Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Power-Con 2018 Exclusive ReAction figures!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Congrats! Have you seen the Power-Con MOTUC Stratos?
    Thank you very much! Yes, I couldn't believe my eyes the first time I saw him. He's the fella alright! I missed out on his initial release, and secondhand ones are way out of my price-range, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I'd love to collect the ReAction line but they have far too many exclusives and limited run figures to make it feasible.
    I've decided to try to stick to just my favourite characters for that specific reason. As with the original Masters back in the 80s, my first of the ReAction line was Rammy , my fave baddie, Faker , and of course brown tan Stratos .

But naturally I'd like to collect even more!

Last edited by Rammy; February 28, 2019 at 09:19am.
    I was 7 years old, it was the first episode I saw, and because of that screenshot I thought it was spelled with an 'E'... "I didn't invent the ****ing thing!" - Kyle Reese
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

REIGNBOW BRUTE; Crushing Your Childhood One Dream at a Time!

Heroic Podcaster
    The blind box ReAction figures unveiled at NY Toy Fair are a real problem for me. The card art is one of the major selling points for me as a collector so I keep my guys MOC. But these versions come in boxes WITHOUT the amazing card art. Sigh. Seems like no new toy line of the last several years can stick to a packaging design for the life of the line.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    The blind box ReAction figures unveiled at NY Toy Fair are a real problem for me. The card art is one of the major selling points for me as a collector so I keep my guys MOC. But these versions come in boxes WITHOUT the amazing card art. Sigh. Seems like no new toy line of the last several years can stick to a packaging design for the life of the line.
    They are still doing carded figures. There was a lot of demand for the early release figures, but Super 7 didn't want to devalue them by releasing straight up re-issues. So they are doing the blind boxes of those, with some chase colors tossed in. The new figures will still be coming on cards.

And honestly, the box art on the blind boxes is pretty sweet too!

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    They are still doing carded figures. There was a lot of demand for the early release figures, but Super 7 didn't want to devalue them by releasing straight up re-issues. So they are doing the blind boxes of those, with some chase colors tossed in. The new figures will still be coming on cards.

Will the cartoon color Trap Jaw be carded? Or the cartoon Beast Man with red boots? I know carded releases will continue and I look forward to She-Ra and the Horde. But I also want these cartoon versions carded and I fear we will only ever get these ridiculous blind boxes.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post

Its an interesting point, but how much value in first purchase sales is there to Super7 for Reaction figures going to folk who intend from day one re-selling them? Unless I am missing something, there cannot be much value at all to Super7 in keeping the after-market price high for waves one and two. In fact, seems to me it would be smart for Super7 to re-issue wave 2.

Like SunDevil, I would strongly prefer the cartoon variants released on card to go with the rest of my collection. Reaction is not a line I have been collecting loose as the cards add to the collectability and attraction.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    ...the cards add to the collectability and attraction.
    The *Goddess and Camuflado just arrived! And I've begun a duplicate set which will remain carded. Beauties!

*(At last, the Sorceress & Teela's origin makes sense!)
    Last edited by Rammy; March 13, 2019 at 12:13pm.
    I was 7 years old, it was the first episode I saw, and because of that screenshot I thought it was spelled with an 'E'... "I didn't invent the ****ing thing!" - Kyle Reese
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

REIGNBOW BRUTE; Crushing Your Childhood One Dream at a Time!

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Unfortunately I see the blind boxes as being the answer to requests for the earlier figures. I love my vintage SW collection, but make no mistake I'd love em a lot more carded. They just present better for displays. This MOTU ReAction line wouldn't be half as popular w/o the amazing card art, that's for sure.
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    http://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest