Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you pay more for better quality from Super7?

Would you pay more for better quality from Super7?

I just heard about the no vac metal on He-Ro, this is very disappointing, it seems between Eldor's lack of Holograms and now this news we are paying for lack luster figures with no bells or whistles, if Super7 rased the price by another five to ten dollars and gave us near perfect replicas of the original figures would you pay? Also if these figures are not going to be accurate to the originals should we be getting vintage style versions of He-Ro's sword and Eldor's staff included with these figures?

Heroic Warrior
    No, to the vintage style Classics weapons, yes to the vac metal and lenticular pages. My fear is that the vendor can't perform the process convincingly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    No. Iíd pay less at another vendor for the same.

Heck no. They would raise prices and still not get it right. Then we would end up paying even more for something that still isn't what we were promised. No thank you. Wow that kind of sounds like the present day, huh?

No, because we already have to pay more for the Classics figures and as result each figure has an issue....

Heroic Warrior
    No. The price for what we are getting from them is already pushing the limits as far as I’m concerned.

No. They are already expensive as it is

absolutely NOT.. i have/had zero issues with Super 7s toys or their quality..
    Halloween is not just a holiday.. its a way of life!

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Nope. I've been a completist thus far, but am thisclose to becoming a cherry picker due to price, design, character selection, and quality. I think they need to produce fewer things and get the items they produce to be of better quality. I am concerned that I've got so much money tied up in pre-orders that will not materialize for a long time, and for a small company, they seem to have their fingers in a lot of product pots. I'm sufficiently concerned about it that I'll only be pre-ordering from BBTS from now on.

Heroic Warrior
    I thought thatís why we were already paying more? I think Iím going through bbts also I hate all the chotchkies super 7 makes way too much junk I would prefer more focus on classics, I havenít bought a single other thing from them ( classics, club grayskull, epic battles packs) no reaction or any other stuff well one trash can of muscle which is plenty for me 20 bucks I was like no more for me

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    No, to the vintage style Classics weapons, yes to the vac metal and lenticular pages. My fear is that the vendor can't perform the process convincingly.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Heck no. They would raise prices and still not get it right. Then we would end up paying even more for something that still isn't what we were promised. No thank you. Wow that kind of sounds like the present day, huh?
    I absolutely agree. Even if they had a bigger budget and wanted to make the figures better, they have no track record of being able to do so. So there is no way I would pay a premium on something that will never exist. Now, if they could prove me wrong and I could pay for the final product AFTER it has been reviewed and PROVEN to be a higher quality, that is another matter than a blind pre-order. I have my doubts if they could ever actually accomplish anything even close to a higher end quality/feeling product like Mythic legions or Storm Collectibles.

Court Magician
    I'm not happy about paying more for eldor and he-ro at 25.00 each.

Absolutely not. They need to get the QC under control and figure out how to do so within the price point they've set on these things.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Right now, I don't give them ANY money anymore until they've proven that their quality is worth the investment.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Iím mostly happy with the quality, aside from a few obvious exceptions (Hawke).

Heroic Warrior
    How is everyone's Hurricane Hordak holding up?

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I started collecting the posts that I agreed with for the purposes of quoting in my response--but then I quickly realized that more of us than not seem to be on the same page:

At this point, they've burned through any faith or good credit I was previously willing to expend. If they want more money, then they need to up their QC and communications games. Oh, and they need to start treating the female characters with the same respect they treat the male characters.
    Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Facebook

To the Powers that Be: Give me a proper King Miro figure, please!!

I feel they are continually improving, and after hearing them at Power-Con, I do feel that they genuinely making efforts to evolve.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Never had any QC issues with Super7. I've had an incidence or two when items I purchased weren't shipped as safe as they could have been and suffered some damage during transit, however.

Either way, no reason to raise prices.

I like the directions Super7 is going with MOTU.

More, No!

Not paying more, too many issues to resolve first. Super7 will not even respond to customer service communications. Tried contacting them multiple ways . . . and no response after months.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Dylamug, Hunga the Harpy, Admiral Scurvy, Skytree and Songster.

I would only pay more for more enhancements (extra hands, extra faces, extra articulation points). I haven't had any major QC issues. Any problems I have with Super 7 come mostly from the design choices it has made. I feel like Super 7 should put more resources into the female figures (the faces, the articulation, the engineering after the prototype phase). The female sculpts look great, but the production ends up looking low rent and junky.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    Super7 will not even respond to customer service communications. Tried contacting them multiple ways . . . and no response after months.
    Same thing for me

No Vac metal? What junk. Why even bother making them if you aren't going to do the original plan complete justice.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    How is everyone's Hurricane Hordak holding up?
    Mine is still fine.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    We are already paying more for way less quality figures. So no way homay..