Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Super7 Ultimate Edition Club Grayskull He-Man and Skeletor - arrival and discussion

Quote Originally Posted by zelu1984 View Post
    it's a fair point and next time I would try to "fake" it better but I followed the size/shape of the sculpted eyes Maybe if there was less eye shadow it would look better
    I think the " white" under the iris is making it a bit off, a bit bigger iris maybe?

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    I think the " white" under the iris is making it a bit off, a bit bigger iris maybe?

you guys are a tough crowd to please BUT I really appreciate it! I'm making changes with your feedback to see how it looks

you guys are a tough crowd to please BUT I really appreciate it! I'm making changes with your feedback to see how it looks
    Oh I'm all in to what my fellow enthusiast makes them happy... Just pitching in some observation since somebody commented like she is sleepy or under meds... i remembered my ultimate teela that I once owned, i really like it because all the heads included had eyes that have no white under the iris/ pupils and that made that teela nice.

Personally, when my She-Ra eventually arrives, she will retain her looks, fingers crossed I won't get any lemons.

Just adding in this thread that I posted my review of He-Man on my site (and channel - vid is embedded). I was surprised with how different the figure was from the first release from Mattel. I really thought, when ordering, we'd be getting practically the same figure but with the shiny plastic and maybe a slightly different head.
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

I got my set today and all good apart from She-Ra! The paint job was very bad so I had to repaint her! She is such a let down imo
    https://i.ibb.co/phRq0nz/sherra11.jpg
    ammonia breathing side effects
    Looks beautiful. Also 100% proof positive that the sculpt was accurate, just the paint apps on the eyes were done incorrectly! They were stamped too high, and too far apart. Above on the right is closer to what we should have received.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerternia View Post
    Just adding in this thread that I posted my review of He-Man on my site (and channel - vid is embedded). I was surprised with how different the figure was from the first release from Mattel. I really thought, when ordering, we'd be getting practically the same figure but with the shiny plastic and maybe a slightly different head.
    Love the review, thanks

Court Magician
    I can't bring myself to open the S7 He-Man...the Mattel one is my pick out of the 2 but the packaging is soooo good

Quote Originally Posted by djmajin View Post
    I can't bring myself to open the S7 He-Man...the Mattel one is my pick out of the 2 but the packaging is soooo good
    https://i.imgur.com/qOxpNX7.jpg
    Why does your Mattel He-Man look so detailed? Did you paint/shade it? This is what I wanted from the start, I wanted something shaded more like McFarlane toys or Necas.

Court Magician
    I coated it with this

It works better than the spray in my opinion since you can brush on the parts you want only and make some parts thicker than others

https://i.imgur.com/qOxpNX7.jpg
    Is that a custom left-hand sculpt on your He-Man?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

I coated it with this
    https://www.joann.com/on/demandware....6/16447591.jpg
    It works better than the spray in my opinion since you can brush on the parts you want only and make some parts thicker than others
    Ahhhh. I have to track this stuff down online! We don't have it here in the U.S. stores. Thanks!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Is that a custom left-hand sculpt on your He-Man?
    yes they are, its these

https://www.shapeways.com/product/H2...ionId=41194867

I got my set today and all good apart from She-Ra! The paint job was very bad so I had to repaint her! She is such a let down imo
    https://i.ibb.co/phRq0nz/sherra11.jpg
    ammonia breathing side effects
    Wow! that's how it was supposed to look out of package.
    Great job!

Nice!

Those look fantastic!

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, the additional white under is one of the best parts to me. If you look at the actual animation, the iris never goes to the bottom. i've repainted all my female Super 7 figures and it's a drastic improvement. Your paint job looks very animated, which is exactly how they should look on this line!

Heroic Warrior
    As a slight aside, does anyone know what episode the robotic He-Man head featured in?

Quote Originally Posted by Pygmalion View Post
    As a slight aside, does anyone know what episode the robotic He-Man head featured in?
    Season 1, Episode 3 - "Disappearing Act"

Quote Originally Posted by Pygmalion View Post
    I canít recall and itís bugging me because I just recently watched it. It was one of the first 5 episodes I want to say. I think Adam was trapped in a cave without the sword, so Robot He-Man was used to distract Skeletor so Orko could get Adam his sword.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Season 1, Episode 3 - "Disappearing Act"
    Thanks. You replied while I was typing my long-winded response out.

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Thanks. You replied while I was typing my long-winded response out.

Heroic Warrior
    Thank you, both! Weekend viewing...

Court Magician
    Is anyone else waiting on replacement figures for damaged product? I shipped back my damaged Ultimate He-Man, On the direction of Rudy from Super7. They received figure on March 4th, as of April 1st I had not heard anything from them. After emailing Rudy to question why I hadn’t heard back, his response was that it should ship out within the week. So again, this past Tuesday, April 9th, I emailed again questioning what the story was. Today I received this response:
    1BEEA6A2-D9F4-4BA3-94CF-E68EA896E119.jpeg
    This doesn’t seem like an acceptable answer to me. We give them the money for these at least six months in advance of any product, then when we receive damaged product we have to wait til all of there wholesale obligations are fulfilled? Just wondered if anyone else was experiencing something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by batz75 View Post
    Is anyone else waiting on replacement figures for damaged product? I shipped back my damaged Ultimate He-Man, On the direction of Rudy from Super7. They received figure on March 4th, as of April 1st I had not heard anything from them. After emailing Rudy to question why I hadnít heard back, his response was that it should ship out within the week. So again, this past Tuesday, April 9th, I emailed again questioning what the story was. Today I received this response:
    1BEEA6A2-D9F4-4BA3-94CF-E68EA896E119.jpeg
    This doesnít seem like an acceptable answer to me. We give them the money for these at least six months in advance of any product, then when we receive damaged product we have to wait til all of there wholesale obligations are fulfilled? Just wondered if anyone else was experiencing something similar?
    I still haven't had my original order shipped as the original package never left the US for some reason. I'm waiting on them tracking the parcel or if that fails shipping out my figures again. I assume they are not replacing any figures just in case they need to ship original orders pulled from CS stock? I'm not the least bit happy waiting nearly 6 weeks to just have my figures shipped (never mind receive them!) CG Wave 4 is definitely the last pre-order I'm doing direct with Super7 after this debacle.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I still haven't had my original order shipped as the original package never left the US for some reason. I'm waiting on them tracking the parcel or if that fails shipping out my figures again. I assume they are not replacing any figures just in case they need to ship original orders pulled from CS stock? I'm not the least bit happy waiting nearly 6 weeks to just have my figures shipped (never mind receive them!) CG Wave 4 is definitely the last pre-order I'm doing direct with Super7 after this debacle.

This is insane! And totally unacceptable!

matty4.jpg

So my order from BBTS arrived and I have to say that I'm quite disappointed with Super 7.

matty3.jpg

Opened one figure and upon popping it from the blister, the hairpiece flew off. Apart from the obviously weak adhesive, the paint on the interior was flaky. I'm also wondering why they used gray plastic for this.

matty2.jpg

The default head not only had a loose socket but it was also not centered to the neck. Here's why...

Also, more glue slop underneath.

matty1.jpg

Finally, his rubber diaper's junction is about to come apart and I don't know what glue to use to bring it back together. And why did they make the belt rubbery? Excessive waist movement will eventually do a number on the paint.

So, yeah, I am not a fan of this iteration. The plastic looks and feels waxy, his harness can't be removed, and even the insert was sticky from all the tape.

The joints are superb, though!