Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 Wave Two 5.5” - Teela, Man-At-Arms, Beast Man, Robot He-Man, Eldor, He-Ro

Court Magician
    Whats the real reason for wave 2 eldor being 25.00? He's the same size as all the others?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Unfortunately, not. They announced that at power con
    Has that also been announced anywhere else?

I hadn't heard that. I was under the impression that that's why he was costing slightly more, to offset the vac metalization process costs, not because his card is ever so slightly bigger (is cardboard that expensive now?).

A missed opportunity for sure, and a disappointment.

far as I know, no reason just a gouge, but as a sucker I pay it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheese View Post
    Whats the real reason for wave 2 eldor being 25.00? He's the same size as all the others?
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Heroic Warrior
    So is this confirmed no vac metal? Because every interview with Pixel Dan before he always asked about vac metal and was told yes it figures put it up for preorder without all the information glad I held out man that is so Super7 So we wait 30 years and I guess the vac metal technology has went backwards?

What? No vac metal announced?

Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheese View Post
    I'm guessing it's because he will probably be coming with holograms despite his packaging saying stickers, it's pretty crazy how these are double the price of Funko's Savage World figures, a line of figures with 100% new tooling, just imagine 200x MOTU in SAVAGE WORLD Style, Keldor would look amazing, it's makes me drool a little, I wonder if Funko can get the 200x licence?

I think He-Ro and Eldor are more expensive than the Filmation-style 5.5"s because, well, they're a better product with more detail involved. Whereas the cartoon-based ones are... sort of simple.

Ordered two of each. I just want them!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I think He-Ro and Eldor are more expensive than the Filmation-style 5.5"s because, well, they're a better product with more detail involved. Whereas the cartoon-based ones are... sort of simple.
    Well, tooling wise, simple and detailed will cost just the same. Mould as long as same size and with same mechanisms will cost almost the same regardless of its cavity details.

Different plastic weight and detailed paint app are the more cost factors.

I also doubt those hard to assemble will cost differently than those easier to assemble figures if manually/ semi-manually done

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Really ???? Bad choice really bad choice...
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Found a post from Brian on FB saying vac metal chips and wonít hold the paint detail.

Iím still buying all these but you would think they would get the word out better. The communication issue with Super7 is absolutely $#!++•. Iím getting increasingly tired of finding things out randomly.

Heroic Warrior
    Well then probably should of said that pre preorder don’t you think

So once again, we have a bait and switch with figure deco. This seems to happen every time Super 7 has a round of preorders! I was on the fence about getting He-Ro & Eldor anyway because they're not the most exciting characters to me, but the sudden lack of vac metal (after it had been promised repeatedly) and the extra $5 added onto the cost for no apparent reason is the last straw for me. I won't be getting these. Like many others, I wish Funko was making these. They'd have some retail presence, have better QC, and cost half as much.
    On the bright side, the Classics Karg I ordered from BBTS should be arriving by the end of the month, so I've still got that to look forward to.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the way the figures look. It bugs me that the paint is wrong on Teela's outfit. She had a white bottom to the suit, not gold cuffed. Also the open hand looks flimsy and the original ladies had closed hands to grip the weapons/magic items. I think the sword could have been modified to fit the old body hand instead.
    Good trades with: Cammor

From Super7:

Hey MOTU MANIACS! Just a quick Eternian update from you friends at Super7:

The pre-sale for the Masters of the Universe Vintage Collection Wave 2 Figures, originally scheduled to end today, has been extended to Monday, October 1st.

Our team has been hard at work on making these figures the very best they can be, and have made some improvements since this pre-order started, most notably to the Powers of Grayskull collection!

The original prototype for He-Ro featured a vac-metal gold torso and boots. Early Super7 prototypes featured a metallic gold paint, rather than the vac-metal finish. Fans voiced their concern and we listened!

The Super7 He-Ro figure will officially come with vac-metal torso and boots, just like it was intended. Additionally, both He-Ro and Eldor will now be packaged with a mini-comic style booklet featuring concept artwork and history of the development of the characters.

We will post photos of the updated vac-metal He-Ro later this week.

The Beast Man, Man-At-Arms, Robot He-Man, and Teela 5.5" Figures will come with the previously announced cartoon-accurate accessories and features.

Grab all of them now from Super7!

Please note this is not a limited edition release but pre-orders will receive the figures as soon as they arrive from the factory. If you have already placed a pre-order for these there is no need to contact us. Nothing about your order will change.

Thanks,
    Team Super7
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

This is great news! I hope they will also take a look at their Filmation Beast Man and alter the colors to match the source material:

MOTU + Heavy Metal = Awesome! However, MOTU + Vac - Metal = Totally awesome dude!

Great news. I was going to buy them anyway as it was not a deal breaker for me personally but its great to see them doing their best for the fans.

Heroic Warrior
    Happy to see this is happening - if the hologram sticker was done, these would be perfect

Great news! I’m glad Super7 is listening to the MOTU fan base opinions

I ordered mine. Now do i open them or leave them MOC

Hmmmm. I've been a supporter of Super7 till now. Now I'm feeling a bit wary. Saying all along they were doing vac-metal, then at the last moment saying they couldn't (no announcement either, just at a panel at PowerCon, letting it spread via word-of-mouth), now only a couple weeks later, after the fans voiced their opinions, they can do it, no problems, all of a sudden with no increase of cost....

This, after Stridor was shown with the wrong helmet, then at pre-order time a helmet is quickly added in (photoshopped too).

I feel that Super7 were either trying to skimp on the vac-metal, or like to create a problem and then come to the rescue with a "we listened to the fans" solution.

I don't want to think this way but it seems to be a recurring problem. Would like to hear others opinins on this or better yet, answers as to why all the sudden flip-flopping on the vac-metal.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinghsss456 View Post
    I ordered mine. Now do i open them or leave them MOC
    Buy 2 of each?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
    Hmmmm. I've been a supporter of Super7 till now. Now I'm feeling a bit wary. Saying all along they were doing vac-metal, then at the last moment saying they couldn't (no announcement either, just at a panel at PowerCon, letting it spread via word-of-mouth), now only a couple weeks later, after the fans voiced their opinions, they can do it, no problems, all of a sudden with no increase of cost....

This, after Stridor was shown with the wrong helmet, then at pre-order time a helmet is quickly added in (photoshopped too).

I feel that Super7 were either trying to skimp on the vac-metal, or like to create a problem and then come to the rescue with a "we listened to the fans" solution.

I don't want to think this way but it seems to be a recurring problem. Would like to hear others opinins on this or better yet, answers as to why all the sudden flip-flopping on the vac-metal.
    I found the whole thing odd myself. I get the feeling pre-orders for those figures were well below expectations. Apparently vac-metal technology improved greatly in the last 2 weeks lol. Hopefully the switch back doesn’t prove to be disastrous. I want good vac-metal not cheap barely passable vac-metal. Also interesting that they heard the fans about the vac-metal situation but are strangely (mostly) deaf when it comes to addressing the poor QC issues with the Epic Battles packs as well as replying to emails.