Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super7 Supercast Episode 12

Super7 Supercast Episode 12

Brian Flynn from Super7 is here to give you updates on the current state of all things Masters of the Universe. This video covers updates different brands and products from Super7.But for MOTU fans, we get updates for:
    • MOTUC CG Prince Adam shipping update - 7:40
    • Los Amos oversell update - 7:59
    • MOTU 5" shipping update - 9:47
    • MOTUC CC Snake Mountain update - 10:33
    • 5" He-Ro vac-metal armor update - 10:59
    • MOTUC Collector's Choice update - 12:03
    • MOTUC CG Tri-Klops bonus head - 12:20
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Brian slays me with these Supercast videos.

You can tell he really has fun doing them
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Love the buckets. We need a Wolfman and Dracula.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

Heroic Warrior
    Lots of good news in there.

Did anyone else get the feeling that when Brian said they have not given up on Collectors Choice, that it almost sounded like Wave 3 will be the last wave?

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Snake Mountain is pretty massive !

Cannot wait to get some preorder and release dates infos
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    Did anyone else get the feeling that when Brian said they have not given up on Collectors Choice, that it almost sounded like Wave 3 will be the last wave?
    I did not get that feeling at all. I assume SM is the piece they have been working on next and getting those stones put into place which pushed CC back a bit. Nothing I am concerned about.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

Heroic Warrior

I admit that it sounded that way to me. Hopefully, I'm just reading too much into it.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar

It's been a while we hadn't our "Motuc CC fix", so I suppose we're more inclined to read between lines ...
    In an ideal scenario, they could reveal the 4 prototypes between the end of CG wave 3 preorder window and
    the kickstarter (or whatever they choose to do for Motuc Snake Mountain!).
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    These videos from Brian Flynn are definitely not for everyone's taste. I can't tell, from the "humororus" tone of the videos, if he's being just lightharted or mischievously making fun of fans' concerns.

And well, CC's news were like no news, IMO.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior
    Its no clear, we see wave 3 of CC in the Comic Con or not?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Karatzis View Post
    Its no clear, we see wave 3 of CC in the Comic Con or not?
    Not sure, but the impression I got was we won't. Maybe before the end of the month?

Snake Mountain looks HUGE. Damn. I can't afford that thing, I have no room for it whatsoever, and yet I desperately want it, argh!

I'm getting a bit worried about CC at this point. Some news would be nice.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    I was shocked at this point that there wasn't as least a teaser for one of the upcoming Classics/Collector's choice figures. It also still looks like a figure cannot fit under the Snake Mountain 'chain ledge'.
    "..."

Snake Mountain is Huge. Really looking forward to this

Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Lack of news about the most important Collector Choice line is worrying, I mean Snake Mountain is great, just another masterpiece by the 4 horsemen, but I really do not want believe they're going to release only in Club Grayskull format style from 2019 onwards;
    heck! at least do multipacks for the most obscure characters / variants still missing from the golden era of motuc (the original roadmap 2016 / 2017) if they think sales are not being good

uhmmm we'll know about that in a few days I guess at NYCC
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Heroic Warrior
    I feel like classics needs playsets and vehicles to keep the excitement going so they can sell more figures. Snake Mountain was towering over Brian can’t wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    Lack of news about the most important Collector Choice line is worrying, I mean Snake Mountain is great, just another masterpiece by the 4 horsemen, but I really do not want believe they're going to release only in Club Grayskull format style from 2019 onwards;
    heck! at least do multipacks for the most obscure characters / variants still missing from the golden era of motuc (the original roadmap 2016 / 2017) if they think sales are not being good

uhmmm we'll know about that in a few days I guess at NYCC
    I guess you missed the part where they said they are working on a new wave? Bryan is very casual in his speech so it was missable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Snake Mountain looks HUGE. Damn. I can't afford that thing, I have no room for it whatsoever, and yet I desperately want it, argh!

I'm getting a bit worried about CC at this point. Some news would be nice.
    Collector's Choice is a difficult prospect.

With most of the "big hitters" already released in MOTUC, the more obscure characters are all that Super 7 has to work with. Die-hard fans are the ones who have kept this line alive for so long (along with re-sellers and scalpers, lol) but at the end of the day, Super 7 doesn't want to invest in a bunch of characters that the casual fanbase or collector may pass on.

