Thread: Official DC Aquaman movie thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Official DC Aquaman movie thread

Here is the official trailer... color me impressed, I think this looks really good!

It seems to have taken most of its inspiration from the Throne of Atlantis mini-series / Animated film.

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Will watch it definitely.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I'll go and see it.

Heroic Warrior
    i watched it last night as well as reactions to it.

it looks like a solid movie.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I was not overly impressed with what I saw. The CG, per usual with WB films, looks way too video game-y for my tastes and the ending to the trailer seemed like it was trying too hard to seem "fun". And I know that Mera is supposed to be redhead but couldn't the movie makers find a more natural looking shade of red? But I really loved the look of Black Manta! Now that is one cool looking villain. It's about time they had one in the DCEU.

So overall, I think I will catch this movie on cable unless any follow up trailers really knock my socks off.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; July 29, 2018 at 03:07pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I was not overly impressed with what I saw. The CG, per usual with WB films, looks way too video game-y for my tastes and the ending to the trailer seemed like it was trying to hard to seem "fun". And I know that Mera is supposed to be redhead but couldn't the movie makers find a more natural looking shade of red? But I really loved the look of Black Manta! Now that is one cool looking villain. It's about time they had one in the DCEU.

So overall, I think I will catch this movie on cable unless any follow up trailers really knock my socks off.
    Yes, I was baffled by this too.

In Justice League, her hair is a much more natural shade of red... why did they change it?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Yeah messed up, what a judgment when no one actually seen the finished product LOL

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Yeah messed up, what a judgment when no one actually seen the finished product LOL

Coming from the guy who knows who Lobo is?? Look it up

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Coming from the guy who knows who Lobo is?? Look it up
    You're embarrassing yourself if you are assuming I did not know Lobo.

Enough off topic. The new trailer looks great, those crisp underwater scenes are breathtaking.

Enough off topic. The new trailer looks great, those crisp underwater scenes are breathtaking.

I agree, Aquaman is going to be a beautiful movie visually, adding the amazing performances by a highly talented cast, and all the special effects, and an epic story, I wouldn't be surprised at several Academy Awards being won for various categories.

There's also this amazing book, The Art And Making Of Aquaman by Mike Avila, being released in January next year.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product...8S0WXSO0&psc=1
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I agree, Aquaman is going to be a beautiful movie visually, adding the amazing performances by a highly talented cast, and all the special effects, and an epic story, I wouldn't be surprised at several Academy Awards being won for various categories.

There's also this amazing book, The Art And Making Of Aquaman by Mike Avila, being released in January next year.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product...8S0WXSO0&psc=1
    Already planned the movie theater date with my nephews. Can't wait.

But:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...o-not-aquaman/

Apparently, the legendary Julie Andrews will be voicing a sea-being named Karathen in Aquaman!

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni62290688...ref_=hm_nw_tp2

Julie Andrews.jpg

*Screen legend Julie Andrews is storming movie theaters this Christmas, but it won’t be alongside Emily Blunt on Cherry Tree Lane.

Curiously, Andrews will voice a key role in Aquaman, the franchise hopeful from DC Films and Warner Bros. lead by Jason Momoa.

The Sound of Music star will voice Karathen, a mythical sea creature that helps Momoa’s waterbound hero broker peace between Atlantis and the dry land, an individual familiar with the project told Variety.

Aquaman opens on Dec. 21, two days before the release of Mary Poppins Returns, when Blunt will take on a role originated by Andrews in the 1964 Disney classic.*

Cheers, Mikey
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Yes, looking forward to it..

Just saw Aquaman with my daughter last night. I gotta say It was impressive.

Apparently, Aquaman is doing really well in international markets, I know I can't wait to see it myself on Friday. So far it has made $152 Million!

*Warner Bros.’ tentpole “Aquaman” has taken in $152 million overseas in 36 markets, with $135 million of that from China, where it opened on Dec. 7.

