Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Wakko's MOTUC Unofficial Collection Guide

I have updated the entry for Goat Man to include the newly-released bio for the Emerald Staff of Avion. You can see it here.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I have updated the entry for Stratos vs Hawkman to include the newly-released bio for Lord Stratos. You can see it here.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I have updated the entry for Weapons Pak: Ultimate Battleground Assortment to include the newly-released bio. You can see it here.

I hope you have already started photographing your snake mountain!
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    I hope you have already started photographing your snake mountain!
    I haven't gotten it yet! I ordered from Entertainment Earth, so I don't expect to receive it under January.

I have updated the entry for Mosquitor to include the newly-released bio for the Gold Sword of Power. You can see it here.

Heroic Warrior
    Amazing amazing amazing Wakko! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Iíll be sad to see it wrap up (temporarily) but looking forward to printing these out my man! Great work.

Heroic Warrior
    I just started to print this amazing piece of work out this week. Iím doing it in lots of 50 to save on price as Iím doing it 11x17. This is such an amazing labor or love for the franchise and I like many others here canít thank you enough for creating this awesome book.

Quote Originally Posted by macloed316 View Post
    I just started to print this amazing piece of work out this week. Iím doing it in lots of 50 to save on price as Iím doing it 11x17. This is such an amazing labor or love for the franchise and I like many others here canít thank you enough for creating this awesome book.
    I hate to say this to you, but you might want to hit the brakes on printing at the moment.

The images in this thread aren't all final. And there are still MANY more pages to come. (Yes, there are many sections beyond just the collection spreads.)

One thing I'm doing is going through and replacing some low-res images (particularly accessories) with better images. So the final product will look much improved over what's currently posted in this thread.

Just thought I'd let you know this before you printed the entire thing. For those who might be interested, when all is said and done and I've included all the awesome MOTUC information I plan to include, the entire beast is going to be around 850 pages long!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    Amazing amazing amazing Wakko! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Iíll be sad to see it wrap up (temporarily) but looking forward to printing these out my man! Great work.
    Thank you so much for the kind words and enthusiasm!

SNAKE MOUNTAIN

There it is, folks, the final piece of the collection.

But it is NOT the final piece of the guide. Stay tuned for many, many more pages of content in the days and weeks to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    SNAKE MOUNTAIN

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...f25695b1_o.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...56885725_o.jpg

But it is NOT the final piece of the guide. Stay tuned for many, many more pages of content in the days and weeks to come.
    Congrats!!!! Looks fantastic.

Really well done! Thanks
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

SNAKE MOUNTAIN

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...f25695b1_o.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...56885725_o.jpg

It is a great milestone @Wakko for your project. Be proud, you did an awesome job on this.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

As promised, Snake Mountain did not mark the end of information included in the unofficial guide. Here's a look at the Bonus Bios pages (official Masters Mondays bios that didn't fit in the collection section):

Widget
    There's a typo on page 580: '... a* detachable head...' (instead of 'an').

Just out of curiosity, why's the Gold Sword of Power bio on the Mosquitor entry? Maybe it could be placed in the Chapter 2 if it does not fit in King He-Man's entry? The whole reference to the DVD set looks weird placed in Mosquitor's entry.

And how many chapters are you planning? Any tip on their contents?

Keep on the good job!

Widget
    The split of the War Sled / Jet Sled / Battle Ram bio in three pages makes it really hard to follow. The first section you find in a normal reading order of the guide (page 266) is actually the end of the full bio... IMHO it would have been better to put it all together at chapter 2.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOrko View Post
    There's a typo on page 580: '... a* detachable head...' (instead of 'an').
    I will fix that, thanks!

Just out of curiosity, why's the Gold Sword of Power bio on the Mosquitor entry? Maybe it could be placed in the Chapter 2 if it does not fit in King He-Man's entry? The whole reference to the DVD set looks weird placed in Mosquitor's entry.
    Chronologically, the DVD set with the gold Power Sword was released around the same time as Mosquitor. So putting in on Mosquitor's spread allowed that item to appear in its proper place chronologically. And it ended up fitting well there because there really wasn't enough interesting information on Mosquitor to fill up two full pages.

And how many chapters are you planning? Any tip on their contents?
    Not sure how many chapters there will be total, but there will be lots of fun and relevant stuff. But I'm including it all at the end, after the collection proper, so that if fans don't want to print those pages, they don't have to.

Keep on the good job!
    Thanks!

The split of the War Sled / Jet Sled / Battle Ram bio in three pages makes it really hard to follow. The first section you find in a normal reading order of the guide (page 266) is actually the end of the full bio... IMHO it would have been better to put it all together at chapter 2.
    I agree it's a bit cumbersome to read those three, but this guide got put together as pieces were released and as bios were released. There has been a lot of juggling and redesigning throughout the process to get everything to fit somewhere and (hopefully) in a relevant place. Those three linked bios created a unique problem for me. But frankly, the entire bio storyline is completely out of order throughout the guide. That's just the nature of the beast. But I WILL be including a chapter that puts the entire storyline in chronological order.

Keep bringing the constructive criticism! I always appreciate it.

Widget
    But frankly, the entire bio storyline is completely out of order throughout the guide. That's just the nature of the beast.
    Well, you have a point here.

But I WILL be including a chapter that puts the entire storyline in chronological order.
    Wow! That sounds exciting... and really hard to achieve! I'm sure you'll figure it out somehow anyway.

Keep bringing the constructive criticism! I always appreciate it.
    You're welcome! Glad to be of any help.

As promised, Snake Mountain did not mark the end of information included in the unofficial guide. Here's a look at the Bonus Bios pages (official Masters Mondays bios that didn't fit in the collection section):

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...4a8bc503_o.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...830e2951_o.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...60bd0ee1_o.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...dfd0d331_o.jpg

Thank you for all your hard work on this project, it is fantastic! Just a question or two.

1. Is there a cover and index and/or table of contents?
    2. Anything else you add will likely be at the end? No worries either way, just eager to start printing this.

Quote Originally Posted by dagodfather View Post
    Thank you for all your hard work on this project, it is fantastic!
    Thank you!

1. Is there a cover and index and/or table of contents?
    Yes and yes. There will be a front cover, a table of contents at the beginning, and a full, graphical index at the end. Incoming in the next few weeks!

2. Anything else you add will likely be at the end? No worries either way, just eager to start printing this.
    Yes, several more sections to come, so hold tight. Don't hit print just yet, there's lots of really cool content to finalize yet.

As promised, here's a look at a few pages in the next chapter of the guide... the mini-comics!

Widget
    Everytime I come back to this thread, I am absolutely astonished of how this project is amazing.
    You're the Master of the Universe, Wakko.

A look at a few pages of chapter four... the posters!

Chapter 3 and 4 will cover the not figure related aspect of the Classics collection. That is a great idea. Thanks Wakko.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!