Thread: Pixel Dan has an in-depth interview with Brian Flynn from Super7 - April 17, 2020

Pixel Dan has an in-depth interview with Brian Flynn from Super7 - April 17, 2020

Pixel Dan catches up with Brian Flynn in this exclusive video chat to get the latest inside information from Super7! ThunderCats, TMNT Ultimates, Snake Mountain and the future of Masters of the Universe, ReAction, and much more are discussed!

Click here to watch:
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Absolutely loved this.

Looking forward to them doing it again in May.

Heroic Warrior
    I just learned from one of Pixel Dan's recent Videos displaying his MOTUC collection that he was a pro wrestler on the independent scene. Does anyone know what name he wrestled under?

Bring back Classics! The All American's Avatar
    This was a great interview. What blew my mind is around 33:00 about the lost drawings Brian attained from the vintage line - unreleased giants, vehicles, interpretations of Castle Grayskull with Eldor, more dinosaurs, 5 1/2 inch sketches for '87 movie troopers!

These need to see the light of day. Dear Mattel, please let Super7 show these off

Super7 needs to make Ultimate Blackstar figures !
    Danielsan52

Most wanted Classics figures:
    Stretch Neck, Vypor, Sharella, Secret Liquid of Life Teela, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Princess Rana, Golden Rod/Aramesh, RoboWoman, Prince Dakon, Shezar, NA Sorceress, Ultimate Goddess, Lt. Andra

Excellent interview! Looking forward to the next one..
    @thunderpunchheman :Instagram https://www.instagram.com/thunderpunchheman/
    @thunderpunchU : Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    I just learned from one of Pixel Dan's recent Videos displaying his MOTUC collection that he was a pro wrestler on the independent scene. Does anyone know what name he wrestled under?
    The Spotlight Spencer Powers
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Super7 needs to make Ultimate Blackstar figures !
    AMEN!!! That would be an instant ALL IN for me!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    The Spotlight Spencer Powers
    Dan trying to look intimidating may be the best thing I've seen all week.

Sounds like Brian is ready to act as soon as Mattel gives the green light. Maybe a couple of years but he doesn’t sound done with motu at all.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Sounds like Brian is ready to act as soon as Mattel gives the green light. Maybe a couple of years but he doesn’t sound done with motu at all.
    Yes, hopefully they get the greenlight again soon. Though, I hope they still focus on requested Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull figures over the concept stuff that Brian sounded more interested in doing. Not that I wouldn't be interested in getting that stuff eventually, but there is still a large backlog of existing characters that we already know that I'd rather get to first.

Perhaps the unseen concept stuff could be sprinkled in, or even be a third branch of the Classics family that would have its own dedicated waves.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I have the same impression.
    Maybe that is why I'm a fan of Brian and Super7, they are committed to MOTU and (obviously Thundercats).

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Saved it to watch later!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

I'm very curious as to what some of the One-Offs and other planned properties could be.

As always, I'm interested in Crystar, Blackstar, Bravestarr, Dungeons & Dragons, John Carter of Mars, and numerous others.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; April 19, 2020 at 08:04pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Dan trying to look intimidating may be the best thing I've seen all week.
    Oh man, everyone needs to look him up wrestling. He's playing a heel, far as I can tell, and it's just the best thing. You can tell how much fun he's having.

Brian speculates in this video that once Origins finds its footing that S7 may be able to work in a spot that Mattel has no interest in covering. It would great if they could get permission to continue Classics but use New Adventures characters only as that is an area Mattel will likely have no interest in.
    UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    MOTUC He-Ro Staff with green gem
    Keshi Mantenna in red

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Brian speculates in this video that once Origins finds its footing that S7 may be able to work in a spot that Mattel has no interest in covering. It would great if they could get permission to continue Classics but use New Adventures characters only as that is an area Mattel will likely have no interest in.
    Well they could make a solid argument to keep releasing obscure, hardcore fan-demanded characters under both the Classics and Club Greyskull banners that Mattel have no interest in covering in Origins. I don't see why that would be an issue.

