Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Super7 Ultimate Edition Club Grayskull He-Man and Skeletor - arrival and discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Seas View Post
    Attachment 120027

So my order from BBTS arrived and I have to say that I'm quite disappointed with Super 7.

Attachment 120028

Opened one figure and upon popping it from the blister, the hairpiece flew off. Apart from the obviously weak adhesive, the paint on the interior was flaky. I'm also wondering why they used gray plastic for this.

Attachment 120029

The default head not only had a loose socket but it was also not centered to the neck. Here's why...

Also, more glue slop underneath.

Attachment 120030

Finally, his rubber diaper's junction is about to come apart and I don't know what glue to use to bring it back together. And why did they make the belt rubbery? Excessive waist movement will eventually do a number on the paint.

So, yeah, I am not a fan of this iteration. The plastic looks and feels waxy, his harness can't be removed, and even the insert was sticky from all the tape.

The joints are superb, though!
    Maybe you could mod the hairpiece or his head to make the hair sit lower, and make it look less like a wig. Thatís a complaint of mine for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Seas View Post
    Attachment 120027

So my order from BBTS arrived and I have to say that I'm quite disappointed with Super 7.

Attachment 120028

Opened one figure and upon popping it from the blister, the hairpiece flew off. Apart from the obviously weak adhesive, the paint on the interior was flaky. I'm also wondering why they used gray plastic for this.

Attachment 120029

The default head not only had a loose socket but it was also not centered to the neck. Here's why...

Also, more glue slop underneath.

Attachment 120030

Finally, his rubber diaper's junction is about to come apart and I don't know what glue to use to bring it back together. And why did they make the belt rubbery? Excessive waist movement will eventually do a number on the paint.

So, yeah, I am not a fan of this iteration. The plastic looks and feels waxy, his harness can't be removed, and even the insert was sticky from all the tape.

The joints are superb, though!
    My neck peg was to the side as well. I don't get why they are stiff and not mobile like mattys. I shoved things in there to center the peg. This figures are crap.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by unclassified; April 18, 2019 at 07:26am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    Maybe you could mod the hairpiece or his head to make the hair sit lower, and make it look less like a wig. Thatís a complaint of mine for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hair comes off real easy. I was gonna lower mine but decided if I just sit it correctly it will be fine. But to lower it, pop the hair. Put sand paper down on a table and run the head back and forth til you have a even shave off the peg. Then glue it back on. I ripped all my hair off and reglued ut in correct place. Mine were all crooked. If super 7 quality don't got you looking forward to sinking a 1000 bucks on snake mountain then I don't know what will.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Hair comes off real easy. I was gonna lower mine but decided if I just sit it correctly it will be fine. But to lower it, pop the hair. Put sand paper down on a table and run the head back and forth til you have a even shave off the peg. Then glue it back on. I ripped all my hair off and reglued ut in correct place. Mine were all crooked. If super 7 quality don't got you looking forward to sinking a 1000 bucks on snake mountain then I don't know what will.
    I cannot believe the price tag on Snake Mountain... it's a lot to ask based on the craftsmanship that we've seen so far.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Opened up my Ultimate figs & She-Ra today. A bit of sloppy paint here & there but overall happy with them. All the He-Man heads look really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Artistix View Post
    Opened up my Ultimate figs & She-Ra today. A bit of sloppy paint here & there but overall happy with them. All the He-Man heads look really good.

https://i.imgur.com/n023EJ2.jpg
    Great pic! I am kicking myself now for not getting the Ultimates!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I cannot believe the price tag on Snake Mountain... it's a lot to ask based on the craftsmanship that we've seen so far.
    Totally agreed. If mattel I wouldn't even worry about it. S7 is practically scaring me away.

Quote Originally Posted by djmajin View Post
    I can't bring myself to open the S7 He-Man...the Mattel one is my pick out of the 2 but the packaging is soooo good
    https://i.imgur.com/qOxpNX7.jpg
    I want to do that to my Super 7 Ultimate. Did you just use the brush that came in the bottle?

Still no news of my wave 3 and ultimates here, but I'm not surprised and still ok. But i was able to snag an extra Ultimate He-Man, can't resist since the Ultimate He-Man is actually 3 characters and this will be Faker, that if it will be opened because the packaging is so cool.

Don't mind the shiny plastics, even the almost translucent tone of skin color, it is not noticeable.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; May 19, 2019 at 02:09am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Still no news of my wave 3 and ultimates here, but I'm not surprised and still ok. But i was able to snag an extra Ultimate He-Man, can't resist since the Ultimate He-Man is actually 3 characters and this will be Faker, that if it will be opened because the packaging is so cool.

Don't mind the shiny plastics, even the almost translucent tone of skin color, it is not noticeable.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8791a93577.jpg
    While everyone is talking about the end of classics, licensing issues, sdcc, powercon, I'm just getting CG wave 3...

Skeletor is just wow from the box.... love it...

By the power of Grayskull!!!!