Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Grayskull Dungeon Rug

I want this... so bad... but it took a round of discussions with the wife in order to get the go-ahead on Snake Mountain. No way am I reopening negotiations in order to get this as well.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Are there any new reviews for the rug? And maybe some new feedback of those who bought it earlier this year? Are you still satisfied with it? And what's about the missing black outline on the green hand (posting on instagram from a buyer)? Is this the only rug with that missing black color or are there more of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit View Post
    And maybe some new feedback of those who bought it earlier this year? Are you still satisfied with it? And what's about the missing black outline on the green hand (posting on instagram from a buyer)? Is this the only rug with that missing black color or are there more of it?
    I bought one and love it. It is nice and thick. Colors are vibrant (for what it is) and the quality is good. It sits under my office chair, gets rolled on all the time and hasn't shown any obvious signs of wear.

Not sure about any missing colors... I can check.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

Quote Originally Posted by mahuti View Post
    I bought one and love it. It is nice and thick. Colors are vibrant (for what it is) and the quality is good. It sits under my office chair, gets rolled on all the time and hasn't shown any obvious signs of wear.

Not sure about any missing colors... I can check.
    Cool thanks for your feedback! Most of the comments i read in other forums are negative but they came from people who complain about the price and who don't have ordered the rug. Also comments about cheap quality and Super7 ripping people up. But they don't have it in hand so it's nice to hear from people who really HAVE the rug

I just got mine yesterday. So far I am impressed. It seems to be very rugger. I am not sure about the missing color? I will have to take another look.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Heroic Warrior
    I got this when it came out, love it. Don't kniw about the missing color I'll have to look.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Just checked. Mines from the first run and all the images are outlined in black.

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone have an update on the durability of this rug? I really want one for my office!

It's a latchook rug, so basically, the yarn used is dyed and each thread is looped through and knotted to create the design. The rug itself is pretty thick. If you're going to have it more for display and little traffic, it should hold up pretty well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    It's a latchook rug, so basically, the yarn used is dyed and each thread is looped through and knotted to create the design. The rug itself is pretty thick. If you're going to have it more for display and little traffic, it should hold up pretty well.

Cool, thanks. Going to order it real soon...

Is this still available to order?
    Creator of the Chicago Horde
    {YouTube} {Instagram} {Twitter}

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post

I guess you're happy with it. Congrats.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by air7walk View Post
    Yes it is still available at Super7.com. Just type in "rug" in the search box.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by air7walk View Post
    Just ordered mine. Letís see how long it takes to get to me. I canít wait!

Be sure to follow up with your thoughts on it once you get it... I've been on the fence myself for quite some time.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Be sure to follow up with your thoughts on it once you get it... I've been on the fence myself for quite some time.
    Will do...

- - - Updated - - -

The rug arrived!

Ordered from Super7 on April 25th and it arrived April 30th. The rug comes double wrapped in plastic. 1st layer in a clear plastic trash bag type of rap. Then in a white shipping bag.

So after unrolling, I noticed the instruction sheet is almost just kind of folded up and placed inside the rolled up rug. I would have liked it to be at least neatly rolled up in a plastic sleeve or separate bag. Mine got a little creased. Oh well...

The rug is pretty awesome! A lot thicker than I thought too. Probably near 1” thick. Pretty much everything everyone else has said seems correct. Colors, well made, seems durable. I am happy with my purchase. $228 dlvd to me.

Unfortunately it’s going to have to stay rolled up in the closet for a couple weeks until I redo my office/toy room in preparation for Snake Mountain. I’m getting a new desk and chair and two lack tables from ikea to put both MOTUC castles on while moving out my wife’s bookshelves into another room...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by racer x View Post
    Will do...

- - - Updated - - -

The rug arrived!

Ordered from Super7 on April 25th and it arrived April 30th. The rug comes double wrapped in plastic. 1st layer in a clear plastic trash bag type of rap. Then in a white shipping bag.

So after unrolling, I noticed the instruction sheet is almost just kind of folded up and placed inside the rolled up rug. I would have liked it to be at least neatly rolled up in a plastic sleeve or separate bag. Mine got a little creased. Oh well...

The rug is pretty awesome! A lot thicker than I thought too. Probably near 1Ē thick. Pretty much everything everyone else has said seems correct. Colors, well made, seems durable. I am happy with my purchase. $228 dlvd to me.

Unfortunately itís going to have to stay rolled up in the closet for a couple weeks until I redo my office/toy room in preparation for Snake Mountain. Iím getting a new desk and chair and two lack tables from ikea to put both MOTUC castles on while moving out my wifeís bookshelves into another room...
    Congrats.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Wow... that was fast! Thank you for posting a pic and your thoughts on it. I was worried it was going to be some sort of thin, cheaply made overpriced item... but it sounds worth getting!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    It's awesome dude. The price is high for the size but it's thick to make up for it when considering the prices and thickness of area rugs. I say if you got the money and the spot for it, buy one. I wasn't unhappy with mine. I ordered mine when they first went up. Months ago I was finally able to enjoy it and man I love it. One of a kind item we should all have in our motu rooms.

I want this so bad.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I want this so bad.
    You and me both. I keep holding out hope that Super7 will eventually deep-discount it. This and Snake Mountain are my current holy grails when it comes to MOTU.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

You know, I'm glad I'm not the only one secretly hoping for a discount code or something to come along one day in an email or a free shipping sale or something that could help take the sting off the total cost of this thing. Because I really do want it too, but... it's a bit much right now.

Heroic Warrior
    This won't ever discounted. Its.super7 lol they don't even discount their reactions lol.

I just received mine today (exactly one week after placing the order) and it's super cool! Like others have said it seems to be of good quality...very thick and squishy. I'm very pleased (it really ties the room together)!

Also of note, my rug does not seem to be missing the black outline around one of the green fingers that has been described by some others recently. Interestingly enough, though, I'm noticing other small differences between the details on mine and others, for example the pig-faced monsters eyes. Looking closer at photos of many different pieces, I see a lot of smaller changes from rug to rug. I wonder if there is some artistic license built-in to the creation of these? It doesn't bother me, I think that's pretty neat, but now I am curious about the process.

dungeon_rug.jpg

Check it!
    You can get $39 off the rug thanks to their Father's Day sale (currently going on until 6/21!). It's 20% off orders of $100 or more