Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DreamWorks unveils She-Ra and the Princesses of Power season 1 trailer

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    THIS. I have a really hard time watching TV shows or movies these days because of it. I am sorry, but I abhor the word 'inclusive.' I do not hate the idea of including everyone or giving everyone a voice, but I hate what it has come to mean in recent years. If I am talking to someone and they use that word I immediately check out of the conversation and write them off.

Heroic Warrior
    What does it mean that bow has two dads?

Gays?

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I already said there were examples of forced diversity and they have got more common in recent years a few pages back.

Stop trying to trick me with the HOTTEST man on the planet, Rockin! Seriously, can Chris Pratt be any hotter? I do not think so!!!

https://www.facebook.com/PrattPrattP...9138403603883/

*swoon*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Me personally I don't mind them all looking like different races, because it makes sense for people from different kingdoms to look ethnically different to eachother, so there's an actual realistic justification for it hear.
    That does not bother me. Making them look 'goofy' bothers me - LOL! The designs are just bad. Why, Frosta? WHY?!?
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder what he man would look in this style

This may just be the best page of this thread (minus the word 'inclusion').
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Heroic Warrior
    Stop trying to trick me with the HOTTEST man on the planet, Rockin! Seriously, can Chris Pratt be any hotter? I do not think so!!!

*swoon*
    This personally gets my engine revving.

Color me confused, what on Earth is that? Wonder Boy?!?

*swoon*

- - - Updated - - -

That does not bother me. Making them look 'goofy' bothers me - LOL! The designs are just bad. Why, Frosta? WHY?!?
    Meh only ones I don't like are Netossa's friend and Glimmer. Then again I don't exactly have a very high opinion on a lot of the classic designs.

Frost I have mixed feelings for Frosta, since she's by far the best of the original designs. So I'm not all that pleased with her new design in that regard. I do however think it's a good design in it's own right, very Avataresqe. And I can kind of understand from a worldbuilding aspect why they went with a more Inuit influence.

Heroic Warrior
    Swoonworthy, isn't it? #PrattAintGotAllThat!

Well, can't do Wonder Man. Marvel would sue, and you do not mess with the Mouse.

I'm having fun going back through the trailer and spotting all the new tropes I can see.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Yeah, no. I like my men buff, but I also like them with chest and facial hair Metrosexuals need not apply.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, no. I like my men buff, but I also like them with chest and facial hair Metrosexuals need not apply.
    * wipes brow

I almost thought you were going to use that bad, bad, bad word that starts with 'M' and ends with 'E' and has historically defined strong men with strong features that many, if not most, men have.

I was about to get triggered.

Totally Dyslexic
    Meh only ones I don't like are Netossa's friend and Glimmer. Then again I don't exactly have a very high opinion on a lot of the classic designs.

Frost I have mixed feelings for Frosta, since she's by far the best of the original designs. So I'm not all that pleased with her new design in that regard. I do however think it's a good design in it's own right, very Avataresqe. And I can kind of understand from a worldbuilding aspect why they went with a more Inuit influence.
    HA HA maybe you have an unknown issue with bigger body types

Sorry i couldīt resist. Iīm sure itīs just coincident...or not...sorry again kidding.

I watched the trailer now several times and iīm getting better at blending out the character designs.

I think if it wasnīt a She-Ra reboot i might like the show. All new characters and i would be less against it but most likely not watching either...

On to the things if seen:

* Glimmer seems to be jealous of Adora being named Princess of Power, she doesīt look happy when Bow is exited.

* On the round table beside Glimmer sits one of the guards but with a different vizor. She is wearing a helmet !!!!! Maybe thatīs her cousin Double Trouble?

* On the wall behind them we can see a stylized Netossa and Spinnarella each holding a unique shaped object. Above another character whom we havenīt seen, maybe there are easter eggs to be found???

* Scorpia can be seen on that huge tank. She had her own tank and kingdom in the FILMATION series.

Iīm sure there is more?!
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

The battle armour She-Ra and Swift wind look much better than the regular versions.
    I'm not happy that Adora let everybody know that she is She-Ra.
    So do the Horde know too?
    The trailer looks ok, still wish we got something more like 200X He-Man.
    I'll give it a watch but sadly I'm not excited for it.
    He Man has had a movie and 2 cartoon series after the filmation series and I always wanted She-Ra to have her turn...Now after all these years of wanting it I'm kind of disappointed and not excited anymore so I feel let down.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

Quote Originally Posted by Xena-She-Ra View Post
    The battle armour She-Ra and Swift wind look much better than the regular versions.
    I'm not happy that Adora let everybody know that she is She-Ra.
    So do the Horde know too?
    The trailer looks ok, still wish we got something more like 200X He-Man.
    I'll give it a watch but sadly I'm not excited for it.
    He Man has had a movie and 2 cartoon series after the filmation series and I always wanted She-Ra to have her turn...Now after all these years of wanting it I'm kind of disappointed and not excited anymore so I feel let down.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    It looks as though Catra finds put. And she does make that Princess comment after a edit cut from shocking Adora.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    HA HA maybe you have an unknown issue with bigger body types

Sorry i couldīt resist. Iīm sure itīs just coincident...or not...sorry again kidding.

