

still not the end for sure, so many awesome figures to make :

admiral scurvy
    colonel blast
    melaktha
    kittrina
    red knight
    mask of power demons
    twiggets
    negator
    hunga the harpy
    general tataran
    all NA and many more!

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    i don't agree to those saying that cc fans had snake mountain, so we should be happy. The point is that something that massive is not for everyone's wallet. And it is not as fun as seeing new characters made in plastic.

this!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    Is Collector's Choice done?
    Uh, no. It had better not be...

At least, not until we see Spinwit, Nocturna, Hoove, Lizorr, Butthead, Artilla, Sagitar, Kayo, Staghorn, and Vizar!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Amen

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Because us obsessive fans can't leave well enough alone.

I certainly hope Collector's Choice has some life left in it. There are quite a few characters that I would like to get and I never did like the Filmation design aesthetic (even though I do like the Filmation cartoons). I'd really like to see a Lady Slither with interchangeable snake tail and legs that works like the Mermista figure (which has interchangeable mermaid tail and legs) before Collector's Choice ends.

Totally Dyslexic
    Iīm glad that it was asked and rather fast answered.

I have to admit the last few reveals where to much FILMATION oriented for my taste.

Snake Mountain is considered MOTUC and looks amazing but like others itīs not substitute seeing new Collectors choice figures.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Iīm glad that it was asked and rather fast answered.

I have to admit the last few reveals where to much FILMATION oriented for my taste.

Snake Mountain is considered MOTUC and looks amazing but like others itīs not substitute seeing new Collectors choice figures.
    Exactly. There are plenty of fans like myself that are only interested in acquiring figures of characters that have never been done instead of large, expensive one-off items.

I don't think so and I certainly hope not. I'm not much of a CG guy, CC is my line and there's lots of figures I want yet.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

yeah! I still need Bubblor, dangit! So we must keep CC alive for that reason

And, of course, aside from that there's a whole bunch else I'd want too... I buy the Filmation ones to keep Super 7 happy with our business, but the CC's are the ones I love most...

I’m confident and happy that CC will continue, even at the slower pace. I think Super 7 will have time and the flexibility to release some really great items for it (such as more beasts, vehicles, two-packs, Weapons “Pals,” etc.).

I’m glad Filmation Line collectors are getting great product, too, even though I skip most all. (I do have Evilseed, and I ordered the Sorceress from BBTS because she looks great, avoids the wing-drums, and, most importantly, has the Kodak Ungol head!). I also grabbed a Laughing Adam online because it’s such a fun piece, though it certainly doesn’t fit with my collection, stylistically speaking, but to that point, even He-Man has a few heads that don’t quite look like him, especially with the Power-Can head being the same face as Oo-Lar’s, but...whatevs, right?

While I’d prefer new characters always appear first in CC/MOTUC, I will grab any Toon figure that strikes my fancy. (Heck, that She-Ravi’s gorgeous, and I’ve already concocted various reasons in my head to add her to my collection (younger, first years-She-Ra, She-Ra’s daughter....).

There’s room for all of it!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

It is clear with the history of Super 7 releases that Collector's Choice is an after thought at this point.

Just another reason why I quit the line.

I don't anticipate much more coming out. Club Grayskull/Filmation has been the focus from S7. Just like with Trollans, they can release Snake Mountain with a Club Grayskull header and still sell the same amount.

I think CC fans will be lucky if they even get 8 figures a year at this point.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Heroic Warrior
    I sill hold out hope that they can get the 87 movie rights and I can finally have the Frank Langella Skeletor I have desired for years.

Quote Originally Posted by themodrenman View Post
    I sill hold out hope that they can get the 87 movie rights and I can finally have the Frank Langella Skeletor I have desired for years.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they managed to pull that one out of the bag.

Need......more........CC figures.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    It is clear with the history of Super 7 releases that Collector's Choice is an after thought at this point.

I don't anticipate much more coming out. Club Grayskull/Filmation has been the focus from S7. Just like with Trollans, they can release Snake Mountain with a Club Grayskull header and still sell the same amount.

Lets look at what has been released under Super7, including Wave 3 CG reveals. CC = 16 and CG =17. If we include the 4 unrevealed CC figures from Wave 3 (which we know are coming soon) CC = 20. I really don't know where all the doom and gloom is coming from?

CC = 16 items (excluding Wave 3 reveals.)
    Fangor
    Quakke
    Lodar
    Hawke
    Dylamug
    Karg
    Granita
    Wrap Trap
    Stridor
    Snake Mountain
    Stratos
    Trap Jaw
    Prince Adam
    Errol Mcarthy 3 Pack

CG = 17 Items (including Wave 3 reveals)
    Chopper
    Sikor
    Dree Ell & Montok
    Teela
    MAA
    Hordak
    Tri-Klops
    Sorceress
    Mer Man
    MEF
    Tung Lashor
    Laughing P Adam
    Fisto
    She Ra
    Grizzlor
    Mantenna

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Need......more........CC figures.
    Yep. I love Club Grayskull, but I'm sorely missing my Collectors' Choice fix!

Might have to do what Penny is doing and go the Hunter Knight Customs route...
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post

It's not. It's been stated that another assortment is coming. And as you mentioned, SNAKE MOUNTAIN!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk