Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 132

Thread: Mega Construx Heroes - Series 5 Scareglow & Stratos

  1. #26
    Heroic Warrior samson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    342
    I'm absolutely loving these little buggers, and Stratos and Scareglow look awesome in that vid.

  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior OwenMorton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Talon View Post
    I think Mekaneck and Triclops won a poll on Mega's FB page a year or two ago, so I'm sure they're in the works.
    I'd be really interested to see how they do Mekaneck. I'm not sure how they could add an extending neck action to one of these minifigures. That said, I don't work in the toy industry and these guys do, so I'm sure they have a way!!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

  3. #28
    Heroic Toy Addict soundwavempl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    I'd be really interested to see how they do Mekaneck. I'm not sure how they could add an extending neck action to one of these minifigures. That said, I don't work in the toy industry and these guys do, so I'm sure they have a way!!
    I am sure the Mega Construx Mekaneck will work like Classics Mekaneck. Pop off his head and add an extension piece, then pop them back on the figure. I am sure Man-E-Faces will work just like the Classics toy too if they make one.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

    MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

    My Feedback Thread

  4. #29
    Heroic Warrior OwenMorton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    I am sure the Mega Construx Mekaneck will work like Classics Mekaneck. Pop off his head and add an extension piece, then pop them back on the figure. I am sure Man-E-Faces will work just like the Classics toy too if they make one.
    Ah, that makes sense. I don't collect the Classics figures, so I'm unfamiliar with how it works there, but yes, this sounds sensible!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

  5. #30
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,860
    Here's hoping they get to re-do the entire vintage line...including vehicles and playsets.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  6. #31
    Heroic Warrior mossgreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Posts
    220
    So when is Wave 5 supposed to drop?
    "This supersoaker is full of urine and RAGE!!! Mostly urine."

  7. #32
    Widget
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11
    That's my question too! When will wave 5 come out?

  8. #33
    Heroic Toy Addict soundwavempl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,142
    So based on my findings in 2018, Walmarts were restocking wave 1 Heroes in January, wave 2 was out in February/March, and wave 3 started to hit in May/June. I am betting we will see wave 5 Heroes around May/June 2019 at this point.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

    MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

    My Feedback Thread

  9. #34
    Widget
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11
    I cant wait

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,796
    Early pics are looking great. I really hope they do Mer-Man, though!

  11. #36
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Early pics are looking great. I really hope they do Mer-Man, though!
    Surely Mer-Man isn't too far off.

    So how deep does everyone think they'll actually go with this line? Anyone think they'll complete the vintage line-up? Would be good if they went that one step further and completed all the vintage vehicles AND playsets! It'd be a lot more doable in this scale vs Classics, I think.

    Also, does anything think that Mega Construx will be the ONLY MOTU that we get for awhile, between now and the movie? Because of Mattel's rumoured pulling of all the MOTU licences? Or do you think Mattel will end this line too?
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  12. #37
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    998
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Surely Mer-Man isn't too far off.

    So how deep does everyone think they'll actually go with this line? Anyone think they'll complete the vintage line-up? Would be good if they went that one step further and completed all the vintage vehicles AND playsets! It'd be a lot more doable in this scale vs Classics, I think.

    Also, does anything think that Mega Construx will be the ONLY MOTU that we get for awhile, between now and the movie? Because of Mattel's rumoured pulling of all the MOTU licences? Or do you think Mattel will end this line too?
    I would love if they made the entire vintage line in Mega Blok form. It's the only line I'm currently collecting.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

  13. #38
    Heroic Warrior WDWFreak53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,303
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    I would love if they made the entire vintage line in Mega Blok form. It's the only line I'm currently collecting.
    I wish we could have the best of both worlds... Mega Construx figures but LEGO playsets/build-sets.

  14. #39
    King Of Avalon griffen112182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Surely Mer-Man isn't too far off.

    So how deep does everyone think they'll actually go with this line? Anyone think they'll complete the vintage line-up? Would be good if they went that one step further and completed all the vintage vehicles AND playsets! It'd be a lot more doable in this scale vs Classics, I think.

    Also, does anything think that Mega Construx will be the ONLY MOTU that we get for awhile, between now and the movie? Because of Mattel's rumoured pulling of all the MOTU licences? Or do you think Mattel will end this line too?
    Mega Construx doesn't need a license to produce MOTU, they are MATTEL. They can make them whenever they for however long they want since they own both.

    As for who we may get? Going by the parts sharing from the vintage line alone we should be able to get about 80% done, with the last 20% being characters with unique tooling(i.e. Ram-Man and Orko) But it maybe even easier than that since just like with classics there are more parts to use so that will ease some of the parts matching worries. The vehicles and Beasts will be the only issue since most are 100% unique tooling.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

    I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

  15. #40
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    Mega Construx doesn't need a license to produce MOTU, they are MATTEL. They can make them whenever they for however long they want since they own both.

    As for who we may get? Going by the parts sharing from the vintage line alone we should be able to get about 80% done, with the last 20% being characters with unique tooling(i.e. Ram-Man and Orko) But it maybe even easier than that since just like with classics there are more parts to use so that will ease some of the parts matching worries. The vehicles and Beasts will be the only issue since most are 100% unique tooling.
    Haha! Yeah, I know that Mattel owns Mega Construx, but I was wondering if they might stop it because of the rumour going around that they want to give a 12 month break to MOTU merch before the movie comes out. This is apparently to create more demand for MOTU stuff for when the movie toys are released...

    Hopefully it's just a rumour.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  16. #41
    King Of Avalon griffen112182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Haha! Yeah, I know that Mattel owns Mega Construx, but I was wondering if they might stop it because of the rumour going around that they want to give a 12 month break to MOTU merch before the movie comes out. This is apparently to create more demand for MOTU stuff for when the movie toys are released...

    Hopefully it's just a rumour.
    They need to learn from Hasbro's mistake when they stopped the CHUG line(i can't remember what part) to do movie figures. That ticked off a lot of TF collectors. Now Hasbro knows to run the collector, movie, and kids lines all at the same time.

    Mattel needs to keep every bit of MOTU and POP(including Netflix, sigh) out there to keep these franchises in the public eye. That is why we need a new comic from DC with nothing but MOTU, POP, and NA in it, no outside toylines or characters this time.

    And try and put the old cartoons on TV again, syndication did good the 1st time around. Plus networks could use as gap filler between their new shows, just DON'T cut the morals this time. I know they are not HD but some of the stuff in reruns isn't either.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

    I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    They need to learn from Hasbro's mistake when they stopped the CHUG line(i can't remember what part) to do movie figures. That ticked off a lot of TF collectors. Now Hasbro knows to run the collector, movie, and kids lines all at the same time.
    Nailed it! Hopefully SOMEONE is still at Mattel that 'gets it'.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  18. #43
    Heroic Warrior mossgreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Posts
    220
    Is it just me, or is anyone else's fervor dying down a bit. It's so hard to maintain a high level of excitement for months on end for this line with nothing to buy. I'm seeing June 30 as a release date for the Castle now and no date for Stratos and Scareglow. I had the Castle pre-ordered but I've cancelled it now just due to other things taking priority.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "This supersoaker is full of urine and RAGE!!! Mostly urine."

  19. #44
    Heroic Warrior OwenMorton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by mossgreen View Post
    Is it just me, or is anyone else's fervor dying down a bit. It's so hard to maintain a high level of excitement for months on end for this line with nothing to buy. I'm seeing June 30 as a release date for the Castle now and no date for Stratos and Scareglow. I had the Castle pre-ordered but I've cancelled it now just due to other things taking priority.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Personally, I'm still really excited about this line!

    I don't collect any of the modern MOTU figures as I have my vintage and 200X collection, and I feel that's enough of that style of figure for me, but having the characters in Lego-like format is something that's got me really interested! I just pre-ordered the castle yesterday.

    Having said that, I would like them to speed up a bit with releases; it's been several months now since Wave 4 and as you say, no sign of Wave 5 yet. And no announcement of who's in Wave 6 either. Still, I'll be buying this line until it finishes, I suspect!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

  20. #45
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,557
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    They need to learn from Hasbro's mistake when they stopped the CHUG line(i can't remember what part) to do movie figures. That ticked off a lot of TF collectors. Now Hasbro knows to run the collector, movie, and kids lines all at the same time.

    Mattel needs to keep every bit of MOTU and POP(including Netflix, sigh) out there to keep these franchises in the public eye. That is why we need a new comic from DC with nothing but MOTU, POP, and NA in it, no outside toylines or characters this time.

    And try and put the old cartoons on TV again, syndication did good the 1st time around. Plus networks could use as gap filler between their new shows, just DON'T cut the morals this time. I know they are not HD but some of the stuff in reruns isn't either.
    If you ask me, getting rid of all merchandise and media for a year is what killed G.I. Joe for Hasbro. Going into the Rise of Cobra G.I. Joe was doing quite well. The 25th anniversary line was popular, G.I. Joe resolute was quite well received, and then Hasbro cancelled everything to give the line a down period before the film. The first film did OK with toys and some other stuff that popped up. They did it again for Retaliation, killing off G.I. Joe Renegades, the 30th anniversary line, and a few other things, and then they delayed the movie for another year. They haven't recovered, really.

    I can understand Mattel keeping some things quiet but they need to keep companies like Super7 and Mondo CTIVE who are absolutely selling to a very specific audience. They're reaching the die-hards and we'll buy stuff no matter the situation.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!


    "We have a Ram-Man!"

  21. #46
    Heroic Warrior Cringer_luvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    883
    Any word when Scareglow and Stratos are hitting Shelves?

  22. #47
    Heroic Warrior darkmoon766's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Any word when Scareglow and Stratos are hitting Shelves?
    No, but you can pre-order an entire case from entertainment earth.

  23. #48
    Heroic Warrior Razzerian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Antwerpen, Belgium
    Posts
    449
    These figures are really fantastic, I always loved Lego but as an action figure guy (even as a kid, especially as a kid actually!) I always wished the minifigures were more, action figure like...

    I would have LOVED this as a kid. The cool thing about Lego - to me - were always the awesome castles, constructions, etc. Mega Construx are going down an interesting route now, if that Castle Grayskull looks close to as good as the one that was showcased in 2015, then they could be on the verge of taking a far bigger chunk of the market.

    Right now these are catering to adult collectors, but these figures are amazing for kids. I hope the new movie will bring a widespread retail line from Mega Construx with it. I don’t know how it is in the States, but you’ll be hard pressed to find Mega Construx at retail here. But these mini figures could be their way in. They’re so much cooler than Lego!
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

    Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

    Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

  24. #49
    Heroic Warrior Cringer_luvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    883
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    These figures are really fantastic, I always loved Lego but as an action figure guy (even as a kid, especially as a kid actually!) I always wished the minifigures were more, action figure like...

    I would have LOVED this as a kid. The cool thing about Lego - to me - were always the awesome castles, constructions, etc. Mega Construx are going down an interesting route now, if that Castle Grayskull looks close to as good as the one that was showcased in 2015, then they could be on the verge of taking a far bigger chunk of the market.

    Right now these are catering to adult collectors, but these figures are amazing for kids. I hope the new movie will bring a widespread retail line from Mega Construx with it. I don’t know how it is in the States, but you’ll be hard pressed to find Mega Construx at retail here. But these mini figures could be their way in. They’re so much cooler than Lego!
    Its near impossible to find them in the States as well. For some reason Mattel has a romance with WALMART and they stock the shelves at a pace that makes Snails look like Warp Drive. Not to mention they sometimes have the item in the back stockroom but the employees refuse to go and get/look for it.

  25. #50
    Heroic Warrior Razzerian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Antwerpen, Belgium
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Its near impossible to find them in the States as well. For some reason Mattel has a romance with WALMART and they stock the shelves at a pace that makes Snails look like Warp Drive. Not to mention they sometimes have the item in the back stockroom but the employees refuse to go and get/look for it.
    See, I don’t get that! These figures belong on the shelves! I bought a bunch for my son’s upcoming birthday and my misses really dug them too (granted she thinks the Classics figures are cool too, so... ). I’m not saying they have to be pushing MOTU right now, but surely other licenses that are currently mainstream. This ‘buck’ if you will is fantastic, they’re just mini action figures with loads of articulation.
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

    Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

    Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •