Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official DC Shazam movie thread

Heroic Warrior
    I think this is safe to post (embed) here. Not sure. I forget already.

I'm looking forward to Shazam because of the character's potential to be great, and there's a lot of heart and humour present in the trailer at least, and I can't wait to see more in the movie. The friendship between Billy Batson/Shazam (Asher Angel/Zachary Levi) and Freddy Freeman (Jack Dylan Grazer) is the source of that heart and humour and it's going to make the movie special.

Cheers, Mikey
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Trailer number 2:

The more of this I see, the more I like it. I love how it represents the "ant-Dark Knight" as in it's bright, funny, and seems not to take itself too seriously.

I applaud DC for shifting this movie into a more accessible and comic-rooted category than its past movies...

This looks like a really fun movie, and when added to Aquaman and Wonder Woman - it seems DC is finally finding its footing on the big screen.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    I was already sold on seeing this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I was already sold on seeing this movie.
    Yeah, I'm pretty stoked now!

I am hoping for some kind of "Captain Marvel" quip at some point in the movie!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Not a lot of hype for this movie considering the positive reviews it's getting.

I must admit, it looks like a whole load of fun, I'll hopefully catch it this weekend.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post

I must admit, it looks like a whole load of fun, I'll hopefully catch it this weekend.
    Supposed to see it this Sunday. I'm expecting good things because of the way the previews present it.
    White knights of the internet only see flowers or dragons. Nothing in between.

What constitutes a lot of hype? Everyone I've talked to seems to know about it and wants to see it, which seems pretty good (at least on the level of Aquaman). In comparison, most don't know about Hellboy which even I had forgotten it comes out NEXT week.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Count me as one who is hyped for it!

I am happy to see this new direction that DC is taking with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and now, Shazam

Undoubtedly, when it releases, EndGame will suck all the excitement and revenue from Shazam - so I really hope it does well for the next couple of weeks.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    What constitutes a lot of hype? Everyone I've talked to seems to know about it and wants to see it, which seems pretty good (at least on the level of Aquaman). In comparison, most don't know about Hellboy which even I had forgotten it comes out NEXT week.
    Well comparatively, when looking back at releases of Wonder Woman and Aquaman, at least here in the UK. Probably due to people not knowing who Shazam is at the moment.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Well comparatively, when looking back at releases of Wonder Woman and Aquaman, at least here in the UK. Probably due to people not knowing who Shazam is at the moment.
    Last night on TV it was making fun of itself in a commercial. Something along the lines of:

Get ready for the greatest Super Hero movie since last month!

I think it's going to be a fun action comedy and I'm looking forward to it.
    White knights of the internet only see flowers or dragons. Nothing in between.

OMG, that trailer was full of laughs. I loved the 'I'm Batman!' "Get 'em, Batman!" and the building leaping.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Ok, so are we ready?
    I'm not expecting a smash blockbuster hit, this will do moderate worldwide gross like Ant Man or Doctor Strange but I wish entering in the Billion dollar club anyway! Why leave Shazam! out? China is there to help after all
    Last edited by Triklops 1; April 5, 2019 at 06:58pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

I'm watching this tomorrow!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Watching it on Saturday!

Saw it. Loved it. Possibly the best DCEU movie yet (aside from Wonder Woman... I can't decide).

Seriously -- this movie is an absolute blast. Definitely the best Captain Marvel movie ever made.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I can't wait to see this. I was initially slow to warm to it, but now I am very excited!

Not to go into Zack Snyder bashing, but this is what he fails to understand: Most people want and expect Super Hero movies to be fun and uplifting. Nobody wants to walk out of a theater feeling sad, and thinking "Wow....Shazam has a LOT of demons". When I saw Batman V Superman, NOBODY in that theater was excited after it was done. There was no buzz.

Like I've said, there is definitely room for Superhero Deconstruction, but it's not really meant for most mainstream heroes.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; April 5, 2019 at 08:49pm.
    Odd Man Out

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I can't wait to see this. I was initially slow to warm to it, but now I am very excited!

Not to go into Zack Snyder bashing, but this is what he fails to understand: Most people want and expect Super Hero movies to be fun and uplifting. Nobody wants to walk out of a theater feeling sad, and thinking "Wow....Shazam has a LOT of demons". When I saw Batman V Superman, NOBODY in that theater was excited after it was done. There was no buzz.

Like I've said, there is definitely room for Superhero Deconstruction, but it's not really meant for most mainstream heroes.
    Agreed on superhero movies!

I have been hearing nothing but good things from people who have seen Shazam.

I am really excited to see this, and I am genuinely happy to see DC pull themselves out of the rut they created with the Dark Knight trilogy and the luke-warm Man of Steel.

I enjoyed it. It's basically an adaption of Geoff John's modern version of the character.

I could quibble that it probably needed a few additional character scenes, but it's still a big fun superhero adventure.

I think I have a crush on Zachary Levi. He is adorable and funny! I may actually venture out to see this one. I noticed they have it in a local Imax that is usually pretty slow/dead on the week days.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

I saw this last night. It was a pleasant surprise. It was silly and fun when it needed to be but serious and emotional when it needed to be. It has enough weight to balance out the silliness. The trailers lean heavily of the humor, which was well done but it has depth and a good theme.

I’m not a huge DC fan, mostly just a Batman fan. I was never a fan of over powered Superman types. No version of Shazam ever did it for me in the comics, (save Kingdom Come) but the movie was fantastic. Take your kids, they’ll have a good time. It’s great for adults and children. The film is an overall empowering, positive, and sweet story. It’s nice to see DC making feel good films about superheroes.
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; April 6, 2019 at 09:59am.

Saw Shazam tonight and absolutely loved it!

There are so many things to like about this movie, but I will just say that, as origin stories go, this one does a great job of pacing considering the age of the character and the wealth of history he brings to the big screen.

This movie made me feel really happy, and glad that so many heavy concepts can be handled with panache when put in the hands of people who care.

I can't wait to see more of Shazam in the future... THIS is how DC Superhero movies ought to be!

Also, the mid-credit scene is so incredible... if you don't smile when you see it, then you aren't alive.

I saw Shazam this morning and I LOVED it too. It had the perfect blend of superheroism and lighthearted fun. I think Jack Dylan Grazer was PERFECT as Freddy Freeman and I liked the special role the other foster kids had in the story (without going into spoiler territory). Both Asher Angel & Zachary Levi amazingly personified the "man-child" aspects of the title character. Djimon Hounsou was great as the wizard who gives Billy Batson/Shazam his powers, & Mark Strong was greatly sinister as the supervillain Dr Sivana.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Saw it. Loved it. Possibly the best DCEU movie yet (aside from Wonder Woman... I can't decide).

Seriously -- this movie is an absolute blast. Definitely the best Captain Marvel movie ever made.
    I agree, this is the better “Captain Marvel” movie! I’m almost 50, so when ever I hear Captain Marvel, I think of the “Shazam!” character. I thought the Marvel version was entertaining, but underwhelming. Shazam was much more entertaining! A very good movie. I can’t understand why Captain Marvel hit a billion dollars for such an average film. Shazam is much better, but will be lucky to hit 800 million.
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12