Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Wakko's MOTUC Unofficial Collection Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Based on all approved MM bios, it's weekly for about a year and a half from now.
    Holy crap! That's great news. But I also foresee having some issues fitting that many bios in. I might have to be a bit creative at times as to where certain bios are placed. It's an embarrassment of riches!

Looking forward to reading all of your work!
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Holy crap! That's great news. But I also foresee having some issues fitting that many bios in. I might have to be a bit creative at times as to where certain bios are placed. It's an embarrassment of riches!

Sounds like you may have to do 4 page layouts for some characters instead of 2? Hopefully there will be enough room, but I also hope we get a lot of story gaps filled by these bios.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

Heroic Warrior
    Rokkon

Tag line should be

“Young Heroic BATTLING Boulder”

—————

Mantenna

“Evil Spy with the Pop-Out Eyes”

should have an exclamation point at the end

—————-
    Hordak (Filmation style)

Should read:

“Ruthless Leader of the EVIL Horde Invasion”

——————-

.....and that’s it for me until any new ones come out!

Amazing amazing amazing Wakko!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    [list of corrections]
    Thanks again for sending those corrections my way! They have all been fixed.

Also - I just updated the spread for Kobra Khan to include the newly-released bio for Fang. You can view it here.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Link does not work...😢

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Link does not work...��

The link to the new Kobra Khan spread? It works for me.

It works now.... so im happy.

I'm waiting super excited the Snake Mountain release to see how will come out in your cards collection!
    We hope Super7 will reach the goal!
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

I like the new bios but I think that it’s a pity lose the gallery pictures to make space at these new bios.
    You could think to add at the end of the book a section in with you can recover the galley pictures (and maybe add more new pictures)?

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Hey Wakko any plans do something similar to this with the M.U.S.C.L.E., ReAction, Neo-Vintage 5.5", or Mega Construx lines? There were also the 2 past lines of MOTU Giants and Masters Minis as well. Of course it is up to you and there are others who could tackle those lines and try to imitate your style so we can have a uniform look. I know one of us at least has done a visual guide for the ReAction line of figures.

Thank You in Advance for all your hard work.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    I like the new bios but I think that it’s a pity lose the gallery pictures to make space at these new bios.
    You could think to add at the end of the book a section in with you can recover the galley pictures (and maybe add more new pictures)?
    The gallery pictures were only ever there to take up empty space. I'm actually glad to get rid of as many of them as possible because most of them aren't my images and when printed, they take up a lot of ink. Since this isn't really meant to be an art book, I feel like the gallery images should be the first things to go if there's other information to take their place (like the new bios). Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    Hey Wakko any plans do something similar to this with the M.U.S.C.L.E., ReAction, Neo-Vintage 5.5", or Mega Construx lines? There were also the 2 past lines of MOTU Giants and Masters Minis as well. Of course it is up to you and there are others who could tackle those lines and try to imitate your style so we can have a uniform look. I know one of us at least has done a visual guide for the ReAction line of figures.
    Very doubtful. I don't collect any of those lines as I'm not a big fan of them. Again, sorry. If I was to do another book like this, it would be for either the vintage line or the Loyal Subjects line, but I don't really have plans for either.
    Last edited by Wakko; May 29, 2019 at 09:38am. Reason: typo

Updated the entry for Grizzlor to include the newly-released bio for General Grizzlor. You can view it here.

Ok I understood your reason about Gallery Pics...but in my opinion it remains a pity.

Updated the entry for Grizzlor to include the newly-released bio for General Grizzlor. You can view it here.
    There is a problem with Grizzlor new Bio. Probably the level with bio background is turned off.

There is a problem with Grizzlor new Bio. Probably the level with bio background is turned off.
    No, it's correct.

I've decided to make a change going forward with the "bonus bios." The way I was laying them out before (with the shield artwork and the "scroll paper" background) was taking up a lot of real estate on the page. And, as Penny Dreadful pointed out above, there are a LOT more bios yet to come that I will need to fit into the guide. So I decided to streamline the look of these additional bios so that they take up a little less space and fit better with the flow of the page. Over time I'll be going back and changing all of them to look this way.

No, it's correct.

I've decided to make a change going forward with the "bonus bios." The way I was laying them out before (with the shield artwork and the "scroll paper" background) was taking up a lot of real estate on the page. And, as Penny Dreadful pointed out above, there are a LOT more bios yet to come that I will need to fit into the guide. So I decided to streamline the look of these additional bios so that they take up a little less space and fit better with the flow of the page. Over time I'll be going back and changing all of them to look this way.
    Mmm. Ok.

Colud you warn us when you make this change in the other pages please? So we can replace the printed pages. Thank you!

Colud you warn us when you make this change in the other pages please? So we can replace the printed pages. Thank you!
    All images in this thread and all of the pages in the high-res pdf files have been updated.

I have updated the entry for Snout Spout to include the new bio for Galactic Protector Snout Spout. You can view it here.

All images in this thread and all of the pages in the high-res pdf files have been updated.

I have updated the entry for Lizard Man to include the new bio for the Diamond Ray of Disappearance. You can view it here.

I have updated the entry for Lizard Man to include the new bio for the Diamond Ray of Disappearance. You can view it here.

Hi, how about the the Ultimate Skeletor entry?

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Hi, how about the the Ultimate Skeletor entry?
    The "Masters Mondays" bios are for the Classics line only, not for Club Grayskull. This was something Danielle (Penny Dreadful), who co-authors the new bios, pointed out to me when the bio for Imp was released -- that the Imp bio was for his release in Classics, not his re-release in Club Grayskull. Same rule holds for the Diamond Ray of Disappearance.

The "Masters Mondays" bios are for the Classics line only, not for Club Grayskull. This was something Danielle (Penny Dreadful), who co-authors the new bios, pointed out to me when the bio for Imp was released -- that the Imp bio was for his release in Classics, not his re-release in Club Grayskull. Same rule holds for the Diamond Ray of Disappearance.
    Oh... not aware of that.... good to know.

I have updated the entry for Zodac vs. Green Lantern to include the new bio for the Heroic Cosmic Enforcer Zodac. You can view it here.

I have updated the entry for Jewelstar to include her newly-released bio. You can view it here.

I have updated the entry for Zodak to include the newly-released bio for Unmasked Zodak. You can view it here.

THANKYOUUUUU!!!