Look at the hiatus for thundercats, classics went 10 years, a good chunk of collectors will wait for its return. Maybe this could even build up excitement for its return and bring some old collectors back.

And yes, Brian is an awesome guy whom gets “it”.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

From a marketing prospective makes sense on Mattel part to keep on hiatus the Motuc line for giving Orings a chance, but it hurts the wait ,

you know Classics may have been a tiny tiny line but its' always been talked and still is debated nowadays all over the internet, in social media groups, reviewed by many dedicated web sites, I mean it's just not an obscure internet toy line.
    Classic still it's a famous at least among toy experts- gurus and collectors, so make sense it needs to stop talking about it if they want all the major hype for a new line that is supposedly more risky financially speaking also because hitting retail after many years since 200x ended.
    Last edited by Triklops 1; April 27, 2020 at 06:01pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't hear Pixel Dan ask about the mouth moving on Snake Mountain. I know that S7 pre-sold it stating the mouth would move, but all the samples didn't look like there was any possible movement. Was this ever questioned or addressed?
    I might have missed it if it was addressed some where else.
    Last edited by Powersword123; April 27, 2020 at 04:16pm.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    It would be great if S7 could continue with Classics, even if it was just a single wave of 4 per year, just to keep it going. I get the impression that Mattel feelS that if Classics is still going that it will severely cripple sales of it’s Origin line, though honestly it doesn’t seem that the two lines attract the same collectors.

Regarding the video, the more I see that box teased the more excited I get for Snake Mountain to arrive. It that day will be bitter sweet. I had the 1978 Kenner Death Star, and the Falcon, in 81 I had the Star Destroyer and Dagobah, 82 I had Grayskull, in 83 the GI Joe HQ, then Snake Mountain was under the tree for my little brother and in 85 The Battle Platform, in 86 the Terror Drome amd Boulder Hill. With the exception of Eternia, The USD Flagg, and the Sectaurs Hive we had every major toy line playset. I got the Classics Grayskull and the Sail barge, but nothing will hold a candle to the scale of the new Snake Mountain. The sad part is after it arrives, what will we have to look forward to?
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; April 27, 2020 at 08:02pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    It would be great if S7 could continue with Classics, even if it was just a single wave of 4 per year, just to keep it going. I get the impression that Mattel feelS that if Classics is still going that it will severely cripple sales of it’s Origin line, though honestly it doesn’t seem that the two lines attract the same collectors.

Regarding the video, the more I see that box teased the more excited I get for Snake Mountain to arrive. It that day will be bitter sweet. I had the 1978 Kenner Death Star, and the Falcon, in 81 I had the Star Destroyer and Dagobah, 82 I had Grayskull, in 83 the GI Joe HQ, then Snake Mountain was under the tree for my little brother and in 85 The Battle Platform, in 86 the Terror Drome amd Boulder Hill. With the exception of Eternia, The USD Flagg, and the Sectaurs Hive we had every major toy line playset. I got the Classics Grayskull and the Sail barge, but nothing will hold a candle to the scale of the new Snake Mountain. The sad part is after it arrives, what will we have to look forward to?
    There's the two new cartoons, the movie, and POP season 5. Also, Origins weapons, armor, and heads work on Classics bodies, so I assume any cartoon and/or movie line will be the same. Also, the minis line is coming back (with cute little blind boxes shaped like Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain).

Additionally, there's a whole new series of minicomics, the final issue of Masters of the Multiverse is coming up, and I'm willing to bet we'll see more comics in the future. So there isn't a MOTU drought by any stretch of the imagination.

Maybe continue with the vintage line since it is a little different than Origins...maybe?

Got an email from entertainment earth showing new release date for snake mountain is now October 2020.
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Updated January 2017 Click here!