Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Would you pay more for better quality from Super7?

Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    Those are awesome and too expensive too. At least in wave 2 most of them aren't blind boxed. The days of collecting action figures for a reasonable price, like they used to be, are long gone.
    Thatís true. However, there are several Facebook groups and many members are willing to part with common doubles at reasonable ($8 or so) prices such that you could round out your collection fairly inexpensively. Itís the rare ones that become a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Yeah...I've been tempted a number of times (and did pick up a Series 1 He-Man a while back), but I'm not really up for paying a grand for one of the chases. I'll stick with Super7 7in. or ReAction for now.

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    That’s true. However, there are several Facebook groups and many members are willing to part with common doubles at reasonable ($8 or so) prices such that you could round out your collection fairly inexpensively. It’s the rare ones that become a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    See, I'd pay $8 for them all day long. That price is closer to what they should be in the stores.

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    To answer the OP's question, no I would not pay more for higher quality. Super7 cannot entirely be held responsible for the quality of the figures that the factory produces. If Super7 were to charge more I don't think it would improve the quality all that much if at all. Where Super7 can be held totally responsible is with their choice of factories. All these problems stem from the factory they choose to use. The factory is either a sub par factory that is not equipped to handle MOTUC production or they purposefully cut corners because they want to make as much profit from their deal with S7 as possible or something else. Either way that decision is on Super7 and raising the prices will not fix the issues. Just because you throw money at a problem doesn't mean you can ALWAYS fix it!
    Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    Those are awesome and too expensive too. At least in wave 2 most of them aren't blind boxed. The days of collecting action figures for a reasonable price, like they used to be, are long gone.
    Very true, specially if you are an oversea collector like myself. I'm amazed that some new figures are far more expensive than the original vintage ones, even in mint conditions. Everything coming from Japan has increased a regular price point from $30-50 to $60-100. Regular figures with a base price tag of $20 has increased to $25-30.

And yes, I agree that also most of new figures are lacking endurance quality (could it be done on porpuse?) as many vintage figures used to have.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    No. The price for what we are getting from them is already pushing the limits as far as Iím concerned.
    This. For the prices they're at they should have much better QC than they do, coupled with no broken promises. They're still doing what they did with Ultimates- hiring a factory, offering little to no supervision, then expecting the fans to take it with a smile when things fall far short of stated goals while pretending they're in no way at fault. They more or less get away with this because they know the product is going to sell regardless so S7 has little incentive to put in any effort. I'm quite fearful Snake Mountain is going to be a horrible mess when the final product ships.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thexxwatcherxx View Post
    Where Super7 can be held totally responsible is with their choice of factories. All these problems stem from the factory they choose to use.
    I 100% disagree, they're the ones producing these toys and fronting the money(or rather YOU front the money with the preorder program), they have a full responsibility to monitor the factory and make sure they do their job. So far they haven't. They pick some random factory and await a final product, then shrug when things go wrong and serve it to you anyway. It's the responsibility of every toy company to monitor their factories and make sure the job is done right- unfortunately most do not which is why things like lead paint sometimes happen but with S7 it seems to happen far too often with the company really not caring when things go wrong, if they even look into how each factory works or their reputation in advance. Why should they? You'll still buy it regardless so they have no incentive to put in the effort. It's been the case with every QC-riddled wave and broken promise. Their prices are higher than Mattel and breakages are more common with things like resealable packaging vanishing and no one at the top worrying.

Heroic Warrior
    Big brands like to rebrand toys, so I'm thinking a smart move for mattel would be to rebrand the motuc buck for the movie to cut cost. I'd rather buy cheaper mattel quality figures for 20 like the dark knight rises figures than what we get from s7. I'll be ok with hard plastic thighs.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk