Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
Results 1,151 to 1,155 of 1155

Thread: MotU Mega Construx master list

Quote Originally Posted by Okro View Post
    Not really. MCX is all I have now. I sold my complete 80s collection for my wedding in 2000. Then, jumped into the classics years later. Unfortunately, I had to sell that to keep my house due to the banking collapse. I just started collecting these for the nostalgia and the size.
    I'm a big fan of this line. I'm all for any ideas people have for being able to purchase more individual figures. But I'm more partial to some ideas than others.

I personally loved a couple of ideas people have of doing more "skulls" with individual figures and maybe other items. Especially like the idea of the skulls getting replaced with buildable Grayskull walls or Snake Mountain terrain. Stuff like that would make guys like me want the packaging as much or more than the figure inside.
    It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Okro View Post
    If your business model for MotU is superior, send in your resume to Marc Bertrand.
    This will not work. He left Mega when he sold it to Mattel in 2014.
    https://ca.linkedin.com/in/marc-bertrand-4310a816

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I then say that hurts kids that are hoping to collect.
    Dice, you're really out of touch with what kids like.
    Kids born in the 2010s like blind bags, and I'm having trouble finding evidence that any like He-Man (outside of adult collectors' kids).

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    Dice, you're really out of touch with what kids like.
    Kids born in the 2010s like blind bags, and I'm having trouble finding evidence that any like He-Man (outside of adult collectors' kids).
    OK, I'll admit, my 4 kids are mostly grown. But I'd like to hope one day kids might want He-man stuff. I've openly said I'm not familiar with very many products that come in blind bags. So you could easily be correct.

But what I'm hearing here is that no one really wants "blind bags". They want the price of blind bags with codes on them so that they can buy what they want, the same as me, for a cheaper price. Cheating the system basically. Anyone can cheat, I get that, but not everyone knows how.
    It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    OK, I'll admit, my 4 kids are mostly grown. But I'd like to hope one day kids might want He-man stuff. I've openly said I'm not familiar with very many products that come in blind bags. So you could easily be correct.

But what I'm hearing here is that no one really wants "blind bags". They want the price of blind bags with codes on them so that they can buy what they want, the same as me, for a cheaper price. Cheating the system basically. Anyone can cheat, I get that, but not everyone knows how.
    I agree. Bags are fine, just let me see what's inside without needing a code, a phone or some other tool or information in order to cheat the system. Just show me what's in there. Cheaper packaging with bags would be great for this line, because the MOC appeal for figures isn't very high imo, as the packaging has varied so much over the years. But being able to buy multiples of the figures is a VERY big part of this line, and I don't think I'm the only one. But I cannot buy multiples of one of my favorites (Webstor), because he comes with a $321 set. I'd really like a cheaper option for acquiring multiple figures.

One problem with bags though is that some of the clips and even the hands are pretty weak and could break easily. I picked up one of my first release beast man figures and a tab on his bicep clip broke. I didn't touch it, I don't play with these, I just pose them and leave them, or I store them in a plastic tacklebox; each figure having its own cubby. Point being, this guy was taken care of, yet his arm band just fell off. If they were to use bags, they would need to improve plastic quality and or create some kind of extra precaution to insure no breakage.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; Yesterday at 11:58am.