Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: MotU Mega Construx master list

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    Actually, this is toy version of Trap Jaw, we have had the Filmation and mini-comic color versions released. I prefer the toy colors over other decos.

I am a little frustrated that we are getting toy accurate Ram Man and Trap Jaw as well as Webster with Snake Mountain because I would love multiples as those are some of my favorite characters and having them in the most expensive set means I will most likely only get 1 of each.

While the Mega MOTU vehicle/creature builds have been spectacular, the figures are the best of all. I wish Mega would see that and give us blind bags and more single carded figures for MOTU. My biggest wish is for toy deco figures in sets of the year the vintage figures were released - similar to something like class of 198X.

Seems a shame as I would buy more Mega products if it was not just Halo, Pokťmon, or COD. To think at their peek, they were doing Aliens, Game of Thrones, Predator, Star Trek, Terminator, and TMNT also.
    Yeah, I'd be happy with more figures over playsets and vehicles. I like them all, but the characters are what interests me most.

Heroic Warrior
    I've said it before, but maybe at least one designer is reading:

Cheapest new characters:
    Orko (new parts already paid for)
    Ninjor (fur loins, Skeletor limbs, new tunic on standard torso? CoD masked head? Weapons already exist)
    Clamp Champ (new head, ? new pieces to build the clamp)
    King Randor + Jitsu (2 new heads, 1 new armor, new forearm)

After that they could go for Buzz-Off/Clawful/Whiplash, the last group of vintage MotU who shared parts.

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    I've said it before, but maybe at least one designer is reading:

Cheapest new characters:
    Orko (new parts already paid for)
    Ninjor (fur loins, Skeletor limbs, new tunic on standard torso? CoD masked head? Weapons already exist)
    Clamp Champ (new head, ? new pieces to build the clamp)
    King Randor + Jitsu (2 new heads, 1 new armor, new forearm)

After that they could go for Buzz-Off/Clawful/Whiplash, the last group of vintage MotU who shared parts.
    Am I right in thinking there'd be a decent amount of part re-use if they were to do Kobra Khan too? Don't remember his figure too well, but I think they'd just need a new torso and head? And maybe the same goes for Sy-Klone?

Everyone else is pretty new-parts-heavy. Guys like Mantenna and Leech would be so cool, but they'd be very much single-use for Mega, so I can understand why they wouldn't go for them.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    Am I right in thinking there'd be a decent amount of part re-use if they were to do Kobra Khan too? Don't remember his figure too well, but I think they'd just need a new torso and head? And maybe the same goes for Sy-Klone?

Everyone else is pretty new-parts-heavy. Guys like Mantenna and Leech would be so cool, but they'd be very much single-use for Mega, so I can understand why they wouldn't go for them.
    Kobra Khan has a unique torso and head with Skeletor arms and legs.
    Spikor has a unique torso, head, trident that would plug into the wrist hole and spiked club with He-Man's arms, legs and loincloth.
    Sy-Klone has fins on his forearms and rings around his forearms and the tops of his smooth boots.

Quote Originally Posted by d0od View Post
    Especially if they took the Origins line hint and added some army builders, like Horde Troopers and Eternian guards.
    I would buy multiples as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Pardon my ignorance, but being that these things are so small, cant you get quite a few new parts out of one tool? I'm guessing the answer is no, but I'm curious as to why.

Snake Mountain is coming up on Amazon US when searching/looking at MoTU stuff but when you click on the result to go the listing it says page not found. They have it listed at $320.99 (presumably MSRP) and say it starts shipping November 3rd.
    Last edited by d0od; July 5, 2022 at 08:32am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by d0od View Post
    Snake Mountain is coming up on Amazon US when searching/looking at MoTU stuff but when you click on the result to go the listing it says page not found. They have it listed at $320.99 (presumably MSRP) and is starts shipping November 3rd.
    I'll be skipping that I guess. What figures come with it?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I'll be skipping that I guess. What figures come with it?
    Thunder Punch He-Man
    Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    Evil Lyn
    Trap Jaw (Toy Colours)
    Ram Man
    Webstor
    Screech

There are pics of the figures on the previous page in this thread.

A couple more pics

Heroic Warrior
    Ah man that really suck. So I'm gonna ha e to be forced to spend that just to get these figures

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Looks like Grayskull is being re-released in the new box design. If anyone prefers the old box, get on it fast I guess. In the Facebook group they were saying it's the same set, except that there were different brick colors in previous releases. On version is light and the other darker. I don't know... was hard to parse out the information.

Heroic Warrior
    So Snake mountain will be a Mattel Creations exclusive? https://creations.mattel.com/pages/m...ail_source=MKT

Heroic Warrior
    Just received the email from Mattel Creations that they are offering Snake Mountain in 2 days - $321

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tmthor View Post
    So Snake mountain will be a Mattel Creations exclusive? https://creations.mattel.com/pages/m...ail_source=MKT
    I don't think it's exclusive since we have seen the link on Amazon.
    Mattel Creations sells other regular products so I assume it is just a new offering but not exclusive.
    It would be great if they offered the Advent Calendar on Mattel Creations
    Last edited by Powersword123; July 6, 2022 at 12:25pm.

God I hate Mattel.

