Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official DC Aquaman movie thread

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I do not know, I kind of like the guy they picked to play him. He is hot - LOL!
    Speaking as a heterosexual male with nearly four decades without a trace of interest in other men, I must agree that Jason Mamoa is gorgeous. I don't fancy him or anything, but he awes me the same way a majestic tiger does. A beautiful creature, even in the absence of a sexual attraction!

Why this beautiful homage produce more hype in me than the actual trailer?

Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    Speaking as a heterosexual male with nearly four decades without a trace of interest in other men, I must agree that Jason Mamoa is gorgeous. I don't fancy him or anything, but he awes me the same way a majestic tiger does. A beautiful creature, even in the absence of a sexual attraction!
    Ha, no worries. My hubby cracks me up when I say so and so is my 'movie' boyfriend and he says 'Yeah he is one good looking dude!' I razz him a bit.

Heroic Warrior
    I can't wait for the Aquaman movie but it will not be my first movie of that weekend since Alita Battle Angel comes out as well. I was actually kind of interested in the Bumble Bee movie but when found out that wasn't actually Starscream in the movie, I lost interest.

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    was actually kind of interested in the Bumble Bee movie but when found out that wasn't actually Starscream in the movie, I lost interest.
    Really?? because that IS him...It's been verified

I just want to see Black Manta done right. So far he looks great. Hope he has his Manta ship.

That HB video is funny. At :35 it looks like the reverse of Aquaman leaping into a toilet? I mean, I know that's not what it is, but ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Really?? because that IS him...It's been verified
    Screenrant had an article saying it's Blitzwing, not Starscream. I'd be happy if they're wrong, it was my only reason to want to see it.
    https://screenrant.com/bumblebee-dec...ing-comic-con/
    Last edited by gbagok; August 1, 2018 at 09:26pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

i like the trailer.. colorful. fun and powerful. yea. lots of CGI, but at this point.. i dont care right now.

but its only the first trailer. those seem to look awesome, then when you see the film.. eh. look what happened with MOS.

i will watch it and hope for a very entertaining film.

though imo, i hope to see jason mamoa cut his hair for the next film. it looks ok, but prefer shorter
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I just want to see Black Manta done right. So far he looks great. Hope he has his Manta ship.

That HB video is funny. At :35 it looks like the reverse of Aquaman leaping into a toilet? I mean, I know that's not what it is, but ha!

Screenrant had an article saying it's Blitzwing, not Starscream. I'd be happy if they're wrong, it was my only reason to want to see it.
    https://screenrant.com/bumblebee-dec...ing-comic-con/
    Blitzwing??? He's Starscream's colors... Just when I had hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I was actually kind of interested in the Bumble Bee movie but when found out that wasn't actually Starscream in the movie, I lost interest.
    At least Bumblebee is an actual VW Beetle this time...

Now all we need is Dan Gilvezan to reprise his role.... oh, wait.. the Bay version of Bumblebee doesn't speak. God, that's so stupid.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

This looks like it will be the most amazing movie ever! I can't wait to see it at the cinema and I'm already anticipating buying it on DVD and watching it constantly. Aquaman has an amazing cast with Jason Momoa, Nicole Kidman, and Amber Heard (as well as MOTU alumni Dolph Lundgren), and the underwater scenes look breathtakingly vivid, plus the story looks awesome with lots of action, fabulous costmes, character development, and humour.

Cheers, Mikey
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

James Wan is outside his comfort zone of horror and action doing a fantasy film and superhero film.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    James Wan is outside his comfort zone of horror and action doing a fantasy film and superhero film.
    Where did James Wan state this?

Or are you just projecting your own personal beliefs onto others per usual?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Where did James Wan state this?

Or are you just projecting your own personal beliefs onto others per usual?
    Just saying he's trying different genres than horror like Saw and the Conjuring.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

So to all of the people that love Jason Mamoa as Aquaman but he IS Lobo looks and acts just like Lobo they messed this one up....

Yeah messed up, what a judgment when no one actually seen the finished product LOL

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

So to all of the people that love Jason Mamoa as Aquaman but he IS Lobo looks and acts just like Lobo they messed this one up....
    They did not mess up anything, the movie looks amazing visually, and the characters look and sound fabulous. Jason Momoa is very good looking and talented, plus he has a hilarious wit which adds warmth to Aquaman's character, as does Amber Heard as Mera.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Yeah messed up, what a judgment when no one actually seen the finished product LOL

Coming from the guy who knows who Lobo is?? Look it up

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    They did not mess up anything, the movie looks amazing visually, and the characters look and sound fabulous. Jason Momoa is very good looking and talented, plus he has a hilarious wit which adds warmth to Aquaman's character, as does Amber Heard as Mera.
    Agreed. Jason Momoa did a fantastic job as Aquaman in JL, and I am looking forward to this movie.

Newest trailer:
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Agreed. Jason Momoa did a fantastic job as Aquaman in JL, and I am looking forward to this movie.

Newest trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na0Cc4l4mdM

Thanks Ornclown, I love watching the trailers because it's keeping me excited for the Aquaman movie. I love the interaction between Jason Momoa and Amber Heard. Also, Nicole Kidman will be outstanding as well, I've loved her scenes in the trailers. Black Manta is just plain fantastic!

Coming from the guy who knows who Lobo is?? Look it up
    You're embarrassing yourself if you are assuming I did not know Lobo.

Enough off topic. The new trailer looks great, those crisp underwater scenes are breathtaking.

Enough off topic. The new trailer looks great, those crisp underwater scenes are breathtaking.

I agree, Aquaman is going to be a beautiful movie visually, adding the amazing performances by a highly talented cast, and all the special effects, and an epic story, I wouldn't be surprised at several Academy Awards being won for various categories.

There's also this amazing book, The Art And Making Of Aquaman by Mike Avila, being released in January next year.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product...8S0WXSO0&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I agree, Aquaman is going to be a beautiful movie visually, adding the amazing performances by a highly talented cast, and all the special effects, and an epic story, I wouldn't be surprised at several Academy Awards being won for various categories.

There's also this amazing book, The Art And Making Of Aquaman by Mike Avila, being released in January next year.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product...8S0WXSO0&psc=1
    Already planned the movie theater date with my nephews. Can't wait.

Already planned the movie theater date with my nephews. Can't wait.

My sister and I have made the same plans, and I'm already anticipating buying the movie on DVD next year.

But:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...o-not-aquaman/

Apparently, the legendary Julie Andrews will be voicing a sea-being named Karathen in Aquaman!

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni62290688...ref_=hm_nw_tp2

Julie Andrews.jpg

*Screen legend Julie Andrews is storming movie theaters this Christmas, but it won’t be alongside Emily Blunt on Cherry Tree Lane.

Curiously, Andrews will voice a key role in Aquaman, the franchise hopeful from DC Films and Warner Bros. lead by Jason Momoa.

The Sound of Music star will voice Karathen, a mythical sea creature that helps Momoa’s waterbound hero broker peace between Atlantis and the dry land, an individual familiar with the project told Variety.

Aquaman opens on Dec. 21, two days before the release of Mary Poppins Returns, when Blunt will take on a role originated by Andrews in the 1964 Disney classic.*

Cheers, Mikey