Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official DC Aquaman movie thread

Official DC Aquaman movie thread

Here is the official trailer... color me impressed, I think this looks really good!

It seems to have taken most of its inspiration from the Throne of Atlantis mini-series / Animated film.

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Will watch it definitely.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I'll go and see it.

Heroic Warrior
    i watched it last night as well as reactions to it.

it looks like a solid movie.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I was not overly impressed with what I saw. The CG, per usual with WB films, looks way too video game-y for my tastes and the ending to the trailer seemed like it was trying too hard to seem "fun". And I know that Mera is supposed to be redhead but couldn't the movie makers find a more natural looking shade of red? But I really loved the look of Black Manta! Now that is one cool looking villain. It's about time they had one in the DCEU.

So overall, I think I will catch this movie on cable unless any follow up trailers really knock my socks off.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; July 29, 2018 at 03:07pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I was not overly impressed with what I saw. The CG, per usual with WB films, looks way too video game-y for my tastes and the ending to the trailer seemed like it was trying to hard to seem "fun". And I know that Mera is supposed to be redhead but couldn't the movie makers find a more natural looking shade of red? But I really loved the look of Black Manta! Now that is one cool looking villain. It's about time they had one in the DCEU.

So overall, I think I will catch this movie on cable unless any follow up trailers really knock my socks off.
    Yes, I was baffled by this too.

In Justice League, her hair is a much more natural shade of red... why did they change it?

I was a bit put off by the fire engine red hair, too. I don't remember it looking that way in the Justice League movie; am I just remembering that wrong? Much of the CGI looks unfinished, which is likely the case at this point. Hopefully it'll look better in the final film than JL's CGI did, as that was clearly rushed. Details like that aside, I think it looks like a fun movie, and I'll be going to see it. Aquaman's world is crazy awesome, and it looks like they're really trying to bring that to the screen.

I will watch it when it comes out on streaming like I do with every other new movie I watch. It would take an act of God to get me into a movie theater or like the best movie EVER made.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I will watch it when it comes out on streaming like I do with every other new movie I watch. It would take an act of God to get me into a movie theater or like the best movie EVER made.
    Really?? Is it cost or what? I have many people I know that don't do this with no explanation?

It's only $7-8 a ticket...Nothing beats the big screen experience...

Heroic Warrior
    Looks good to me.

I hope Black Manta gets enough screen time.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Really?? Is it cost or what? I have many people I know that don't do this with no explanation?

It's only $7-8 a ticket...Nothing beats the big screen experience...
    It is the people. Every time I go I am annoyed by the other movie goers. I do go see some things at the Drive In, which is nice because I can be in jammies and bring my own healthy snacks.

I'm afraid that it looks quite generic. I just hope that Black Manta has a bigger role than a secondary gn for hire for Ocean Master.
    Although, what frightens me more are these huge similarities:

I'm going to watch it in the theater but I'm afriad that this is not the movie that DC needs (or how it was made) in order to define and establish once and for all a cinematic shared universe.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

I’m really excited about this one!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Really amazed by the trailer . This will be another solid entry for the DCEU, Worlds of DC or whatever will be called.
    Trailer looks promising and I wish wiil do if not better at least huge box office results than Panther early this year (what a overhyped flick anyway)

I'm very optimistic about the future of DC on film , you know it seems like since Campbell's Green Lantern 2011 everything went downhill except for MOS and Wonder Woman. Now Geoff Johns seems very confident about the Green lantern Corps movie and honestly the Lanterns desevers better treatment, even if Mark Strong was a good Sinestro, yeah what a waste.

Gone is the Snyder'era with its faults and good things alike, seeds were planted to create a better universe, do some corrections and at least multiple universes: yeah I'm so in for Dc Black beginning with Scorsese's Joker origin movie and possibly Swamp Thing as next or Justice League Dark.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I'm afraid that it looks quite generic. I just hope that Black Manta has a bigger role than a secondary gn for hire for Ocean Master.
    Although, what frightens me more are these huge similarities:
    I wouldn't worry too much about this.

At worst it will be a not-so-subtle homage... at best it will be taking inspiration from one of the highest grossing movies of all time.

Heroic Warrior
    If your going to complain about similarities between Aquaman and Black Panther then complain about the even greater similarities between Black Panther and The Lion King.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    If your going to complain about similarities between Aquaman and Black Panther then complain about the even greater similarities between Black Panther and The Lion King.
    This is my review from Black Panther thread movie when I've watched it last February:

I think it is a good movie, but I also think that is very over hyped.
    Many characters, even enjoyable, are taken for granted with no real background development (Nakia). I really liked Shuri I hope she may become Black Panther as well.
    I did really like M'Baku and Klaw was awesome, but Killmonger fell quite short IMHO. CGI was not that great either.

Also, I found it quite similar to Lion King

And Lion King was a loose adaptation from Hamlet... so we are seeing the same regurgitated story over and over again but new adaptations are lacking an orginal spin to make them attractive.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Exactly, movie studios they all copy each other,
    difference is which franchise is succesful enough for some profit or not
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Here we go (Saw this one coming) another Marvel Jab..can't you DC Fanboys just stop already? Would there be this much hate for Marvel if the roles were reversed? And Black Panther didn't steal from the Lion King BP was around a lot LONGER Than Lion King... Look it up..it's fact

Wakanda Forever! Or at least until Infinity War! Ha :P

Oops, I didn't mean to step into a DC versus Marvel brawl. I like them BOTH. I am such a rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Here we go (Saw this one coming) another Marvel Jab..can't you DC Fanboys just stop already? Would there be this much hate for Marvel if the roles were reversed? And Black Panther didn't steal from the Lion King BP was around a lot LONGER Than Lion King... Look it up..it's fact
    Where is the hate in pointing out that pretty much the same story (and even visuals) are being reused in the upcoming Aquaman from Black Panther? And some pieces from Black Panther seem to be taken from Lion King? And Lion King from Hamlet? And last year's King Arthur's Legend of the Sword is also a very similar story?

There are some DC movies that I love, some that I just like and some of them that I just can't bare to watch a second time.
    There are some MCU movies that I love, some that I like, and some of them that I think that are hugely overhyped; but I must say that all of them are entertaining. MCU seems to have a much more solid and organic plan in the way they have developed their movies and it is admirable how they have pulled it out. After 10 years their constitution cannot be denied and pretty much half a generation have grown under its influence.

Even though, if something is remiscent to something else, why not pointing it out? BP may have been around longer than Lion King, and please forgive my ignorance if there is something like this in a comic, I don't have a memory of BP having a dream/spiritual travel to a speak with his ancestor in a very similar fashion and well known scene as Lion King in any publication.

I wish DC would make better movies, but honestly, caped or classic super heroes seem to be outdated and they can't figure out how to properly update them for the screen

My feedback thread

Again, we have a movie that looks like fun, and I probably will see it. This is a popcorn movie, and not meant to be Citizen Kane. As far as the character, at least they have figured out they need to show that Aquaman can do more than just breathe water and talk to fish. I do like Jason Momoa's attitude as Aquaman, even if he doesn't look much like the comic book incarnation.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

Heroic Warrior
    I'm a firm believer that this movie will suck. The entire concept of Aquaman requires that it will be 90% CGI and after Justice League we've seen that Mera needs to set up an air bubble for them to even talk... That's not even mentioning the fact that Aquaman isn't even blonde... I mean, they are trying to work through the costume... and the beard has some history... but he still looks more like Namor than Aquaman without the blonde hair.

So half the world thinks Aquaman is a punchline for a bad joke... and the actual Aquaman FANS don't even recognize this character... And that's not even counting the mass of people who want nothing to do with it because the rest of the DCEU has sucked so badly.... so yeah, it's going to bomb hard.

THAT said, I think the trailer was REALLY surprising. Lot more surface stuff than I was expecting so the dialogue will be there... it looks fun. The DC movies have become like the Transformer movies... where I'll still get my hopes up, but inevitably be disappointed... So I still think it will suck... but the trailer LOOKS good.

All my DC hopes lie on SHAZAM right now. That just looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Wakanda Forever! Or at least until Infinity War! Ha :P

Oops, I didn't mean to step into a DC versus Marvel brawl. I like them BOTH. I am such a rebel
    See I don't pick sides either this is why I don't get the war...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Where is the hate in pointing out that pretty much the same story (and even visuals) are being reused in the upcoming Aquaman from Black Panther? And some pieces from Black Panther seem to be taken from Lion King? And Lion King from Hamlet? And last year's King Arthur's Legend of the Sword is also a very similar story?

There are some DC movies that I love, some that I just like and some of them that I just can't bare to watch a second time.
    There are some MCU movies that I love, some that I like, and some of them that I think that are hugely overhyped; but I must say that all of them are entertaining. MCU seems to have a much more solid and organic plan in the way they have developed their movies and it is admirable how they have pulled it out. After 10 years their constitution cannot be denied and pretty much half a generation have grown under its influence.

Even though, if something is remiscent to something else, why not pointing it out? BP may have been around longer than Lion King, and please forgive my ignorance if there is something like this in a comic, I don't have a memory of BP having a dream/spiritual travel to a speak with his ancestor in a very similar fashion and well known scene as Lion King in any publication.

I wish DC would make better movies, but honestly, caped or classic super heroes seem to be outdated and they can't figure out how to properly update them for the screen
    Then you should read more into these stories because don't you think if something like BP came first that someone didn't copy them not the other way around? You look too much into things that takes the fun out of anything when you dissect it too much...

I do not know, I kind of like the guy they picked to play him. He is hot - LOL!