Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 Announces New 6" She-Ra Figures Based On Netflix Animated Series

Super7 Announces New 6" She-Ra Figures Based On Netflix Animated Series

"Super7 is excited to announce the official pre-order for the She-Ra and Catra 6-inch Action Figures for the highly anticipated She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, a Netflix original series."

https://toynewsi.com/13-31865

Interesting that it is Super 7 that will be producing figures for this line. I wonder are they part of MOTUC as they are 6-inch scale, although I do not see style being compatible.

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    The article mentions a preorder but I found nothing on the S7 site - am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Totally Dyslexic
    SERIOUSLY ?!?!?!

I really do not like those designs and i feel like slapped in the face as a vintage POP toy fan. Glad for all those who were waiting to get those finally in...oh wait, nobody has seen this versions in cartoon form yet and the fans to be who might want them in the future donīt know them yet.

I sound bitter? I am. We donīt have MOTUC versions of vintage POP She-Ra and Catra but these new versions seems to get the MOTUC treatment. Yes, i am super bitter. No iīm jealous. Thatīs it.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
    The article mentions a preorder but I found nothing on the S7 site - am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think this article jumped the gun a bit. It seems likey they're debuting at NYCC this week/weekend and the pre-order will start some time during that timeframe. Given that Super7 hasn't given any formal announcement on this yet, I wouldn't expect it to be on their site yet. Either way, super excited for this!
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Hey at least Super 7's Quality Control will match the quality of the designs.

Please just don't put any of those junk designs on the back of the *proper* series' cards. I don't want to buy a new "As Seen On TV" figure and then flip it over to see any of the new crap.

This new Netflix show might be the most disappointing news in the history of the brand. I was so hoping for a "Voltron" quality reboot. Sigh.

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Khev View Post
    Please just don't put any of those junk designs on the back of the *proper* series' cards. I don't want to buy a new "As Seen On TV" figure and then flip it over to see any of the new crap.

This new Netflix show might be the most disappointing news in the history of the brand. I was so hoping for a "Voltron" quality reboot. Sigh.
    Agreed. Do NOT put this trash on the card back.

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    Such anger here. Pump the brakes for a sec until we KNOW if these are MOTU Classics or not, as there is no indication they are. Obviously its a possibility but I could easily see these being entirely separate.

Mmmmh, seems like I'm the only one who's actually excited to find out more about this.
    Looking forward to seeing what the figures look like, and if they will be compatible with MOTUC, or completely their own thing.
    Whatever the case though, I'm quite sure I'll pick them up, as I'm also really excited about the cartoon.

I am definitely interested to see what they come up with.

I just do not see animation characters body design and art style being compatible with MOTUC, so I think it would be using different body parts. Unless they will MOTUC take on these characters.

Southern California. Toy Capital of the World!
    This is to be expected. Much like the current TMNT designs, this is all made for kids. Just like the vintage and the 200x motu were made for the kids of their time. Except now, kids dont really care about action figures as much. So toy sales will slump eventually and the toon will be cancelled.

I'll just stick to all my She-Ra classics figures from MattyCollector. Those were the best anyways.

Do you guys think this preorder will be limited and sell out? Or will it be like Prince Adam?

I'm a little surprised. I'd rather Super7 focus on MOTU since they have enough issues the way it is. I wonder what this means for Mattel? Maybe, Mattel will do 3 and 3/4 inch figures and other things at retail while Super7 will focus on 6 inch. Mattel made it sound like She-Ra would be hitting retail at their panel at Power-Con.

I find this a little odd myself. I assumed Mattel would handle toys as well. As somebody else already said...maybe Mattel and S7 both will be producing toys.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I find this a little odd myself. I assumed Mattel would handle toys as well. As somebody else already said...maybe Mattel and S7 both will be producing toys.
    I was assuming Mattel would handle them as well. HOPEFULLY Mattel has their own line too. That would likely mean lower price points and higher quality.

Either way, I hope the cartoon gets their own unique toy line. Not something that matches existing toys.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Heroic Warrior
    Very odd. I presume that Super7 has the rights to produce some kind of "adult collectors" line, perhaps based on the MOTUC bucks and that Mattel will still be making a "retail" line of action figures and action dolls for a broader market? Mattel previously indicated that they were busy working on product for the reboot series, unless that has since been scrapped?

Surely DreamWorks wouldn't have granted Super7 the exclusive licence to make She-Ra and the Princesses of Power toys when Super7 doesn't have any retail presence. Not to mention the fact that their products are quite expensive for parents to be buying their children (if they even know that they exist).

I was looking forward to being able to buy some Mattel product at retail. If Super7 is the only option for toys, I think I'll have to pass as they're just too expensive.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    SERIOUSLY ?!?!?!

I really do not like those designs and i feel like slapped in the face as a vintage POP toy fan. Glad for all those who were waiting to get those finally in...oh wait, nobody has seen this versions in cartoon form yet and the fans to be who might want them in the future donīt know them yet.

I sound bitter? I am. We donīt have MOTUC versions of vintage POP She-Ra and Catra but these new versions seems to get the MOTUC treatment. Yes, i am super bitter. No iīm jealous. Thatīs it.
    I agree and imo they should put efforts, time and money to produce again some better POP classics figures than making this...
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I agree and imo they should put efforts, time and money to produce again some better POP classics figures than making this...
    as the Eldor's holograms...
    More I am discovering what is coming in the Motu/Pop world, more I am disappointed.

Southern California. Toy Capital of the World!
    You bring up a good point. The cartoon is aimed at kids presumably. But an Adult collectors Company (super7) is going to take preorders and make 6" figures? Who are they targeting? I dont see any casual parents jumping online between certain dates to preorder action figures! LOL

Court Magician
    Lol no thanks this she ra new series looks like Pokemon. Not the she ra I know. Pass for me. Please do more for the animated vintage line to match the classic selection. Seems like most would agree and want much more for the vintage line.

I do feel had the POP fans been given the long desired Starburst She-Ra and the original Vintage Toy Catra designs in MOTUC, I think new She-Ra and Catra toys would be much more welcome!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Credit to Jason V. for these pictures.

Attachment 117941

Attachment 117942

Attachment 117943
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

If those figures, like this show, are supposedly for a younger generation will they be getting into stores or are they through super7 only? Assuming those are the super7 figures.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    This line and cartoon looks to be aimed at kids, so I have no interest in it. Good luck to Super7. Hope it makes them a lot of money and hits retail...which means they can put more resources into stuff that us adult collectors actually want.