Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 2 Arrival Thread

Received my figures today. No major paint issues (some figures have paint flecking especially at joints [knees and wrists]). but all in all, no slop like the first series of figures. I had a few stuck joints, but was able to free them with a hair dryer. I bought an extra Sorceress for a separate Kuduk Ungol figure. Both Sorceress bodies had stuck boot cuts (one on the right leg, the other on the left). I was unable to free them with heat. But I own every MOTUC figure produced and have never used the boot cut articulation. Lol, so no biggie, I didn't want to risk tearing the leg peg.

Also using some Matte Americana Dura Clear varnish (thanks Kingrandorfaceplam) really took the shine out of Sorceress's face. It really brings out the sculpt and makes it not look plasticy.

all in all, I would say 8 of 10 stars. I'm pleased with my figures. Thanks Super 7

Constructive criticism:
    1. Mold moving pieces in that color of plastic. Stop painting pieces that move and/or rub together. It causes the paint to fleck.
    2. Sorceress doesn't really look like the cartoon. She looks like an Eternian villager cosplaying as Sorceress. Please keep working on the Filmation female faces

Joy, my MOTUCs came. Forgot how enjoyable it is to rip open cards and get that wonderful, probably carcinogenic plastic scent filling my nose holes. Letís do some fast reviews.

Wrap Trap is awesome. I think I might put some glossy lacquer or something on the green parts. He doesnít have bicep swivels but his elbow rotate. Itís the same thing, donít whine. His sword is cool, but I think Iím going to give it to King Hsss. His bio gives him the alternate name Sibor, so thatís cool if you donít like Wrap Trap.

Granita is surprisingly great. They learned from the failure of Hawke; her proportions are correct and she has the proper MOTUC styling. She has hidden leg articulation above the knee which looks awkward but itís better than most every other female. The rock parts are a heavy rubber, which feels premium. I was expecting to dislike her, but sheís a surprise win.

Dylamug is alright. He doesnít have enough arm articulation, but he does have a good amount of leg movement. He strikes me as a TMNT figure that would have come out in like 1992. Heís probably faithfully executed but he should be a HATMOTU figure, not a MOTUC figure. He doesnít suck as aggressively as I thought he would, but he doesnít fit in with anything on my shelves.

Karg is a ****ing masterpiece. The face is gnarly. The colors sing. The cape is really unique and makes Karg look special. The armor is applied correctly, which is worth commenting on because Mattel couldnít do that for years. I wish that his hook was swappable with Trap Jaw parts, but Iíd probably just leave the hook on anyway so no points off for that.

Really great set this time around.

Received my figures yesterday. I'm very happy. One minor paint issue with Man E Faces. Other than that I'm pleased. I love Karg, Merman and Dialamug. Sorceress is my least favorite overall.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    You clearly don't understand how loyal apologists operate.
    You are probably right. Insanely though, I just got home and the package was there. No shipping confirmation though. I do have a question that hopefully somebody can help with. Does anybody live on the East Coast (NorthEast) and ordered 8 figures using FedEx? If so, can you please tell me the cost? Thanks

Heroic Warrior
    I got my figs and the only major complaints I have is the Sorceress is really short and Merman has some weak wrists. I'm worried if I move them too much they will break. The paint on the left wrist has it frozen.

CAUTION. Make sure you heat up hands of Filmation figures before placing weapons in their hands. the weapons are painted, the paint will rub off, if you force the weapon into the hand.

they really need to start molding the weapons in their appropriate colors instead of painting. it's annoying having to get the hair dryer out just to put a gun in Merman's hand for fear of scratching paint off the handle, which I did

Mattel was guilty of this too. The paint was rubbed off my Seahawke and NA He-man's sword handles right in the package. Any part that is subject to friction (joints and weapons/hands) should not be painted. But Super 7 isn't the only company who does this. I'm looking at you DCC Batman Animated figures. every time you change weapons on those figures, you better have some heat

Heroic Warrior
    Got my figures!
    Over all I'm pretty pleased…I have to say Karg really steels the show for me though. Even though he couldn't be done in his correct movie colors this guy is fantastic! There isn't one thing out of place on him!

Wrap Trap…okay…a mummy. His paint apps are pretty cool, his version of the Horde crossbow is awesome.

LOVE Dylamug! Very cool!! I'm so happy they made him with an action feature. I still don't understand the decision to do the blast effect in regular plastic instead of translucent plastic. Oh well…it doesn't ruin the figure thankfully!

Grantia…FINALLY!!!! The Comet Warriors have needed their maiden for decades and she finally joins them! I'm surprised with how heavy the rock forms are. It makes posing her WITH them on fairly difficult. The only thing I'm disappointed about with her is her gun. Was that thing 3D printed? It seems very brittle and rough. It seems as if she MIGHT be suffering from the "too short torso" syndrome like the other females that Super7 has done. But there's so much going on with her it's not as obvious.

GS Mer-Man…there really wasn't a need to do an attached neck to the armor. That's what's causing the no-neck look. It's not AS BAD in person thankfully! Other than that he's pretty fantastic.The amount of accessories that come with him is surprising. Glad we have him!

GS Man-E-Faces…this character has always been my favorite MotU character. The vintage figure was my first figure. He embodies everything about MotU. This guy…the only thing I'd change is it's quite awkward spinning the faces. A dial coming out the back of the helmet would have been ideal.

GS Tongue Lashor…fun figure, another cool addition to the Horde even if it's technically a separate line from CC. One thing I noticed was the paint on his neck is VERY thin! Just swapping out the heads I scratched the paint showing the blue through so BE CAREFUL!

Alright now for the elephant in the line…CG Sorceress…in person she does look better. I do plan on hitting the face with a matte clear coat. I just don't get why they're running the CG women shorter than the rest. It's definitely a torso issue. It's too short. If that issue were fixed she'd be near perfect. I say near because her face should be painted. They're relying too much on "flesh" colored plastic.

I did get my replacement Tri-Klops head. Pretty cool of them to do that…I was sweating bullets swapping the heads out!
    In the end I'm happy with these two waves. I'm looking forward to what the next CC wave will bring!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I got mine yesterday, haven't opened the packs up yet, but looking forward to it.

Got my club filmation. Definitely better than wave 1,but yeah sorceress' face is to shiny. Could they have used the plastic on her legs for the head? That seems like a better skin tone
    Last edited by bcbsdrg; September 26, 2018 at 11:16pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    These quotes are just from this ONE page alone. Not that you didn't have to pull some of these tricks with Mattel's figures but man, I'm starting to feel like we need to follow a recipe just to have these things turn out right.

Pretty soon the back of the package will look like a box of cake mix. Bake 375 for 10-15 minutes on center rack, then let cool before playing or posing....Geez....
    Lol! I was thinking the same thing!

...I wonder how many cakes Brian has had to "hoss" after baking them in the oven then cooling them in the freezer?

Quote Originally Posted by manic mailman View Post
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cb965894e4.jpg

After heating didn't work, I tried freezer overnight. Gently working the joint this morning, it snapped.
    I emailed super7 about huge paint slop on one of my strider masks and heard nothing back.
    Hopefully they stand by their product here.

Has anyone gotten replacement figures from Super7 before?
    How does it work? Are they responsive?
    Well... I emailed them five times asking about my original wave 1 order and when to expect it (because people had started to receive replacement figures before I even got a shipping notice), and I still have not heard a peep. Yes, I eventually received my figures, but the customer service at Super 7 is nonexistent...

Quote Originally Posted by sndanikilador View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I bought the complete wave 2, but I bought some figures at different times and I am receiving them on different days.
    The first figure I have received is Tung Lashor, of which I am not happy ..... paint stain .. lack of paint. .. ankle with defect ....
    I attach photos for you to value, but as soon as I receive all the figures I will review them and then I will transfer the complaints to Super7 , I am sure that some solution will be given, I trust them.
    So let me get this straight. Super 7 won't paint the faces of the figures like almost every other reputable toy company, but they'll paint the entire leg and foot?!?

Quote Originally Posted by The Timeless One View Post
    (I'll add this: if I was a CG collector, I'd be pretty upset. Sorceress is a travesty, and the other CG figures look like knock-off dollar store garbage, imo.)
    Yup. Sadly, this dollar store is actually the 35 Dollar store (plus shipping.)

You clearly don't understand how loyal apologists operate.
    And right now, they are the life-blood of Super 7.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Lol! I was thinking the same thing!

...I wonder how many cakes Brian has had to "hoss" after baking them in the oven then cooling them in the freezer?

Well... I emailed them five times asking about my original wave 1 order and when to expect it (because people had started to receive replacement figures before I even got a shipping notice), and I still have not heard a peep. Yes, I eventually received my figures, but the customer service at Super 7 is nonexistent...

So let me get this straight. Super 7 won't paint the faces of the figures like almost every other reputable toy company, but they'll paint the entire leg and foot?!?

Yup. Sadly, this dollar store is actually the 35 Dollar store (plus shipping.)

And right now, they are the life-blood of Super 7.
    OK, now compile all the positive comments and compare.

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    I've opened Sorceress so far and while I'm not in love, I don't hate her either, certainly not the train wreck people say she is. Its not the prototype, but its better than Teela. The matte finish is a huge issue for sure, compare the hands and face to the legs and its entirely different in the finish.

customercare@super7store.com

[Super7] Re: My Wave Two Club Grayskull Sorceress from order # xxxx needs to be replaced

Super7 Customer Support (Super7)

Sep 26, 2:51 PM PDT
    Hi there,

I have you on my list for a replacement Sorceress. Once we finish with the fulfillment process at our outside shipping facility and get the figures at our warehouse, I'll be sending you a replacement Sorceress and a return label for the defective figure. I'll be following up with the tracking and return label once we're able to begin the replacement process.

-Super7 Customer Care
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Quote Originally Posted by manic mailman View Post
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cb965894e4.jpg

After heating didn't work, I tried freezer overnight. Gently working the joint this morning, it snapped.
    I emailed super7 about huge paint slop on one of my strider masks and heard nothing back.
    Hopefully they stand by their product here.

Has anyone gotten replacement figures from Super7 before?
    How does it work? Are they responsive?
    I reported problems months ago, and I have recieved no communication from them.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Dylamug, Hunga the Harpy, Admiral Scurvy, Skytree and Songster.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    OK, now compile all the positive comments and compare.
    Why don't you enlighten us and do it yourself so we can see how you view the glass is half empty/ half full of the state of Super7 Motu?

Heroic Warrior
    Why don't you enlighten us and do it yourself so we can see how you view the glass is half empty/ half full of the state of Super7 Motu?
    Because you can't change a persons mind if you do all the work for them.

Great set of figures I received today! Great job Super7!

I was worried about Sorceressís ability to stand with the wings, and then even more worried when I got them in hand with how wings have some weight to them... But it just could not work any better than it does, the wings go right in and she stands with no problem and looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    My figures arrived today and I’m very happy with them. However, I did not receive the Tri-Klops head as others have, so I sent Super7 an email about it.
    I heard back from Super7 and they will be shipping me out a couple of Tri-Klops heads once they receive them from the shipping facility.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Received mine yesterday...

Sorceress: Face sculpt isn't awful but I don't feel that it captures "The Sorceress." The glossy plastic hurts it. Aside from that, I really like her. Putting her atop Castle Grayskull with her arms out really is awesome looking.

Dyla-Mug: He was one of my top "wants" and now that I have him in hand I like him. I just feel that there aren't enough paint apps and he's just a mass of cheap looking gray plastic. I love how his dials work, I love the bulbs on his head and the swappable bats are a nice touch. His arm articulation is a little lackluster too.

Man-E-Faces: I haven't opened him up yet but aesthetically he's perfect IMO.

Mer-Man: The figure I've been wanting since I was 5 years old. I've longed for a cartoon-accurate Mer-Man and never got one until now. He's perfect.

Wrap Trap: This was the figure that I cared least about and he turned out GREAT! His crossbow is a thing of beauty. I love the color contrast with the white green and red...and he fits in perfectly with the rest of the Horde.

Granita: Wow, that package was heavy compared to the others haha. Granita always got my vote because I felt that Stonedar and Rokkon needed her. I like her but she's probably my least favorite of this group of 8.

Tung-Lashor: He was never a huge want of mine (in this style) because the Filmation version of Tung Lashor wasn't "my" version. I haven't opened him yet but the sculpt is very nice and extremely accurate.

Karg: FINALLY! Sure, he's not the Karg (in color or size) from the movie but this is 100% Karg. That face sculpt is incredible. His colors all work beautifully together. Such a fun figure.

This is how I rank them from 1-8.
    1. Mer-Man
    2. Karg
    3. Man-E-Faces
    4. Wrap Trap
    5. Dyla-Mug
    6. Tung Lashor
    7. Sorceress
    8. Granita

Well, upon further inspection of my figures, I found one of my Man-E-Faces has 2 left calves. Now this makes 2 figures I have to get replaced.

20180927_065855.jpg
    Last edited by jerec350; September 27, 2018 at 07:58am.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    Well, upon further inspection of my figures, I found one of my Man-E-Faces has 2 left calves. Now this makes 2 figures I have to get replaced.

20180927_065855.jpg
    They will replace him just include pictures so they see it was factory error.
    I already got a reply that they will replace my Sorceress with two right lower leg sections.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    They will replace him just include pictures so they see it was factory error.
    I already got a reply that they will replace my Sorceress with two right lower leg sections.
    Yeah, I already sent them another email. I had already sent them one about my Tung Lashor's paint defect. Hopefully they get back sooner than they did last time. Had to send them a few emails before I got a reply.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Received my figures yesterday and they are all great! Yes, Sorceress is short, possibly even shorter than Teela. I think it is in both the torso and the lower leg piece between the boot and knee. Otherwise she looks great. I kind of wish Wrap Trap had an interchangeable set of hands similar to the Sorceress's so that you could pose him in the iconic living-dead Mummy pose that just doesn't work the same with hands in a grabbing position. I like how most of the figures have a matte paint job to them. This was a really great wave all around. Looking forward to more frequent releases now that Super7 is getting ready for their one wave per quarter schedule.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    I received my figures yesterday, but haven't had time to open them. In package they look great; though Karg's card back was a little banged up....

BUT I did NOT get the MUCH needed Bonus CG Tri-Klops head. I emailed them immediately asking for one to be sent ASAP... guess we'll see what comes of that.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Got my CG pack delivered today all they way down to Chile, 9 days from shipping label creation via USPS. I'm impressed! And no customs yay

They all look good in the boxes, will check them out in hand later.