Thread: Why Hasn't Anyone Ever Produced a Metal "Warrior's Ring"?

Why Hasn't Anyone Ever Produced a Metal "Warrior's Ring"?

I was thinking about this the other night; noticed my Warrior's Rings on the shelf glowing as I turned off my office lights.

For those unfamiliar, the "Warrior's Ring" was the glow in the dark ring that came with Trap Jaw and Tri Klops.

I'd love to have a metal/pewter/whatever Warrior's Ring to wear. Losing the glow in the dark feature would be a small price to pay!

Why has there never been a metal one produced? Maybe there has been one and I just cannot find it.

That a nice idea. Quick analysis, the open mechanism might bit more difficult in making them.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Because there is no such thing as glow in the dark metal. Ha.

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    ...not one that you want to wear on your finger, anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

He-Man historian
    I think there was some customizer who did make rings. I seem to recall John F Carroll had a ring at one point.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Thanks for the responses, folks!

Yeah, like I wrote in the original post, I just like the design of the Warrior's Ring.

You can get rid of the glow in the dark and the hinged opening; I'd just like to buy a metal replica of the original ring. Love that design!

Maybe someone out there will get the urge and make one. I'd buy it!

Seems like something Han Cholo may be interested in doing - they make Metal MOTU themed rings.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Seems like something Han Cholo may be interested in doing - they make Metal MOTU themed rings.
    Yeah! It does seem like it would be something he would produce.

Well, if he did make a "Warrior's Ring," he would sell at least one of them...to me!

Wow, two years later and still nothing produced. Or has there been? If you know of any other production of the Tri-Klops/ Trap Jaw Warrior Ring, please let me know! Thanks.

Mega Construx sand demon Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    We've all been patiently waiting for you to start up a project for this on Kickstarter or Patreon or somewhere. You don't have to explain what you've been doing for the last two years -- the important thing is that when you're ready to share the link here, those of us who want to also get one of these rings of which you speak can contribute to your project and help you get it made.
    I'd like to thank Mega Construx for selecting me to be a sponsored builder! More MOTU custom projects on the way!

My Mega Construx gallery

OK! As soon as you post a link to your Kickstarter or Patreon or whatever for a Mega Construx scale custom Eternia Playset, I'll post a link to my Warrior's Ring project! Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    We've all been patiently waiting for you to start up a project for this on Kickstarter or Patreon or somewhere. You don't have to explain what you've been doing for the last two years -- the important thing is that when you're ready to share the link here, those of us who want to also get one of these rings of which you speak can contribute to your project and help you get it made.

IÂ’d be down for that. I lost my Warriors Ring in the 80s. They might be able to do a glow in the dark paint on the ring, maybe. But IÂ’d love this.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Master of New Adventures!
    Zinc sulfide.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post

Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    The true answer is they did, but you b have to be a true warrior to even begin to know where to obtain one!
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dokto View Post
    I was thinking about this the other night; noticed my Warrior's Rings on the shelf glowing as I turned off my office lights.

For those unfamiliar, the "Warrior's Ring" was the glow in the dark ring that came with Trap Jaw and Tri Klops.

I'd love to have a metal/pewter/whatever Warrior's Ring to wear. Losing the glow in the dark feature would be a small price to pay!

Why has there never been a metal one produced? Maybe there has been one and I just cannot find it.
    Maybe suggest it to Han Cholo? They've made some nice MotU jewelry, and yet conspicuously the Warrior's Ring has always been missing from their lineup.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Widget
    If you want one, it's really just a matter of budget. Google "custom enamel signet ring" and you will find several shops capable of making a Warrior's Ring. Expect to spend a couple hundred bucks on it.

It might be a good project for a group buy. Making one of something is always more expensive than making a bunch of something.