Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 Announces New 6" She-Ra Figures Based On Netflix Animated Series

Totally Dyslexic
    The cards say it´s for children 14+ and the cards edges look really worn out already? These cards were carried around a lot already.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

These look great to me. The cards are nice with the die cuts too. I showed my 9 yr old the new trailer this morning and he said "oh wow! They all look so different!..." closely followed by... "i cant wait to watch this!"... for kids, a new take on a property does not diminish what came before it... and personally im in the same camp.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    $25 for six POA and very basic paint applications (which, to be fair, are true to the source material).

Who are these aimed at? The figures look like they're from a "basic" line of figures for children. But, how many parents are going to pay $25 for a single figure.
    To be fair, Eldor is $25 for six POA... and lots of folks around here pay that.

Age 14+ on the card, which means Super 7 intends these for collectors, not kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Quote Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
    To be fair, Eldor is $25 for six POA...
    It is 8 POA for Eldor because hands can also rotate (well... if Super7 did not also remove this feature compared to the original Mattel's concept lol)

I have less than zero interest in these figures. Same goes for the show.

As others have said, however, I wish Super7 success in this, in the sense that perhaps it can help, however indirectly, keep CC going.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Timeless One View Post
    I have less than zero interest in these figures. Same goes for the show.

As others have said, however, I wish Super7 success in this, in the sense that perhaps it can help, however indirectly, keep CC going.
    Same here.

Hope they will win money enough to invest and make more Classics figures and not cancel Classics...
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

These are expensive for limited movement figures, but I love the look of them. I hope we see more characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
    To be fair, Eldor is $25 for six POA... and lots of folks around here pay that.

Age 14+ on the card, which means Super 7 intends these for collectors, not kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's also a lot of people who refuse to pay that.

The 14+ age group thing is contradictory. The cartoon is made for kids and so should the toys. Hopefully Mattel gets some reasonably priced toys out to retail.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Well, I won't be buying these toys - but I wouldn't object to seeing these character designs pop up in Classics at some unspecified point in the future.
    They are more interesting (to me) than the Filmation figures.

I will be watching the cartoon, though.
    Quite looking forward to it!

I'm assuming the price point on these is high simply because of the NYCC exclusivity (packaging etc). I'd wager that we'll see these again in a mass market version for a more wallet friendly price. I really wanted to get these, but then saw the price and still considered it, then saw the odd shape of She-Ra's head and I figure I'll wait for the mass market version. Very excited that this is all happening though!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

I *love* these - especially how they are very cartoony looking. Reminds me of the MOTU v SnakeMen figures from 200X that looked more like the cartoon.

Pre-Ordered!

Eh, not a fan of these upscaled reaction figures. Wake me up when the 4H create a teen buck and these designs get put through the Classicizer machine (Right after 200X Teela). The designs can be good with the right artist (as the fan art attests), but the actual animation is 'meh'.
    Last edited by Nekk-ra; October 5, 2018 at 08:17pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    SERIOUSLY ?!?!?!

I really do not like those designs and i feel like slapped in the face as a vintage POP toy fan. Glad for all those who were waiting to get those finally in...oh wait, nobody has seen this versions in cartoon form yet and the fans to be who might want them in the future don´t know them yet.

I sound bitter? I am. We don´t have MOTUC versions of vintage POP She-Ra and Catra but these new versions seems to get the MOTUC treatment. Yes, i am super bitter. No i´m jealous. That´s it.
    I completely agree. There’s almost no articulation. It’s not worth the money there looking for
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I have no dog in this fight.

That said, I would hope that maybe Mattel will make some affordable figures for the young kids. As many of you are saying, the cartoon is geared towards children. Why have toys that most parents would not buy for their kids because they are too pricey!??

Or, do we actually live in a world where only adults want toys and children only want electronics??
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; October 6, 2018 at 11:17am.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I have no dog in this fight.

That said, I would hope that maybe Mattel will make some affordable figures for the young kids. As many of you are saying, the cartoon is geared towards children. Why have toys that most parents would not buy for their kids because they are too pricey!??

Or, do we actually live in a world where only adults want toys and children only want electronics??
    I think this is like Mattel and DC Collectibles. One makes a mass market line, one is geared to collectors.

Heroic Warrior
    So the pre-order that’s up on Super7’s website is for an exclusive 2018 NYCC two pack but so far we’ve only seen the single carded figures in this thread? Do we know if those will also be Super7 releases for preorder eventually? I’d rather wait for the single cards I think.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    So the pre-order that’s up on Super7’s website is for an exclusive 2018 NYCC two pack but so far we’ve only seen the single carded figures in this thread? Do we know if those will also be Super7 releases for preorder eventually? I’d rather wait for the single cards I think.
    I believe the preorder is for the set of two individual figures, not a two pack.
    Last edited by depp76; October 6, 2018 at 10:53pm.

Packet design looks cool, and figures in the packet are very cartoony, but do not see much collector value outside of the packet as posing is super 6 limited (they need one more point of articulation to be called super 7 articulated) Bad puns aside, looks faithful to cartoon in design, but probably mostly to mint-in-pack collectors as other collectors wont get much out of it.

As they are so limited in articulation, I wonder why not go fully Turtle style with action poses. Catra has a very stiff pose for catgirl. Or is Star Wars vintage look more appealing to collectors still, they are not even to scale with those?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I believe the preorder is for the set of two individual figures, not a two pack.
    Oh thanks! I was reading “set of 2” wrong in my head. Thanks for clearing that up. Preorder done

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    Oh thanks! I was reading “set of 2” wrong in my head. Thanks for clearing that up. Preorder done
    Sure thing!

Southern California. Toy Capital of the World!
    Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    Packet design looks cool, and figures in the packet are very cartoony, but do not see much collector value outside of the packet as posing is super 6 limited (they need one more point of articulation to be called super 7 articulated) Bad puns aside, looks faithful to cartoon in design, but probably mostly to mint-in-pack collectors as other collectors wont get much out of it.

As they are so limited in articulation, I wonder why not go fully Turtle style with action poses. Catra has a very stiff pose for catgirl. Or is Star Wars vintage look more appealing to collectors still, they are not even to scale with those?
    QFT. Ugh. Even as a kid I remember being upset that Batman figures (kenner) had such limited articulation. Anything that didnt move like a gi joe (ARAH) or at least TMNT was disapointing. MOTU was cool since the legs moved freely and they had action features.

I'm assuming these are now sold out as they are no longer up for preorder.
    Last edited by depp76; October 13, 2018 at 09:07am.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I'm assuming these are now sold out as they are no longer up for preorder.
    Not sold out, the preorder was only up for NYCC weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Not sold out, the preorder was only up for NYCC weekend.
    Ahhh ok gotcha.

She-Ra & The Princesses of Power Toys

I cannot believe this was not on the front page day one. I have not seen it mentioned anywhere. So heck, here's a thread. I can never seem to upload photos here using the normal thread tool so here's the best I can do with photobuckt: (looks like it worked)

I can already hear the detractors and it's not happend yet but I'm already tired of it.

Sculpt is accurate so I like that. It's interesting it's the vintage style of like 6 point articulation. Anyone know anything else about this? Just 2 figure "one shot" and there will be a real line, or the rest (if there is rest) will be like this, or what? I can find almost literally no information about these or a toyline based on Netflix's new show at all.