Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Wakko's MOTUC Unofficial Collection Guide

Widget
    Okay, so, first off, thank you so much for compiling all that information into one place. I actually managed to read through all of it and I found it very informative. It's a really impressive feat. I would not have been able to follow some of the story here without your notes and reference guides.

Now, onto the bad news. I think I found a error.

In Part 7, Page 348: Mermista's bio appears to be Gwildor's bio.

That's the biggest error I noticed. I think there might have been...maybe 3 or 4 other errors, but they were just spelling mistakes or editing things that didn't really detract from the experience. I think the Mermista bio is the biggest thing. And considering this is 855 pages...that's actually really impressive. You still did a really good job editing this.

Also, would this be a good place to discuss the Classics story or not? Not sure if I should just make a new thread or not. I have...comments and questions regarding a few things.
    Last edited by Mezmero777; April 21, 2021 at 05:23pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezmero777 View Post
    Now, onto the bad news. I think I found a error.

In Part 7, Page 348: Mermista's bio appears to be Gwildor's bio.
    Thank you for catching that! That's a really strange error, and in fact when I went into the file to correct it, I generated a new pdf of that page and guess what -- the pdf still showed Gwildor's bio even though I'd replaced it with Memista's. I had to shut down InDesign and try again in order for it to export the proper pdf. So there's some sort of glitch to blame.

One of the other orgers read through my guide awhile ago and did a really thorough job of sending corrections to me. I know it's still not perfect, but I'm just one guy and this book is massive. Thank you for the kind words concerning the guide; I'm really glad you've enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezmero777 View Post
    Also, would this be a good place to discuss the Classics story or not? Not sure if I should just make a new thread or not. I have...comments and questions regarding a few things.
    If I were you, I'd take such a discussion to the Classics forum, where it will get a lot more eyes and traffic. Back when I first started writing and designing this guide, I had wanted this thread to appear on the main Classics forum because I wanted as many fans as possible to see it and offer their input and opinions as I worked on it. Alas, the mods decided my work fell on the side of Fan-Art/Fan-Media and relocated it here, where I personally feel it didn't get the attention and traffic it should have gotten over the years. Yes, I guess I'm still a bit bitter about that. But I'm thankful for the select few who managed to find my thread buried in this forum.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Widget
    Huh. That does sound like a strange error. Not sure what even causes something like that. Then again, sometimes PDFs can be kind of temperamental. You sure did fix it fast, though!

And...I might make that thread. Why not.

Again, thanks for your work!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Thank you for catching that! That's a really strange error, and in fact when I went into the file to correct it, I generated a new pdf of that page and guess what -- the pdf still showed Gwildor's bio even though I'd replaced it with Memista's. I had to shut down InDesign and try again in order for it to export the proper pdf. So there's some sort of glitch to blame.
    Oh man, make sure the hard cover prints don't have the error too

Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    Oh man, make sure the hard cover prints don't have the error too
    Already taken care of!
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Widget
    I've updated the CBR file with the corrected bio.

Awesome!! Congratulations! Can't wait to see the finished product

What's this??

Heroic Warrior
    Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It is my Unofficial MOTUC Collection guide printed as two hardcover volumes. Once I have these hard copies in hand (hopefully in the next couple of weeks), I'll post pictures in this thread. It's possible if anyone else is interested they may be able to order copies for themselves as well. (But let me clearly state up front for the record I will not be making any money off any hard copies that anyone orders; this always was and remains a fan project that is not for profit.)
    Umm, I want to buy them both...

Congratulations Wakko, enjoy your hard work!

Will it be available through Amazon? Or how can we order?

Let me get my copies in-hand first just so I can verify that the quality is good. I'm not sure how long it will take for me to get them. Barnes & Noble's printing website says it takes less than a week on one page, but during the ordering process said it could take up to six weeks due to COVID stuff. Anyway... once I have my copies and everything looks good, I'll let people know where they can get a copy themselves if they want one.
    YES!! I must have this. I started printing out the pages but it's just not the same as having a quality hardcover version.

I want this hardcover bad!!! What's the update?

Heroic Warrior
    Wakko you have got the classics done up waaay better than the “official” toy book did.

I bought the preorder at PowerCon and was not let down when it came in this week.

Yours has way more detail on each released figure.

I def want a copy of yours when it is ready!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Widget
    great work!!!

Widget
    edit: Thundercats have been removed from the guide.
    are you doing thundercats separated as well?

Hey Wakko, can you make some room in your inbox? I've been trying to send you a PM, but get a message saying that your inbox is full. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Hey Wakko, can you make some room in your inbox? I've been trying to send you a PM, but get a message saying that your inbox is full. Thanks!
    Sorry, just seeing this message now. There's now room in my inbox.

BTW, I just tried to message you and your inbox is full. :-)

Hi @Wakko , will the update with Thundercats be soon? Slithe and Crackers now in your hands?

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Hi @Wakko , will the update with Thundercats be soon? Slithe and Crackers now in your hands?
    I'm not sure I'm going to continue with that project. I didn't buy glow-in-the-dark Mumm-Ra, and I also didn't pre-order the Thundertank, so I don't/won't have those items in-hand for taking pictures. So I'd need to ask for volunteers to provide pictures for me. Finding people willing to take good quality pictures for me for the MOTUC guide proved increasingly difficult as time went on, and I don't really want to have to go down that road again of pleading with people to provide pictures for me.

We'll see. Maybe as more figures are released I'll feel more motivated to work on it again.

I'm not sure I'm going to continue with that project. I didn't buy glow-in-the-dark Mumm-Ra, and I also didn't pre-order the Thundertank, so I don't/won't have those items in-hand for taking pictures. So I'd need to ask for volunteers to provide pictures for me. Finding people willing to take good quality pictures for me for the MOTUC guide proved increasingly difficult as time went on, and I don't really want to have to go down that road again of pleading with people to provide pictures for me.

We'll see. Maybe as more figures are released I'll feel more motivated to work on it again.
    I hope you do. Because that MOTUC guide you made is my go to reference when I want to check something out.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by TQWorld View Post
    I've updated the CBR file with the corrected bio.
    hi, please, the cbr files are located where?
    tks

I've updated the entry for Kittrina to include her new Masters Mondays bio.
    Last edited by Wakko; April 20, 2022 at 08:34am.