Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Henry Cavill is out as Superman? whaaaaa

Henry Cavill is out as Superman? whaaaaa

his camp has not confirmed or denied THR article that he is indeed out. Even WB hasn't said yea or nea. WB responded but were not answering the question.

like many have said and i've said all along. i like Henry and he is superman, he just needs a good script and Director. i hope he is not gone, but if he is..

then who can replace him?
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Having Henry Cavill out, is kinda disappointing especially to someone who stick with DCEU no matter what like me.

Rumor to replace him is Michael B.Jordan, the guy who played Killmonger and human torch, imho is again kinda lack luster.

Hoping it is not true that Cavill is out.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I hope not; I quite like him in the role.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

WB have responded to this saying:
    "While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we've always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged."
    https://screenrant.com/henry-cavill-...ros-statement/

Looks like nothing has changed, they don't have anything set in stone for Superman in an upcoming film and this has just been blown out of proportion because he couldn't do the cameo as Superman in the Shazam film due to scheduling conflicts.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Rumor it is, I'm glad..... WB do another Superman film... have him cameo in Shazam....

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Having Henry Cavill out, is kinda disappointing especially to someone who stick with DCEU no matter what like me.

Rumor to replace him is Michael B.Jordan, the guy who played Killmonger and human torch, imho is again kinda lack luster.
    This blows my mind only because I felt like his acting was the weakest part of Black Panther.

I read (just a headline) somewhere that they're looking at going with a teen Supergirl movie rather than revisiting Superman.
    White knights of the internet only see flowers or dragons. Nothing in between.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    The DCEU has been a mess, and I honestly didn't think Cavill was all that great in the Superman role in Man of Steel or Batman V Superman.

But while Justice League as a whole had many issues, overall I actually enjoyed it more than either of those aforementioned films, and for the limited time he was in the movie (and despite the bad CGI removal of his mustache during the reshoots), when he was finally back to "normal" as Superman, it felt like they finally got the characterization right, and I was looking forward to seeing more of him in the role in future movies.

In that sense, I hope this is just a rumor.

As for the rumor of the casting of Michael B. Jordan, as it is I'm not entirely thrilled when races of well known characters are changed, but with Superman, it would be a disaster of a decision that would go over like sour milk poured over dog poop. It would only be a good idea if WB's goal actually is to drive away even more of the audience than they already have (given that Justice League was pretty much the worst performing DCEU movie so far, and was expected to be the most successful). Given what a mess the DCEU has been by and large (with the exception of Wonder Woman), if they did go forward with that recasting, I don't know if I personally would be that upset over it. If WB is going to keep doubling down on bad decisions, it will get to the point where I would just be entertained by watching the disaster unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    This blows my mind only because I felt like his acting was the weakest part of Black Panther.
    That is the exact SAME THING that I said! He was, imo, plain awful in that movie... one dimensional, flat, and not believable.

-Johnny C

Totally Dyslexic
    Mr Cavill looks fitted perfectly for the part but because of him we have a weird looking Superman thanks to his NOT mustache removal. And as a former musical show performer i know some contracts say you are not allowed to change your hair but if you do they don´t fire you. It was only a mustache which would have been grown back in two weeks anyway...

They´ll find another one who fits the part. There are so many actors who played Batman so far and there is even that guy who played Superman for the TV show who is rather skinny, had platform shoes and obvious leggings with inbuilt muscles underneath his costumes and people say he is great as Superman. Let him play Superman for the movies.

Or find another. A black or asian Superman would be weird at first but why not.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

michael b jordan as superman?

thats a def made up rumor
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I like Henry, and I thought he seemed more like the 'real' SUPERMAN in Justice League, but I didn't care for the sad, mopey, depressed Supes in the previous movies.

That said, I don't even care. Warner Bros doesn't know how to make a good SuperHero movie ( post Nolan Batman ) other than Wonder Woman. Who gives a crap what they do?? I mean....this is a company that's probably gonna release 2 or 3 Joker movies within the same year.

Just my opinion, of course.
    Odd Man Out

If true, this is unfortunate--His version of the character was finally starting to be more like what you expect to see in a Superman (See:JL).

Heroic Warrior
    Too bad about Cavill. I wish he had been in at least 2 more stand-along Superman films, and he could have been if the studios had handled this better:

I am a huge fan of Superman: Man of Steel (2013), which was the first Superman film starred in - it's my all-time favorite Superman film, my all time favorite interpretation of the character, and one of the top five best superhero films - ever. And, this is from a guy in his late 40's - who grew up with the Christopher Reeve films back in the day.

That being said, I hated the Superman/Batman film (the casting of Affleck as Batman was crap, as was the story), and hated the Justice League film as well - both were huge, steaming piles of s$%#. There is no reason the studio couldn't have made 2 additional stand-alone Superman films instead of those other two.

Again, very poorly handled. Cavill was wasted on the Batman/Superman & Justice League films.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Personally, Henry Cavill's portrayal of Superman was pretty lackluster despite the fact he definitely looks the part. However, I blame this more on Snyder's direction rather than Cavill's acting ability. And even though I think that starting the DCEU on the mediocre Man of Steel was a recipe for disaster (which Warner Bros. is reaping now in full force), I think the video below rationally and logically explains the current Henry Cavill/Superman situation:

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; September 23, 2018 at 05:50pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

It is somewhat uncertain if Henry is actually out or not. Some say one thing, some say another, and anyway, that's showbiz for you.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Personally, Henry Cavill's portrayal of Superman was pretty lackluster despite the fact he definitely looks the part. However, I blame this more on Snyder's direction rather than Cavill's acting ability. And even though I think that starting the DCEU on the mediocre Man of Steel was a recipe for disaster (which Warber Bros. is reaping now in full force), I think the video below rationally and logically explains the current Henry Cavill/Superman situation:
    I agree with you and what the video exposes. Cavill has the perfect look for this century Superman, but this MoS iteration was too serious and dark and even quite apathetic inevitably compared to Christopher Reeves. It seems that Whedon tried to change this with his JL reshoots (Superman saving people before fighting Steppenwolf, joking with Cyborg after the victory and racing Flash in post credit scene), but at the time it seemed out of character.

It is a pitty that Warner cannnot see a proper Superman adaptation potential and cannot get someone who see it as a passion well elaborated project. I've read somewhere that Mark Millar was interested at a time, with Matthew Vaughn as director, with an epic trilogy proposal starting in Krypton (something similar to what is being told in Krypton TV Series) and ending with Superman entering the sun at the 3rd movie after creating the Legion of Super Heores; but now I think his ego would not allow him to go back to work with a character not of his own.

It is understandable that Cavill and his agent are arm wrestling with Warner to get something more than cameos for Cavill as Superman, but at this stake, it would be more convenient for Warner to drop the idea of a DC shared cinamatic universe, as with upcoming out of continuity Joker movie, it would be plain confusing.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    I pretty much hated MoS and BvS. JL was 'ok', but it was too little, too late. However, I don't blame Cavill for any of it. My issues were with the costume and the script and therefore the director. Superman Returns was pretty much the same thing. Brandon Routh was a great Superman and a fantastic Clark Kent.... I still think the cotume was too dark... but ironically I WISH they'd go back to it NOW... However Lois was cast WAY too young... The '5 years later' story was stupid and nothing can ever make the 'dead beat dad' concept work for me. 100% script problems., but when Superman was being Superman... Saving the city, the jet, stopping bullets with his face... That movie WORKED. However the script ruined. it. Same with Affleck in Daredevil. The Director's cut is a LOT better... but abandoning his crime fighting to sleep with Elektra... going all super murdery… that's not Daredevil. the writers and director just don't GET the character.

Cavill looked the part and I've seen he has a fun side... we just don't get to see that in the movies >.<

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I pretty much hated MoS and BvS. JL was 'ok', but it was too little, too late. However, I don't blame Cavill for any of it. My issues were with the costume and the script and therefore the director. Superman Returns was pretty much the same thing. Brandon Routh was a great Superman and a fantastic Clark Kent.... I still think the cotume was too dark... but ironically I WISH they'd go back to it NOW... However Lois was cast WAY too young... The '5 years later' story was stupid and nothing can ever make the 'dead beat dad' concept work for me. 100% script problems., but when Superman was being Superman... Saving the city, the jet, stopping bullets with his face... That movie WORKED. However the script ruined. it. Same with Affleck in Daredevil. The Director's cut is a LOT better... but abandoning his crime fighting to sleep with Elektra... going all super murdery… that's not Daredevil. the writers and director just don't GET the character.

Cavill looked the part and I've seen he has a fun side... we just don't get to see that in the movies >.
    Routh was/is perfect for the part. He was just stuck in an absolutely dreadful movie.

Heck, the guy who plays Superman on Supergirl absolutely nailed the character (as did the show's writers).

Cavill seemed like a really passive Superman, I never thought he brought much energy to the performance or heart. I didn't hate his performances but he didn't really ever win me over either.

Now the new rumor is that Affleck is out as Batman, and I though he did a decent job. I never thought I'd say that I like his Batman the best since Michael Keaton's turn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Routh was/is perfect for the part. He was just stuck in an absolutely dreadful movie.

Heck, the guy who plays Superman on Supergirl absolutely nailed the character (as did the show's writers).
    Supergirl, I think this is the best superhero entertainment out there right now these days, theatre or television.
    The Punisher Netflix series isn't far behind.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

It's not Cavill's fault that Zack Snyder wanted movies where every single character was angry, depressed, mopey, burnt out, and just plain miserable.

It's the same way that it wasn't George Clooney's fault that Schumacher wanted a happy, peppy, cheerful Batman in "Batman and Robin".

I really enjoyed the CW's version of the Man of Steel on Supergirl.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; September 19, 2018 at 05:34pm.
    Odd Man Out

I actually went back and rewatched BvS, but this time the Extended Cut. The story actually made more sense with the added footage. It was rather enjoyable. I am curious what Justice League would have been like with Snyders Cut. As far as Cavill goes... it is actually sad to see him depart, if that is the case. He has been the only constant in the DCEU since the restart. It would be like losing RDJ after the 1st Avengers movie. The character has an origin and a few battles, but doesn't really develop until his conflict with Darkseid, Lex Luthor, and Braniac. I think they should have focused more on building the core characters of the League before branching out into smaller characters. The Flash, Green Lantern, and a Batman movie should have been 1st down the pipe. Then Shazaam, and a Stand Alone Joker movie. Just my 2 cents.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

Cavill definitely looks the part, but his Supes fell flat for me. I love him in other movies though, so I am not sure if it is the directing, writing or whatever. Someone failed this Superman
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

I already knew he was Superman ages ago. There’s pictures of him on the net with a big red S on his chest and that’s always a giveaway.
    Last edited by Fandabidozi; September 27, 2018 at 07:44am.

Quote Originally Posted by Fandabidozi View Post
    I already knew he was Superman ages ago. There’s pictures of him on the net with big red S on his chest and that’s always a giveaway.
    It took me close to a minute to get this
    White knights of the internet only see flowers or dragons. Nothing in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Fandabidozi View Post
    I already knew he was Superman ages ago. There’s pictures of him on the net with big red S on his chest and that’s always a giveaway.
    Outstanding.

That's the funniest thing I've seen on here in a long time.