Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you pay more for better quality from Super7?

Heroic Warrior
    I think the quality is okay. I'd like to see more paint details though.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    I want a better social media presence and them to admit to their mistakes and just be honest.

Heroic Warrior
    What mistakes? Please give me some examples

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    1. The leg issue on the Epic Battles two packs.
    2. He-Ro and Eldor not having vac metal and holograms. No official confirmation, which a facebook post could easily rectify.
    3. Not responding in a timely manner/being impossible to contact when issues do arise.

As someone who constantly upgrades their 1/6th scale SideShow figures for newer Hot Toys figures I can testify that I would certainly pay more for higher quality. I’d love to see S7start using the factory that 4H uses for their ML line.

With pictures it is better.
    Here are some problems I meet personally with Hordak and She-Ra with an Epic Battle Pack that I opened.
    I have more than one Epic Battle pack of them, it is easy for me to compare between a production to an other, most of them have similar or the same problems.

As you can see many problems about how the paint is applied here and there.
    You can also see many marks on the black parts (I never played with, he is fresh from package)

Here a problem again with the Hordak's bow: the material use is not the good one, result: when you want to propel the front part as on the vintage models it is just not working.

On the two pictures below, I meet a new problem, I tried only two times to put the canon accessory on the right arm and I just ruined the bracelet painting... cause the canon part is made with a hard plastic and when you need to put the canon you have to force a lot... a softer plastic should have been used to prevent this...

Now about She-Ra: legs are totally looses and it is extremely complicated to make it stand up + you can see that on my model the crotch is not even properly glued + I have white paint residues.
    Last edited by TOKYONEVER; September 16, 2018 at 12:24pm.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    omg .......................
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I appreciate S7's love of the property, and all their dedication. I truly like Brian Flynn. But IMO, MOTU is just too complicated for them.

I'm not saying that I want them to stop, and I'm not saying I have any solutions. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Me?? I have a limit to how much I can spend. I cannot plunk down 40 to 50 dollars for a 5" or 6" toy.

I mean...would there be some kind of guarantee?? How would they be able to do this? Use a different, 'better' factory?
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; September 16, 2018 at 05:04pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: I appreciate S7's love of the property, and all their dedication. I truly like Brian Flynn. But IMO, MOTU is just too complicated for them.

I'm not saying that I want them to stop, and I'm not saying I have any solutions. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Me?? I have a limit to how much I can spend. I cannot plunk down 40 to 50 dollars for a 5" or 6" toy.

I mean...would there be some kind of guarantee?? How would they be able to do this? Use a different, 'better' factory?
    I think that would be the only way to improve things and hence what would incur the additional cost. 4H’s Mythic Legions come out pretty close to prototype with rare exception. I’m much happier with which ever factory 4H uses as far as consistency and quality in addition to capturing the look of the proto. That would be my vote.

Heroic Warrior
    There's a lot of factories that can do better. Super 7 is using the one they do for cost reasons. But they clearly can not handle this type of action figure properly. The quality just hasn't been there.

Heroic Warrior
    Truly cheap work

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    With pictures it is better.
    Here are some problems I meet personally with Hordak and She-Ra with an Epic Battle Pack that I opened.
    I have more than one Epic Battle pack of them, it is easy for me to compare between a production to an other, most of them have similar or the same problems.

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/ebay/hord1.jpg

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/ebay/hord2.jpg

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/ebay/hord3.jpg

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/ebay/hord4.jpg

As you can see many problems about how the paint is applied here and there.
    You can also see many marks on the black parts (I never played with, he is fresh from package)

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/ebay/hord5.jpg

Here a problem again with the Hordak's bow: the material use is not the good one, result: when you want to propel the front part as on the vintage models it is just not working.

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/ebay/hord6.jpg

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/ebay/hord7.jpg

On the two pictures below, I meet a new problem, I tried only two times to put the canon accessory on the right arm and I just ruined the bracelet painting... cause the canon part is made with a hard plastic and when you need to put the canon you have to force a lot... a softer plastic should have been used to prevent this...

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/ebay/hord8.jpg

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/ebay/hord9.jpg

Now about She-Ra: legs are totally looses and it is extremely complicated to make it stand up + you can see that on my model the crotch is not even properly glued + I have white paint residues.
    Can't you send it back?

Can't you send it back?
    Nope :/
    I sent emails at Super7 to find a solution, they are ignoring all my messages.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Nope :/
    I sent emails at Super7 to find a solution, they are ignoring all my messages.
    Did you try calling them? I had no success with emails either but I called them on the phone and finally had my problem resolved. My situation was a refund for unshipped items not a return though. Keep in mind it took a few phone calls throughout the week before someone actually answered and took care of me. I called around 3:45PM EST on a Wednesday last time. If you go this route feel free to let them know that other potential buyers are keeping an eye on your situation and how it turns out. Multiple peopleís post like yours about the poor QC are part of what led me to cancel my orders through them. The number is *(415) 227-4701‬. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    Did you try calling them? I had no success with emails either but I called them on the phone and finally had my problem resolved. My situation was a refund for unshipped items not a return though. Keep in mind it took a few phone calls throughout the week before someone actually answered and took care of me. I called around 3:45PM EST on a Wednesday last time. If you go this route feel free to let them know that other potential buyers are keeping an eye on your situation and how it turns out. Multiple people’s post like yours about the poor QC are part of what led me to cancel my orders through them. The number is *(415) 227-4701‬. Good luck.
    I'll try thanks, I am located in France, not an easy thing.
    I also got some packs damaged, they have to find a way to sent them without any damage as they are collector items.

Heroic Warrior
    I'll pay more for mattel to take control again.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post

100% Agree with this statement! S7 needs to stick to ReAction figures. Nothing else, they canít handle it. Stick with what you are good at and leave the quality to bigger companies. #MOTUMattel

No, I wouldn't pay any more money. The only reason I pay what I do pay is because of my love for MOTU. These figures should be $15 at the most (not including tax). Not because I think they're not quality figures because for the most part, they're made really well. It's just that they're 7 inches of well sculpted plastic, that's why. They were way more than they should have been when they were with Mattel and they were even a little cheaper back then. These things are just super expensive but they keep going up in price, too. Don't get me started on the secondary market. I'm not going to judge about the quality too much because I don't truly know what Super 7 has to deal with in terms of getting these figures right. Some of the complaints, while I understand the reason for them, at the same time, doesn't bother me as much unless it's something that really changes the figure like a problem with something on the face. I know it's a large arduous process and although they take a long time to get us the figures, I'd rather them take longer and get them right then just give us lesser versions of what they should be. I just got my Wave 2 Club Grayskull figures and I'm happy with them...for the most part. But to stick to this question, I wouldn't pay more money.

No, Quality should already be there why would we pay more for something that should already be there.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Heroic Warrior
    After reading all this, I am glad I quit collecting after Mattel gave the license to Super 7. I would be furious if I had paid that much money for this kind of quality.
    Last edited by Melfis; September 26, 2018 at 02:02pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    No, Quality should already be there why would we pay more for something that should already be there.
    THANK YOU! The first time is the only time to impress.

Heroic Warrior
    No way josie

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    I think we already have answer to your question
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post

If Mattel would release MOTU stuff again, that would be the best. Their quality matches their prices.
    Unfortunately I can't say the same for super7.

To answer the topic's question: no I would not. I even believe Super7 is already charging slightly too much considering the quality the toys have.
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    If Mattel would release MOTU stuff again, that would be the best. Their quality matches their prices.
    Unfortunately I can't say the same for super7.

To answer the topic's question: no I would not. I even believe Super7 is already charging slightly too much considering the quality the toys have.
    I think it boils down to the size of the runs and the lack of child impulse purchases as a factor.

You need big runs to get the cost of figures way down and then you need child safety testing (which increases costs back up a bit) to get the sturdiness factor of retail releases.

These are short run figures. They cost more per unit to produce. Mattel likely isnít producing them at the moment because they donít expect enough demand to get the unit cost low enough.

Then you have expertise. Super7 is likely a dozen people likely making below industry standard salaries. Theyíre fans trying to figure out how to make products that arenít seen as commercially viable.

Even Funko is limited in terms of their access to material engineers and testing. And has limited success getting anything stocked in the toy aisle.

Playmates and Hasbro are the only ones currently making vintage-adjacent figures and getting them into retail at all major retailers and targeted at kids.

Iím sure Playmates could make outstanding neo-vintage MOTU figures at a sub $12 pricepoint but they donít have the license and may lack the manpower to do that in addition to TMNT.

Mattels ship has basically sunk. So sad too. It's like they don't even know what they're doing over there. I just found out that they didn't even replace Scott when he left. Literally no one took over for his position and that's when things got sent over to Super 7. Why would you not replace him? I get no one would do what he did to the scale that he did it but they never even replaced his position which means the marketing and leg work went to someone else who probably already had a lot on their plate. Online sales are a hard business and it leaves so many things to go wrong. They should just put these back in stores but apparently the cost is not there. I don't know...Hasbro finds a way to do it.