Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Mega Construx Heroes - Series 5 Scareglow & Stratos

Absolutely love these little guys.

Can't wait to get my hands on Adam and Mossman.

Heroic Warrior
    Good news - I also echo other collectors' concern that we may not be able to find these @ retail, and will have to get them online.

I have 0 interest in figures I already have from the 5-pack or that I already have gotten individually, but I'm definitely interesting in getting Moss-man, Stratos, & Adam.

Widget
    Hey JDubya-
    I am in CO as well....which KS did you find them in? What's the address?

I cracked and ordered both through Amazon... wanted to make sure I got a version of Stratos with the 'right' colours before the new one comes out! Anyway, they arrived today and they're fantastic! Really love this line.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior
    So can we all agree that Mattel will not be addressing the Heroes Wave 5 distribution issues brought up during August's power-con, and that they will move on directly to the Wave 1 of Mega Construx MOTU (as per their Instagram post)?

Quote Originally Posted by oudoul View Post
    So can we all agree that Mattel will not be addressing the Heroes Wave 5 distribution issues brought up during August's power-con, and that they will move on directly to the Wave 1 of Mega Construx MOTU (as per their Instagram post)?
    It certainly looks that way.

Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by oudoul View Post
    Link to post please?

I was finally able to get these guys thanks to a local orger. Love them! Scareglow is my favorite of course.

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    I stopped worrying about these when I couldn't get Scareglow or Stratos. I even wanted Fox Mulder. I don't plan to pay 20+ for them and they never showed up in stores.
    "..."

I can report that at least the Kroger Marketplace store at 5910 Harrison Ave in Cincinnati has received the Scareglow-Stratos wave. The last Stratos they had went into my shopping cart once spotted, though. And they were out of Scareglows. A Fox Mulder remained on the shelf along with a couple greys.
    A critical cricket is a cricketal critic.

I finally achieved a Scare Glow at the Fred Meyer in Wood Village (the same store where I found my Stratos about a month ago!)! Like Stratos before him, this Scare Glow was the last MoTU in an otherwise pretty much otherwise non-MoTU untouched case. There was also a nearly untouched case of Wave Four (Man-At-arms/Evil-Lyn wave) on the shelf, that wasn't there when I got Stratos...
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

According to a Facebook post, these are showing up in Bargain Hunt stores which are only located in the midwest. They claim they are only $2 each!

Widget
    Thanks to dorrmann's above post, I found an entire box of Series 5 today at a Bargain Hunt store in Lexington, KY. $2 each. Untouched. I only bought 1 each of Stratos and Scareglow so more MOTU collectors can find them in the wild.

I still need Stratos and Scareglow too, and also wanted to get a couple blue aliens. Haven't seen anything from series 5 around here in eastern OH or the northern WV panhandle. Only discount stores in the area are Dollar General, Family Dollar, and TJ Maxx, none of the chain stores they've been found in. The local Kroger got did away with their large toy section over a year ago so they aren't getting this wave either. Trying to keep up with this line for my sons, those figs would be great stocking stuffers.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    I found my set yesterday at the Winchester, TN store. As Chapperion stated above, it was a entire untouched full case. I only grabbed a set for me so there are 3 other sets still there for other collectors. Unfortunately, they place stickers on the packaging and residue is coming up when I try to peel them off. Need to figure out how to remove them since I am a MOC collector.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    I found my set yesterday at the Winchester, TN store. As Chapperion stated above, it was a entire untouched full case. I only grabbed a set for me so there are 3 other sets still there for other collectors. Unfortunately, they place stickers on the packaging and residue is coming up when I try to peel them off. Need to figure out how to remove them since I am a MOC collector.
    Try goof off or oops

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Greyskull Decorator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapperion View Post
    Thanks to dorrmann's above post, I found an entire box of Series 5 today at a Bargain Hunt store in Lexington, KY. $2 each. Untouched. I only bought 1 each of Stratos and Scareglow so more MOTU collectors can find them in the wild.
    Hey man, where exactly did you find them? I’m in Lex too and I’ve been there 3 separate days now to nothing. Though knowing this place they’re at the flea market by now

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by oansun View Post
    Hey man, where exactly did you find them? I’m in Lex too and I’ve been there 3 separate days now to nothing. Though knowing this place they’re at the flea market by now
    They were on the right hand side of the store towards the back, second shelf from bottom in what passed for a boys toy aisle. Were near some action figures and mega construx vehicle sets.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    Un-du may be just what you're looking for to remove stickers; here's the website: https://www.un-du.com/

You should be able to find Un-du in the craft & hobby stores and I know it's on Amazon; it's also on Wal-Mart's website but I'm not sure about in stores.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Thanks for the tips on how to remove the stickers, much appreciated!
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!