Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1329

Thread: MotU Mega Construx master list

Quote Originally Posted by Okro View Post
    Not really. MCX is all I have now. I sold my complete 80’s collection for my wedding in 2000. Then, jumped into the classics years later. Unfortunately, I had to sell that to keep my house due to the banking collapse. I just started collecting these for the nostalgia and the size.
    I'm a big fan of this line. I'm all for any ideas people have for being able to purchase more individual figures. But I'm more partial to some ideas than others.

I personally loved a couple of ideas people have of doing more "skulls" with individual figures and maybe other items. Especially like the idea of the skulls getting replaced with buildable Grayskull walls or Snake Mountain terrain. Stuff like that would make guys like me want the packaging as much or more than the figure inside.
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    If your business model for MotU is superior, send in your resume to Marc Bertrand.
    This will not work. He left Mega when he sold it to Mattel in 2014.
    https://ca.linkedin.com/in/marc-bertrand-4310a816

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I then say that hurts kids that are hoping to collect.
    Dice, you're really out of touch with what kids like.
    Kids born in the 2010s like blind bags, and I'm having trouble finding evidence that any like He-Man (outside of adult collectors' kids).

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    Kids born in the 2010s like blind bags, and I'm having trouble finding evidence that any like He-Man (outside of adult collectors' kids).
    OK, I'll admit, my 4 kids are mostly grown. But I'd like to hope one day kids might want He-man stuff. I've openly said I'm not familiar with very many products that come in blind bags. So you could easily be correct.

But what I'm hearing here is that no one really wants "blind bags". They want the price of blind bags with codes on them so that they can buy what they want, the same as me, for a cheaper price. Cheating the system basically. Anyone can cheat, I get that, but not everyone knows how.
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Heroic Warrior
    OK, I'll admit, my 4 kids are mostly grown. But I'd like to hope one day kids might want He-man stuff. I've openly said I'm not familiar with very many products that come in blind bags. So you could easily be correct.

But what I'm hearing here is that no one really wants "blind bags". They want the price of blind bags with codes on them so that they can buy what they want, the same as me, for a cheaper price. Cheating the system basically. Anyone can cheat, I get that, but not everyone knows how.
    I agree. Bags are fine, just let me see what's inside without needing a code, a phone or some other tool or information in order to cheat the system. Just show me what's in there. Cheaper packaging with bags would be great for this line, because the MOC appeal for figures isn't very high imo, as the packaging has varied so much over the years. But being able to buy multiples of the figures is a VERY big part of this line, and I don't think I'm the only one. But I cannot buy multiples of one of my favorites (Webstor), because he comes with a $321 set. I'd really like a cheaper option for acquiring multiple figures.

One problem with bags though is that some of the clips and even the hands are pretty weak and could break easily. I picked up one of my first release beast man figures and a tab on his bicep clip broke. I didn't touch it, I don't play with these, I just pose them and leave them, or I store them in a plastic tacklebox; each figure having its own cubby. Point being, this guy was taken care of, yet his arm band just fell off. If they were to use bags, they would need to improve plastic quality and or create some kind of extra precaution to insure no breakage.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; August 9, 2022 at 11:58am.

In case anyone wants some more Skeletor Skulls, I found the Trap Jaw one at a Ross for $5.99. I passed since I already bought a lot from Target when they were $5 weeks ago.

MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Heroic Warrior
    I don't want to come off rude or disrespectful, but kids like blind bags of properties that they already know, or that have some hype wave that their friends are riding. They aren't going to see MOTU blind bags and go nuts for them just because they are in a bag. And to my previous comment, breakage with Mega Construx will probably be a major issue with bags.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; August 19, 2022 at 11:22pm.

MotU Mega Construx master list

Only one word guesses.
    Who will be my first custom?
    Here’s a hint:

Last edited by Okro; August 14, 2022 at 06:34am.
    I like all the figs, except the ones I don't.

My WANT/TRADE LIST

Only one word guesses.
    Here’s a hint:
    My guess: Chopper!

MotU Mega Construx master list

My guess: Chopper!
    Nope! Ginzu-or

Took a few prints to get the head socket right (snap-in and not be loose). The pin size to fit the arm socket and allow proper movement wasn’t fun either. Just tweaking a bit more for aesthetics. Luckily, it opens the door for easy transitions for Clamful and Spiketor.
    Last edited by Okro; August 15, 2022 at 09:36am.

My WANT/TRADE LIST

Nope! Ginzu-or

Took a few prints to get the head socket right (snap-in and not be loose). The pin size to fit the arm socket and allow proper movement wasn’t fun either. Just tweaking a bit more for aesthetics. Luckily, it opens the door for easy transitions for Clamful and Spiketor.
    Looks good so far!

Heroic Warrior
    So, this is anecdotal, a friend of our family is a single mom with a first or second grader. Her husband passed away when the kid was really young (maybe 2 or 3). Neither parent was in any way a toy collector. The son saw reviews of figures on youtube and now he races to the toy section to see if there are any new figures when they go to Target and Walmart. So, while I can't say a ton of kids are like this, I know not every kid that wants them has toy collector parents.

Heroic Warrior
    I got a shipping notice for my SDCC Grayskull set. Did anyone else get theirs or even ordered one?

Double check the name I mean
    By the Power of Grayskull! Building Set

Quote Originally Posted by SVantley View Post
    I got a shipping notice for my SDCC Grayskull set. Did anyone else get theirs or even ordered one?

Double check the name I mean
    By the Power of Grayskull! Building Set
    I got my shipping notice, as well! Although it’s a little frivolous, I really love this little set!

Heroic Warrior
    Got my shipping notice for Snake Mountain! I was not expecting this until November! SWEET!!!

Got my shipping notice too - the pre-order said shipping August 31, I thought, so this is good news, and uncharacteristically efficient for Mattel!
    =====================
    Selling my CLASSICS collection HERE
    Selling Classics Castle Grayskull HERE
    Looking for MEGA Construx HEROES wave 4 Man-at-Arms (moustache) and wave 5 Stratos & Scareglow
    Looking for MEGA Construx MOTU wave 1 Moss Man and wave 2 Fisto and Stinkor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by loolar View Post
    Got my shipping notice too - the pre-order said shipping August 31, I thought, so this is good news, and uncharacteristically efficient for Mattel!
    For the SDCC set or Snake Mountain?

Am I the only one who got a SM shipping notice? I figured there would be a pretty big commotion about that in here, but it doesn't look like anyone else got the notification.

No notice here and I really didn’t like the set. But, I am a completist.

I saw it as wasted bricks and redecos. Knowing this series is geared to collectors this was very gimmicky and quite honestly chunky. It would have been better with a flipping Grayskull door so you don’t have to have curtain to hide things. Even an attachment like Point Dread with this action would have been better. *shrug

I probably won’t build it and just pull out the figs.

My WANT/TRADE LIST

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post

Am I the only one who got a SM shipping notice? I figured there would be a pretty big commotion about that in here, but it doesn't look like anyone else got the notification.
    The pre-order listing said (and still says) August 31st for both. I have not gotten shipping notices yet for either of them. My Wun-Dar shipped a few days after everyone else's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post

My notice was for Snake Mountain; I didn't buy the SDCC set as it seemed too gimmicky and I didn't like the "cartoon shading" decos which looked more like "laxative accident" decos.
    =====================
    Selling my CLASSICS collection HERE
    Selling Classics Castle Grayskull HERE
    Looking for MEGA Construx HEROES wave 4 Man-at-Arms (moustache) and wave 5 Stratos & Scareglow
    Looking for MEGA Construx MOTU wave 1 Moss Man and wave 2 Fisto and Stinkor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    The pre-order listing said (and still says) August 31st for both. I have not gotten shipping notices yet for either of them. My Wun-Dar shipped a few days after everyone else's as well.
    I wonder when it changed. I was not expecting it until November based on what was shown somewhere.

!!! After months (?? a YEAR or better?) of gross inactivity, my local Fred Meyer store got in an extremely fresh case of Skeletor Skulls, the one with Trap Jaw/Laser Cannon x2, Zodac/Scubattack x2, and Zombie He-Man/Horde Pit x2! Was I surprised! 8^o This should probably be occurring across the chain's Northwest-U.S. stores...
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

I wonder if they are still making more skulls then or if these were old stock found in some cargo ship that was delayed during the whole covid backlog?
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Only one word guesses.
    Here’s a hint:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...48043fb021.jpg
    Nice man.. that's great

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    I wonder if they are still making more skulls then or if these were old stock found in some cargo ship that was delayed during the whole covid backlog?
    Must be new, as the Slime Pit He-Man is new! That skull has never hit stores, to my knowledge.