Of course this bums me out, because we still need to finish New Adventures, but if the interest isn't there, I don't see S7 taking the risk.

For them, as a toy company, Filmation is where the money is at. More recognizable characters and 165 30 min. commercials to help propel the 80's nostalgia-driven buyers.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Southern California. Toy Capital of the World!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

With most of the "big hitters" already released in MOTUC, the more obscure characters are all that Super 7 has to work with. Die-hard fans are the ones who have kept this line alive for so long (along with re-sellers and scalpers, lol) but at the end of the day, Super 7 doesn't want to invest in a bunch of characters that the casual fanbase or collector may pass on.

Of course this bums me out, because we still need to finish New Adventures, but if the interest isn't there, I don't see S7 taking the risk.

For them, as a toy company, Filmation is where the money is at. More recognizable characters and 165 30 min. commercials to help propel the 80's nostalgia-driven buyers.
    Filmation is just a fresh new well. Eventually it will run dry too. Not really that many main characters left to make is there? That line cant go on too long before they start hitting c and d lister characters.

CC is already in "collectors only characters zones" and its still fairly in demand it seems. Besides alot of people would like updated Attak Trak or spydor or Ice Armor He-man etc.
    I am by NO means a New Adventures fan ( I have the dvds but I just cant watch it through) BUT The Figures we have gotten have been easily some of the best in the line! I would gladly continue to buy them if theyre of Quake or Tuskador or Hydron or Flipshot quality! Im not sure about She Ra but im down for plenty more female characters as well if we are missing any (sorry POP fans, im not in the know as to who is missing still)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark 5cythe View Post
    Filmation is just a fresh new well. Eventually it will run dry too. Not really that many main characters left to make is there? That line cant go on too long before they start hitting c and d lister characters.

CC is already in "collectors only characters zones" and its still fairly in demand it seems. Besides alot of people would like updated Attak Trak or spydor or Ice Armor He-man etc.
    I am by NO means a New Adventures fan ( I have the dvds but I just cant watch it through) BUT The Figures we have gotten have been easily some of the best in the line! I would gladly continue to buy them if theyre of Quake or Tuskador or Hydron or Flipshot quality! Im not sure about She Ra but im down for plenty more female characters as well if we are missing any (sorry POP fans, im not in the know as to who is missing still)
    Well, to start, we are still missing Starburst She-Ra, which is tantamount to missing Battle Armor He-Man, as Starburst She-Ra was the first vintage variant

There's Joya, the bubble maiden, who was a concept, but not produced.

There are The Twiggets; The Wizardess from the vintage POP mini comics, as well as Catra in any of her three toy looks.

Hunga the Harpy is the most glaring omission, as far as non variants go.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Widget
    No update yet on the Grayskull dungeon rug? I was hoping the camera would pan down towards his feet

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Well, to start, we are still missing Starburst She-Ra, which is tantamount to missing Battle Armor He-Man, as Starburst She-Ra was the first vintage variant

There's Joya, the bubble maiden, who was a concept, but not produced.

There are The Twiggets; The Wizardess from the vintage POP mini comics, as well as Catra in any of her three toy looks.

Hunga the Harpy is the most glaring omission, as far as non variants go.
    Hunga, Kittrina, King Miro, Lady Slither, Sagitar and Lizzor are the most asked from the poll if I remember well.

If Super7 will do a CC wave with these characters, WOW I'll be very happy!
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Yeah, of course, I totally get it. That's why I'm worried. Why bother making super-niche characters that only just scrape the minimum profitable order, for a bunch of fans who mostly just whine and complain about them, when they can focus on their other lines and product that are easier to produce and more likely to profit?

We've had it so good, it's incredible that we have the depth of characters that we've had so far, and I feel so close to having a 'complete' collection, just need to put out a couple of years worth of CC waves to round out the remaining must have figures before we say good bye to the line, and I'm really hoping there's enough juice left in the tank to get there.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

When I watched this the other day, I too had this same feeling. Hopefully it was just the way he said it and not that Wave 3 is the end.

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark 5cythe View Post

I seem to remember something about making characters that didn't appear in a Filmation series in Filmation style. Might have been in reference to the 5.5" but I don't recall. They may try to extend the CG line in this manner, though. Not sure how popular that would be, but they would find out within a couple of waves if not sooner I'm sure.