The Jason Momoa vehicle has become the highest China grosser in the DC Universe and surpassed the lifetime grosses of “Spider-Man: Homecoming” and “Black Panther” in the Middle Kingdom. Mexico debuted with $1.4 million on Thursday on 3,517 screens while Russia and Brazil each took in $1.3 million.

Indonesia has taken in $2.2 million in two days and the U.K. generated $1.8 million in two days of previews. Taiwan’s two-day total is $1.4 million and the Philippines generated $1.1 million. In the U.S., Amazon Prime is holding advance screenings of “Aquaman” on Dec. 15 amid expectations of a $65 million opening weekend in North America on Dec.*

In another article, Aquaman has generated around $200 Million and rising!

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni62313625?ref_=tt_nwr1

*Saturday Update: Riding a wave into seven more markets on Friday, Warner Bros/DC’s Aquaman fished out another $27M from overseas turnstiles, lifting the international box office cume to $179.1M. There are 43 offshore hubs now in release, ahead of a further 28 next session which open alongside North America.

The Trident of Neptune is claiming No. 1 in each market on Friday. Play is led by China which had a record bow last frame and, with yesterday’s grosses, hit the Rmb 1B mark, or $147.4M. Early estimates out of the Middle Kingdom for Saturday add another $24M (not included in the cumes above) which already propels Aquaman across $200M internationally today.

The China Friday was a terrific 45% drop from the first full day of play last weekend. Aquaman is now WB’s No. 2 biggest grosser in the market which has fallen hook, line and sinker for the Jason Momoa-starrer.*
    Last edited by Mikey; December 16, 2018 at 06:36am.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Much as I loved Wonder Woman, I have to say that James Wan's Aquaman tops it in all ways. A visual feast for the eyes, (ironic that ILM is the special effects house for the movie, particularly since they are owned by the House of Mouse, who of course owns DC's rival Marvel). The story is coherent, fast paced without leaving you wondering what the heck is going on, and stands completely on it's own.

It makes a passing reference to Justice League and that's it. It may very well be that DCEU might be able to right their cinematic ship if they stay away from the dark emo garbage that Zack Snyder tried to shove down our throats. Guess we'll see if they stay the course when SHAZAM! comes out.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Much as I loved Wonder Woman, I have to say that James Wan's Aquaman tops it in all ways. A visual feast for the eyes, (ironic that ILM is the special effects house for the movie, particularly since they are owned by the House of Mouse, who of course owns DC's rival Marvel). The story is coherent, fast paced without leaving you wondering what the heck is going on, and stands completely on it's own.

It makes a passing reference to Justice League and that's it. It may very well be that DCEU might be able to right their cinematic ship if they stay away from the dark emo garbage that Zack Snyder tried to shove down our throats. Guess we'll see if they stay the course when SHAZAM! comes out.
    Do you think Snyder took the wrong lessons from The Dark Knight trilogy as much as much as some 90s comics took the wrong lessons from Alan Moore, Frank Miller, Katushiro Otomo and more?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Personally, I've loved every DC Comics related movie, even those that are dubbed as "unpopular" by certain fans or the critics. There's always something redeemable about every movie, and in my opinion, they are brilliant.

Just got home after watching Aquaman for the 2nd time in cinema. Went to see it with the wife and nephew.

There are lots of movies we’re excited to see this holiday season. Aquaman is at the top of our list!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

If a movie about a race of intelligent, shark riding 'humans' who live in a magical city on the bottom of the ocean seems a little too over the top, what in blazes would a MOTU movie seem like!!??

Last edited by DC_WARLORD; December 24, 2018 at 06:47pm.
    Odd Man Out

I can't believe it beat Bumblebee for the weekend! The combined might of John Cena and Transformers was beaten by a DC film. Shocked would an understatement! I guess many couldn't and didn't see you John! Ha!!!

With a global tally of $482.8M so far, I guess it can be called a success.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    If a movie about a race of intelligent, shark riding 'humans' who live in a magical city on the bottom of the ocean seems a little too over the top, what in blazes would a MOTU movie seem like!!??

Anything is game now. No more of this "Its too hard to faithfully translate MOTU to the big screen" nonsense.