Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 Wave Two 5.5” - Teela, Man-At-Arms, Beast Man, Robot He-Man, Eldor, He-Ro

Heroic Warrior
    are these figures already available for preorder ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphonse View Post
    are these figures already available for preorder ?
    https://preorder.super7store.com/col...rent-pre-order

Widget
    These have really sparked my interest in MOTU again. I remember playing with the Mattel figures as a child and always wishing they looked more like the cartoon I was so in love with. I'm all in on these. I just hope they wait for Toy Fair next year to announce the preorders for the next wave. I order 2 of each for opening and display, so my wallet is already strained.

On a side note, am I the only one hoping they make a slight exception for Faker and make him orange/blue instead of just He-Man with white eyes? First world concerns :-).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

So only open until 9/17 to pre-order but pay for them and we’ll ship them In March ?!?!?! I like them but the single carded wave one hasn’t even been released yet.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Spikor1982 View Post
    So only open until 9/17 to pre-order but pay for them and we’ll ship them In March ?!?!?! I like them but the single carded wave one hasn’t even been released yet.
    Brian has said these will be available for all. The pre-orders are only for those of us who like to have a guaranteed hold on stuff.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

2x Eldor
    2x He-Ro
    1x Beast Man
    "Peanut nostrils, happy clams."
    -Michael J. Nelson

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikor1982 View Post
    They will be available in other places too. Big Bad Toy Store has Wave 1 for retail. You can pre-order them there and they charge when they ship them to you, in March. You just have to wait for BBTS to get them in from Super 7. Shipping tends to be cheaper from them too.

That's right as wave 1 will be available on their site too when they are released. Have wave 1 coming from S7, but think I'll grab wave 2 from bbts like the rest of the more recent stuff. Not crazy about spending all this money now and not getting stuff for many months. Expectations have become high in the collecting industry.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    Brian has said these will be available for all. The pre-orders are only for those of us who like to have a guaranteed hold on stuff.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

I hope the final Beast Man has bright red armor, boots, etc. instead of the maroon in those pics.
    SKELETORTILLA...It's taco night at Snake Mountain!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    I hope the final Beast Man has bright red armor, boots, etc. instead of the maroon in those pics.
    Yes, the colors seem way off. Should look more like the Club Grayskull version, color-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Colors are one thing, but why does he wear a balloon thing around his neck?

I really think these look cool, and would love to get them, but every video I have seen reviewing the Epic Battles 2 Packs, or any review I've read about them, has seemed like a horror story.

The legs are always popping off, as they are held on by such a small, thin piece of plastic. The paint rubs off very easily, She-Ras red cape stains her white attire, there are dents and pits in the plastic on the arms and legs, and then there are a lot of bad paint apps.

They look so cool in promo pics, but after all these bad reviews, and being $20 each, I just don't feel like they are worth it. Did anyone on here get the Epic Battles 2 packs, open them, and not have any issues?

Also, has anyone heard if Super 7 is aware of all the problems and issues, and if they said they would improve the quality come the single card releases of wave 1?

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer82 View Post
    I really think these look cool, and would love to get them, but every video I have seen reviewing the Epic Battles 2 Packs, or any review I've read about them, has seemed like a horror story.

The legs are always popping off, as they are held on by such a small, thin piece of plastic. The paint rubs off very easily, She-Ras red cape stains her white attire, there are dents and pits in the plastic on the arms and legs, and then there are a lot of bad paint apps.

They look so cool in promo pics, but after all these bad reviews, and being $20 each, I just don't feel like they are worth it. Did anyone on here get the Epic Battles 2 packs, open them, and not have any issues?

Also, has anyone heard if Super 7 is aware of all the problems and issues, and if they said they would improve the quality come the single card releases of wave 1?
    I realize that Classics were intended for adult collectors, and I guess I expected them to be pretty fragile. But I really want these to be as durable as the old vintage toys. The ones I have still look great and are in good shape. I would really hope that they can re-create 1980s technology - heck, I'd even take the leg bands back.

I really wanted these to be durable like the vintage 80's toys as well. But these don't seem to be. I can't believe how often the legs are breaking on the Super 7 vintage figures. I really wanted to get these, especially Eldor and He-Ro to go with my vintage 80's collection. Plus with all these Funko Savage World figures, I really wanted to get these. But for what Super 7 is charging, and all the QC issues, I don't feel like I can jump in.

The $20-$25 price point wouldn't bother me at all, if there wren't so many paint, plastic, and breakage issues.

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Super7 said on their FB Page the leg issue has been addressed so there’s that. We’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiEternia He-Man View Post
    Super7 said on their FB Page the leg issue has been addressed so there’s that. We’ll see.
    That's good to hear. I hope they do get it all taken care of. These are so cool, so I hope Super 7 can deliver a good product so they can keep making these. Hopefully the single carded wave 1 figures will be up to par. A paint app issue here in there is not nearly as a big of a deal as the freakin' legs falling off lol. So if they can get that taken care of, I'm in.

I love these new 5.75" vintage filmation styled figues. Have not opened my two packs (keeping them sealed forever) but will definitely open the single packs of each figure. Wave two looks amazing, March 2019 cant get here soon enough, heck wave one cant get here soon enough LOL

Heroic Warrior
    Pre-ordered the whole lot. But man, the robot he-man smells like "saving money on new tooling", if you know what I mean. Should have been Mer-man or Trap-Jaw...

Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    Pre-ordered the whole lot. But man, the robot he-man smells like "saving money on new tooling", if you know what I mean. Should have been Mer-man or Trap-Jaw...
    I have the same feeling, Faker (blue with normal He-Man's head) would have been a better choice...
    Last edited by TOKYONEVER; August 31, 2018 at 01:30pm.

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    Agree completely but this is MOTU we’re talking about. Not exactly unprecedented. Saving money on new tooling is a feature of the line, ha ha.

I pre-ordered mine yesterday.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Court Magician
    I po both sets sop far at bbts for collectors grade for 2.00 more per figure. Shipping is cheaper there so its the same as ordering from S7 except the difference is I'm guaranteed to get collectors grade cards and safer packaging. I hope S7 will make the vintage art box vehicles in the future for this vintage line.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by themodrenman View Post
    They will be available in other places too. Big Bad Toy Store has Wave 1 for retail. You can pre-order them there and they charge when they ship them to you, in March. You just have to wait for BBTS to get them in from Super 7. Shipping tends to be cheaper from them too.
    Exactly how I ordered them. So glad to finally have He-Ro and Eldor, and I have to admit I think the Robot He-Man is one of the best variants of the big guy ever. Straight out of the show.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Adamant View Post
    Is He-Ro no longer going to be vac metalized?
    Unfortunately, not. They announced that at power con
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot