Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Heavily MOTU inspired ... Funko DC Primal Age

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by vanalon View Post
    The Giant Bat could be a great new beast!
    I would like to see more warrior women:
    -Harley Quinn with her own beast... a giant hyaena called GRIN!
    -Poison Ivy
    -Catwoman
    -...and Hawkman
    I half-considered Robin as a big bird beast.

One area where I THINK Funko would upgrade these figures is by giving flying mounts a clear stand.

I actually think Joker’s beast would be an easy retool as Luthor’s iguana from the Krypto cartoon, Ignatius.

https://superman.fandom.com/wiki/Ignatius

I assume Supergirl would get Comet or Streaky as a Sabertooth.

Wonder Woman has a canon beast mount. Amazons ride kangaroos. They’re usually drawn a bit like velociraptors with kangaroo heads. A savage saber tooth kangaroo is probably something the world could use now. The downside being it would take a non-standard box size.

I also keep imagining a Bat-Mite/Orko mashup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    I half-considered Robin as a big bird beast.

One area where I THINK Funko would upgrade these figures is by giving flying mounts a clear stand.

I actually think Joker’s beast would be an easy retool as Luthor’s iguana from the Krypto cartoon, Ignatius.

https://superman.fandom.com/wiki/Ignatius

I assume Supergirl would get Comet or Streaky as a Sabertooth.

Wonder Woman has a canon beast mount. Amazons ride kangaroos. They’re usually drawn a bit like velociraptors with kangaroo heads. A savage saber tooth kangaroo is probably something the world could use now. The downside being it would take a non-standard box size.

I also keep imagining a Bat-Mite/Orko mashup.
    I thought about Ignatius as well. But I think it'd be cool if the Joker Beast was recolored as an Ignatius-like lizard for Lex Luthor that ALSO came with a chariot for Lex. And Ignatius would be harnessed to the chariot. I'd also like a removable kryptonite staff for Lex to hold from the chariot. It bugs me a little that Lex does not have a weapon.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I thought about Ignatius as well. But I think it'd be cool if the Joker Beast was recolored as an Ignatius-like lizard for Lex Luthor that ALSO came with a chariot for Lex. And Ignatius would be harnessed to the chariot. I'd also like a removable kryptonite staff for Lex to hold from the chariot. It bugs me a little that Lex does not have a weapon.
    Yeah, Lex not coming with anything is weird, isn't it? A Kryptonite sword would have been excellent!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

King Hiss looks great on that. Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanalon View Post
    I finally try to put some bad guy on the saddle/throne of the Joker Beast… who fits better in your opinion?
    For me the winner is King Hiss!
    Attachment 120080 Attachment 120081 Attachment 120082
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Wow these are fragile. So my 6 year old got them for his birthday. Out of the package Batman's sheild seperated from the holder. The strap strap holder on Batman's beast split when one of his friends was putting the figure on him and Batman's leg popped off (luckily it popped right back on) Finally his sword broke removing it out of Batman's hand. We decided probably not going to invest any more money in these.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Wow these are fragile. So my 6 year old got them for his birthday. Out of the package Batman's sheild seperated from the holder. The strap strap holder on Batman's beast split when one of his friends was putting the figure on him and Batman's leg popped off (luckily it popped right back on) Finally his sword broke removing it out of Batman's hand. We decided probably not going to invest any more money in these.
    Where did you buy them?

Amazon ones are known to be more fragile.

I opened my black and silver Primal Age Batman is he is VERY sturdy. I heard that Funko changed factories and drastically upped their QC, so the figures are much, much better. I really threw my Batman around as well just to test him and no breaks at all. Legs move very well, even stretched to sit on Bathound, the sword and shield pop in and out of his hands easily. I just hope the initial bad QC doesn't affect future sales, but it seems they sold through their stock at Targets.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I opened my black and silver Primal Age Batman is he is VERY sturdy. I heard that Funko changed factories and drastically upped their QC, so the figures are much, much better. I really threw my Batman around as well just to test him and no breaks at all. Legs move very well, even stretched to sit on Bathound, the sword and shield pop in and out of his hands easily. I just hope the initial bad QC doesn't affect future sales, but it seems they sold through their stock at Targets.
    I bought my son a Black one at Target and you're right....WAY sturdier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Where did you buy them?

Amazon ones are known to be more fragile.
    My sister confirmed she had ordered them off Amazon.

I bought my son a Black one at Target and you're right....WAY sturdier.

- - - Updated - - -

My sister confirmed she had ordered them off Amazon.
    Yup, that would be it. Don't get me wrong, the shield clips on the series 1 figures are fragile regardless but the Amazon series 1 figures did have legitimate, widespread brekage problems. The saddle on any of the Krypto figures is pretty fragile too. Mine broke while sitting on the shelf
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"