I watched the trailer now several times and iīm getting better at blending out the character designs.

I think if it wasnīt a She-Ra reboot i might like the show. All new characters and i would be less against it but most likely not watching either...

On to the things if seen:

* Glimmer seems to be jealous of Adora being named Princess of Power, she doesīt look happy when Bow is exited.

* On the round table beside Glimmer sits one of the guards but with a different vizor. She is wearing a helmet !!!!! Maybe thatīs her cousin Double Trouble?

* On the wall behind them we can see a stylized Netossa and Spinnarella each holding a unique shaped object. Above another character whom we havenīt seen, maybe there are easter eggs to be found???

* Scorpia can be seen on that huge tank. She had her own tank and kingdom in the FILMATION series.

Iīm sure there is more?!
    If you slowdown the video Adora's punching bag actually has a poster with a demonic depiction of Queen Angela on it.
    Last edited by A Dalek; October 4, 2018 at 07:46pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow. A lot of stuff to unpack.

Firstly, was there any news on toys from Mattel? The Super7 figures are extremely overpriced for what they are. I'm hoping that Mattel is still releasing some toys which will be available at retail. I saw someone mention something about "rooted hair", but I wasn't sure of the context.

The reimagined character designs all look good to me. There seems to be quite a heavy Avatar: The Last Airbender / Korra influence which I personally don't mind. My favourite of all of the new reveals is probably Mermista. She looks like a "warrior" version of Princess Jasmine!

The trailer also looked good. I'm glad that they're doing away with the secret identity aspect. It never made a lot of sense in the original series since Adora didn't really have a family / home to protect.

It all looks good to me. Different, but good. I am very much looking forward to watching the new series once its released on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Wow. A lot of stuff to unpack.

Firstly, was there any news on toys from Mattel? The Super7 figures are extremely overpriced for what they are. I'm hoping that Mattel is still releasing some toys which will be available at retail. I saw someone mention something about "rooted hair", but I wasn't sure of the context.

The reimagined character designs all look good to me. There seems to be quite a heavy Avatar: The Last Airbender / Korra influence which I personally don't mind.
    My favourite of all of the new reveals is probably Mermista. She looks like a "warrior" version of Princess Jasmine!

The trailer also looked good. I'm glad that they're doing away with the secret identity aspect. It never made a lot of sense in the original series since Adora didn't really have a family / home to protect.

It all looks good to me. Different, but good. I am very much looking forward to watching the new series once its released on Netflix.
    I'm glad someone else said that. There's definitely an influence there.

I think you might have art and animation mixed up.

You're right, the art is awful, the animation is so-so. Nothing to get excited over.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    This personally gets my engine revving.
    O/T - Although not to my personal taste, that Wonder Boy fits with the crazy costume design aesthetic of the Legion of Superheroes.

Who can forget Cosmic Boy's speedos and bustier costume: http://www.ultimatecomiccon.com/comi...hero-costumes/

The extra long sleeve does seem likely to get in the way of superheroics though. At least he has a single shoulder strap to hold his costume up, as opposed to Wonder Woman herself who has to spend half the battle hoiking her bodice back up to prevent any nipple slippage.

Umm, I think this looks bloody amazing.
    Last edited by Krueger; October 4, 2018 at 09:19pm.

Well, I got a sore forehead after watching this! Who knew facepalming so much could make your head this sore??

Oh, I LOVE this! This could bring me back to MOTU! Feels so fresh and exciting! Sooo promising!

I think the story teaser sounds really cool. And I like all the different the designs (well, for the most part); way better than the stills.

I am just a little sad that so few people seem to share my excitement here

What can I say? Netflix is truly the gift that just keeps on giving! The trailer is miraculously far better than I anticipated and I couldn't be happier. Catra and Shadow Weaver are my favorites! I think that with this show Netflix/DreamWorks is targeting millennials and their nostalgic parents. I'm very much satisfied with what I've seen so far. I've enjoyed ThunderCats 2011, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Rick and Morty, Phineas and Ferb, Young Justice, American Dragon and Kim Possible. I think that She-Ra is going to be quite an enjoyable ride.