Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would You like Super7 Vintage New Adventures Figures in MOTU style?

Heroic Warrior
    Having thought about this more:

I think the key to any line like this is to start from the extremes and work your way to the middle.

So you’d ideally have a wave that’s half famous characters and half characters who are obscure and/or new to the format.

Maybe one thing that could push this along:

Do a Filmation Battlecat.

Retool the armor as New Adventures. (Is there even a design for this?)

Also the blue Son of He-Man Battlecat as a retool, Battle Lion for a 5.5 King Grayskull.

No...……...

It's a fantastic idea! I'd love at least some vintage-style space mutants to add to vintage Skeletor's army!

Heck yes!

Hydron
    Flipshot
    Mara
    Kayo
    Flogg
    Slushead
    Optikk
    Crita
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    If they only did one wave, I’d lean towards:

He-Man
    Skeletor
    Crita
    Master Sebrien
    Mara
    Prince Adam

Those last four never got toys so they could do double duty on a NA shelf.

The more I think of this, the more I like the idea. It would be like a more direct continuation of the vintage line, instead of a reboot.

My answer? **** YES!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    No.
    There are many more deserving characters to be presented in the vintage toy style, including:

Wun-dar
    Oo-larr
    Lord Choloh
    Tug-o-war
    Granita
    Icer
    Batros
    Strong Arm
    Mini-comic variants
    Gray
    Sharella
    Kex Queen
    The Glorm
    Lodar
    Fang-man
    Lizard-man
    Hover Robots
    Karg
    Kittrina
    Shadow Weaver
    Scorpia
    POP with sculpted hair
    Geldor
    Garn
    Enchantress
    Queen Marlena
    I'm not quite understanding why these characters are "more deserving" than vintage New Adventures characters....?

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    The more I think of this, the more I like the idea. It would be like a more direct continuation of the vintage line, instead of a reboot.
    Bingo!

This would be an incredible line of figures!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Really? Wouldn't it be better if Super7 concentrate on less different releases instead of hundreds but with inferior quality?
    I'd rather have them release less but with a decent quality which matches their prices.
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Really? Wouldn't it be better if Super7 concentrate on less different releases instead of hundreds but with inferior quality?
    I'd rather have them release less but with a decent quality which matches their prices.
    Why do you think fewer releases would increase quality?

I think it’s just as likely that they need to get bigger to increase quality.

I would love to see this happen. They need to put some He-Man and Skeletor variants in the line to keep casual buyers interested, and the New Adventures ones would be ideal choices.

I think a mix of Filmation MOTU, POP, NA, and never before made characters (like He-Ro and Eldor) would be the best approach. That way each wave has something for everyone to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Why do you think fewer releases would increase quality?

I think it’s just as likely that they need to get bigger to increase quality.
    Because according to various YouTube and forum impressions, the figures quality seems rushed and not well thought through. Especially the paint chips, plastic which breaks too easily and half working legjoints on the vintage line.
    Not the mention their shipping delay, a lot of customers are still waiting for stuff bought in July.
    That's why I'd rather have them sort out any current problems before flooding their shop with tons of different stuff which lacks quality.
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Because according to various YouTube and forum impressions, the figures quality seems rushed and not well thought through. Especially the paint chips, plastic which breaks too easily and half working legjoints on the vintage line.
    Not the mention their shipping delay, a lot of customers are still waiting for stuff bought in July.
    That's why I'd rather have them sort out any current problems before flooding their shop with tons of different stuff which lacks quality.
    I think the quality is bad because the scale is too small. They’re using a cheap, short run factory. In a big run, you have defect testing. 3-5% will be defective in a big run. In a small run, 20%+ will. In a big run, you toss those 3-5% and eat the cost. In a big run, you do materials and safety testing.

If they aren’t doing big runs of individual figures, running 16 varieties at once through a bigger manufacturing operation might be better than running 4 varieties at once.

Quote Originally Posted by themodrenman View Post
    What I mean is the chunky MOTU look instead of how they came out originally. Would you like characters like Flipshot or Optikk to match your Trap Jaws and Meckanecks?

Maybe even "As Seen on TV ones" of He-Man and Skeletor.
    Yeah, I'd buy those. I'd like to see a Discs of Doom Skeletor redone in that style or Crita since she never had a figure in that vintage line.

For a few select characters, yes I'd be down. I could see Optikk, Quakke, Hydron, Darius, Mara, Crita, and Sagitar being prime candidates that could look good in this style.
    Others like Kayo, Nocturna, and Vizar I'm just not so sure.

Had the New Adventures toyline been released in the same MOTU vintage style, I would have definitely continued collecting them. The dramatic change in style and scale really put me off, as a kid, and thus ended my vintage collection. Now that I appreciate the characters as a nostalgic adult, I would love to see this happen as they blended so well in Classics!
    An insatiable hunger for Hunga!
    Twiggets & Widgets & Garth, Oh my!!
    Articulated Cringer & Catra in Cat form would be Pawsome, too!!!

Heroic Warrior
    That would be a great idea! Especially He-man and Skeletor.

Heroic Warrior
    Not really interested but if it ends up being cool then I would have to get it. Would rather have the lords of power first

Connoisseur of plastics VelvetPython's Avatar
    I also say only He-man and Skeletor, if they insist on doing it at all. I find most of the NA characters really unappealing.
    Skeletor?!? May the dark gods burn his evil soul!

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone BUT He-Man and Skeletor please.

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    I’m all for it. Guys like Optikk would look particularly impressive in the bulky vintage 5.5 style.
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Malektha/Twiggets/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi/Gleep/UR
    MISC:Delora/MOPDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Damon
    BEASTS:Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/Mantisaur/
    TyrantisaurousRex/Moonbeam/Sundancer

Quote Originally Posted by themodrenman View Post
    What I mean is the chunky MOTU look instead of how they came out originally. Would you like characters like Flipshot or Optikk to match your Trap Jaws and Meckanecks?

Maybe even "As Seen on TV ones" of He-Man and Skeletor.
    Like correcting the "mistake" in past when NA toys were made. I'm on this great idea.☺

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Definitely interested. Not the entire line but the big guns. Also, some artistic license to make them more intune with the vintage line would be great. Give He-Man the pony tail, tights and armor but keep that barbarian face.

I'd also like to see more 200x versions of characters in the vintage style - Moss man, Count Marzo specifically. I hate the vintage Moss Man head :/
    Last edited by He-Mun; February 4, 2019 at 08:30pm. Reason: Additions

My Toy/Nerd Blog - Ubernerd, Beyond Loserdome https://beyondloserdome.blogspot.com/

Travel down the Rabbit Hole into my take on the Eternian Mythos:

Direct link to the Google Slides - https://goo.gl/0DJy5p

Link to my Thread in the Fan Fiction Forums - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...e-MOTU-Mythos)