This better be easy to get. Why would they turn this into scalper bait? Why would they change things so drastically with so little notice?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Just received the email from Mattel Creations that they are offering Snake Mountain in 2 days - $321

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it's exclusive since we have seen the link on Amazon.
    Mattel Creations sells other regular products so I assume it is just a new offering but not exclusive.
    It would be great if they offered the Advent Calendar on Mattel Creations
    I hope you are right. Why can't they COMMUNICATE with us at all? Why does Mattel make it so hard to buy their product? Tell us where and when it is going up for sale.

WHY????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    God I hate Mattel.

This better be easy to get. Why would they turn this into scalper bait? Why would they change things so drastically with so little notice?

- - - Updated - - -

I hope you are right. Why can't they COMMUNICATE with us at all? Why does Mattel make it so hard to buy their product? Tell us where and when it is going up for sale.
    EXACTLY! Is this an exclusive now? Is Mattel Creations the only place we will be able to buy this? I mean are we supposed to panic and fear that it will sell out in seconds like Wun-Dar? Some actual official information would be nice.

But whenever they have done the countdown clock thing, hasn't that always pertained to MC exclusives usually? I'm just worried now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    EXACTLY! Is this an exclusive now? Is Mattel Creations the only place we will be able to buy this? I mean are we supposed to panic and fear that it will sell out in seconds like Wun-Dar? Some actual official information would be nice.
    1000%

How are we supposed to react given what just happened with Wun-Dar, not to mention Power-Con last year and Mattycollector.com? We can't just assume they will go for sale up on Amazon, that the 'hidden' links are actually valid.

Why doesn't Josh Graham ever say anything about any of the MOTU lines to anyone at all?

I'm not panicking or anything. I'm just angry at Mattel.

Mattel pushed me out the door with Classics because of stuff like this. They could push me back out the door. I currently collect: Origins, Masterverse, Minis, Mega, and the CGI line too. I'm all in on all of it except the CGI line. Just let them know. I'm either all-in or all-out, and I can go back to being all-out like I was from 2012-2019. Just ask them if they can maybe communicate to their customers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    But whenever they have done the countdown clock thing, hasn't that always pertained to MC exclusives usually? I'm just worried now.
    Yes, it always has. Otherwise, why would there be a clock if you could buy it somewhere else? Maybe it'll still go up elsewhere... sheesh.

- - - Updated - - -

Also is there a limit? Are all the bots and scalpers going to get them? They probably didn't think they need a limit on something so expensive, but that line of thinking only applies to actual end user customers. Not to scalpers. If they can buy more, they will.
    Last edited by jibernish; July 6, 2022 at 01:26pm.

Oh zoar, it's on Mattel creations?! That's awful news if it means it's an exclusive!

That said, would retailers be getting updated product info (e.g., the new pics from the past week or so) if the product wasn't going to go to retail at all? Surely the hidden listings would just stay un-updated.

Plus, the hidden Amazon US listing still says a November 3rd release date (though the Amazon UK listing is now "we don't know if or when this item will be back in stock"). On Amazon UK the the packaging shot is also Europeanised with the translations on the box, if it was going to be a creations (which is US) exclusive, they wouldn't have done that?

So I'm going to believe Snake Mountain is getting a retail release, and that this Creations drop (as they're calling it) is just a 'get it early' type deal.

…I hope I'm right.
    Last edited by d0od; July 6, 2022 at 01:22pm.

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Looks like Grayskull is being re-released in the new box design. If anyone prefers the old box, get on it fast I guess. In the Facebook group they were saying it's the same set, except that there were different brick colors in previous releases. On version is light and the other darker. I don't know... was hard to parse out the information.

https://i.imgur.com/FLfrxNv.jpg
    Yeah, why would they change it? This new box art looks terrible in comparison.

Well, I wonít be spending $321 this week, thatís for sure. Iím going to spend my money on Mondo She-Ra. Hopefully Amazon will have it or, well, I probably wonít.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Well, I wonít be spending $321 this week, thatís for sure. Iím going to spend my money on Mondo She-Ra. Hopefully Amazon will have it or, well, I probably wonít.
    That exactly my thinking as well.

It's a dilemma for me... The only MOTU stuff I collect is Mega, and I absolutely need Snake Mountain, no question... but $320 equates to £268, and that's nearly £100 more than my Amazon Snake Mountain order is, looks like I locked in a price of £183 when I ordered it in April. So... do I jump now and pay more, or do I trust that Amazon will be able to fulfil my order in the fullness of time?

It really would be great if someone from Mattel could pop along and confirm this for us...
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Another thing that irks me, is that I get free shipping from Amazon. How much is this going to cost to ship from Mattel? It's complete disdain and disrespect for the customer on Mattel's part, to think we can just swallow that extra cost, when the item is $321 already.

I am leaning towards just not buying it at this point. Shipping would be $20-25? Plus tax. That's over $350.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Another thing that irks me, is that I get free shipping from Amazon. How much is this going to cost to ship from Mattel? It's complete disdain and disrespect for the customer on Mattel's part, to think we can just swallow that extra cost, when the item is $321 already.

I am leaning towards just not buying it at this point. Shipping would be $20-25? Plus tax. That's over $350.
    Yes, this. Amazon = free shipping. I'll probably hold out on buying this. I want it, and Mega is all I collect (other than Stratos stuff), so it'll be sad to not have it but I'm gonna have to play the odds that it shows up elsewhere, cheaper. Never had any luck buying directly from Mattel.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.