Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: MotU Mega Construx master list

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    The tragedy of Mega (Construx).

These 2-inch mini action figures are amazing toys. The MotU ones don't have ankle articulation, but there exist ones that DO, so these could potentially be better-articulated than Classics, minus the ab crunch (which messed up body armor anyway). They're far too small for most action features (the Man-E/Tri-Klops/Dylamug type excepted), but Classics didn't have those anyway. You can display 9+ in the same space taken up by each Classics figure. Not to mention the huge advantage for playsets and vehicles.

Yet it will probably be canceled soon, leaving even some low-cost vintage characters undone, let alone all-unique vintage designs and the huge and space-intensive Classics cast. Why?
    Maybe MotU is just a nostalgia brand, and not enough people born between '74 and '82 are interested in a new form factor. Maybe their roots in construction toys means the budget for new body parts will always be almost as stingy as Lego's (see: Mega Halo selling the same Spartan, Marine and 4 aliens over and over again). I don't know. But I'm sad.
    Though I would love it if Mega releases were more frequent, I think it's premature to worry about the death of the line yet. The upcoming release of Snake Mountain is extremely encouraging: it's a big set that's presumably going to be expensive to produce. Clearly the MOTU stuff sells well enough for Mega to continue making it.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic2099 View Post
    Pure speculation or actually based on something that MEGA have said?
    Not based on anything Mega have said, precisely because they say so little. And sometimes when they do, they delete it like the DB Skeletor/TP He-Man/Ram Man/Webstor/toy colors Trap Jaw/Yellow Evil-Lyn v2 reveals on the official website. When they do things like that without explanation, maybe the explanation is "Retailers didn't order enough Snake Mountains so it's canceled like the Advent Calendar"?

Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    Though I would love it if Mega releases were more frequent, I think it's premature to worry about the death of the line yet. The upcoming release of Snake Mountain is extremely encouraging: it's a big set that's presumably going to be expensive to produce. Clearly the MOTU stuff sells well enough for Mega to continue making it.
    Certainly the production of another $275 set would be extremely encouraging. If they can sell that, surely they can keep trickling out two construction sets (larger than a Skeletor skull) per year, which has been their pace to date (not counting SDCC, which just means Battle Bones as "Battle Labbit" is frivolous enough to ignore).

Hot off the presses - from Facebook via Instagram.

- - - Updated - - -

MotU Mega Construx master list

Great find!

Looks fantastic!!!

Almost looks like the Slim Pit would fit under the throne
    I like all the figs, except the ones I don't.

My WANT/TRADE LIST

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Oh man, I'm excited! Looks like the snake head will be able to move around a bit and attack some heroic warriors climbing the mountain.
    Hit me up on instagram @NickDoobsCreations

First impressions are I think it's pretty great! The figures look great too. Can't wait to get them.

Webstor's grappling hook even has the string! (from the box cover)

Not that I could afford it, but it'd be great to buy 2 of these and make a really tall mountain.
    Last edited by jibernish; July 1, 2022 at 12:29pm.

Can't wait, it looks absolutely fantastic. Hopefully we get a release date soon.

Just checked and the Amazon listing has been updated with the new promo shots. You can roll over the images on their site to get a better look at the details.
    Last edited by FitzChivalry; July 1, 2022 at 01:00pm.

That is amazing! So excited for this!

Thanks for posting!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior
    Aaah! Yes! Woohoo!

Yes! Looks amazing!

Heroic Warrior
    Does an Amazon link exist yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash109 View Post
    Does an Amazon link exist yet?
    Only from Amazon UK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09NZBVS...GTL4phaHSSoDc#

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks. I'll be keeping an eye out for the US link for sure.

I hit my local Target and verified the MC Skeletor Skulls are down to $5. I bought 2 He-man Jet Sled and 2 Trap Jaw Laser Cannon sets.

20220702TargetMCSSHaul.jpg

I wish Mega made more MOTU sets within the year. I see tons of Halo and Pokemon items and wish MOTU had more available to buy.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Don't like that price, since I got to buy 2. But really can't complain, when I got 2 castles cheap when no one cared about the line. But still 600 compared to 200 hurts.
    just hold out. theywillgo on sale eventually. Buy one right away and then hold out for a second one
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    The inside looks great. The outside is decent--a little too cluttered looking. But still pretty awesome.

We definitely did not need another Evil-Lyn, and not really a Trap Jaw either. I would rather have seen a couple more unmade characters.

Ram Man and Webstor look great though!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Daddy Bo-Hog View Post
    The inside looks great. The outside is decent--a little too cluttered looking. But still pretty awesome.

We definitely did not need another Evil-Lyn, and not really a Trap Jaw either. I would rather have seen a couple more unmade characters.
    Presumably their parts budget for figures is just that tight. You'd think they could do Ninjor with just one new part, since they already have his weapons from Leonardo, Michelangelo and the Call of Duty archer.

Widget
    Gotta love this thread. We go from getting news/updates and everyone being excited to people already finding things to whine about less than 24hrs later.

wow wow and wow . it looks great!

is the removable wolf totem a nod to the microphone that came with the vintage toy snake mountain?

I'm not sure there's anything else they could've added (bar some of my wish-list mini figures that they didn't have the budget to do). for me, it's got everything. all of the action features sounds great. I wasn't expecting the coiled snake to be pose-able so that's awesome. looks like it's gonna be a complex build too!

Quote Originally Posted by King Daddy Bo-Hog View Post

Ram Man and Webstor look great though!
    Actually, this is toy version of Trap Jaw, we have had the Filmation and mini-comic color versions released. I prefer the toy colors over other decos.

I am a little frustrated that we are getting toy accurate Ram Man and Trap Jaw as well as Webster with Snake Mountain because I would love multiples as those are some of my favorite characters and having them in the most expensive set means I will most likely only get 1 of each.

While the Mega MOTU vehicle/creature builds have been spectacular, the figures are the best of all. I wish Mega would see that and give us blind bags and more single carded figures for MOTU. My biggest wish is for toy deco figures in sets of the year the vintage figures were released - similar to something like class of 198X.

Seems a shame as I would buy more Mega products if it was not just Halo, Pokémon, or COD. To think at their peek, they were doing Aliens, Game of Thrones, Predator, Star Trek, Terminator, and TMNT also.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    While the Mega MOTU vehicle/creature builds have been spectacular, the figures are the best of all. I wish Mega would see that and give us blind bags and more single carded figures for MOTU. My biggest wish is for toy deco figures in sets of the year the vintage figures were released - similar to something like class of 198X.
    Especially if they took the Origins line hint and added some army builders, like Horde Troopers and Eternian guards.

Quote Originally Posted by d0od View Post
    Especially if they took the Origins line hint and added some army builders, like Horde Troopers and Eternian guards.
    Gotta say, that does seem like a really easy money-spinner for them. I think we'd all buy multiples!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    Gotta say, that does seem like a really easy money-spinner for them. I think we'd all buy multiples!
    Of course we would!
    This is also how they sell so many Halo figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic2099 View Post
    Gotta love this thread. We go from getting news/updates and everyone being excited to people already finding things to whine about less than 24hrs later.
    If you consider these comments "whining" then you don't know these forums very well lol.