Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: MotU Mega Construx master list

Donít forget the UK characters have an accent too.
    I like all the figs, except the ones I don't.

My WANT/TRADE LIST

Funny how I was all set to buy it at $299 from Amazon with free shipping. And now, especially if I have to buy it on MattelCreations, I'm not even going to buy it at all.

And while we don't know if it'll show up on Amazon or anywhere else, I'm assuming I'd have to pay about $20 in shipping from Mattel. With tax, and the price having gone up from $299 to $321 (which was never an official price), that's an extra $45.

I just looked this up, about Mattel's profits and if they really needed to bump up the price that much:

Mattel gross profit for the twelve months ending March 31, 2022 was $2.698B, a 12.42% increase year-over-year. Mattel annual gross profit for 2021 was $2.627B, a 17.1% increase from 2020. Mattel annual gross profit for 2020 was $2.243B, a 13.44% increase from 2019.

So they can quit whining about inflation. Doesn't seem to be hurting them very much. They just expect us to absorb the 'excess' cost completely. In fact, they are not even bothered if we have to pay more than the $321 with their lack of concern over the scalper/bot situation. They don't care if we have to pay $500-600 or more for the item.

I'd still pay the price if I liked Mattel at all and felt like it was a decent relationship (assuming I could get one). But the Wun-Dar situation has really, really soured me. Not only the fast sellout, cancelling the 2nd round of orders, but the lack of communication on whether or not they will rectify the situation. Add to that, this surprise revelation that Snake Mountain is on sale on MattelCreations, with no word (so far) of it being available anywhere else, and I'm tired of being tossed around by Mattel. Respect my time and money Mattel.

Unless I get some good news from Mattel, they can sit on my Snake Mountain.
    Last edited by jibernish; July 6, 2022 at 04:17pm.

This is just awful news. Why Mattel? Why?
    Hit me up on instagram @NickDoobsCreations

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Funny how I was all set to buy it at $299 from Amazon with free shipping. And now, especially if I have to buy it on MattelCreations, I'm not even going to buy it at all.

And while we don't know if it'll show up on Amazon or anywhere else, I'm assuming I'd have to pay about $20 in shipping from Mattel. With tax, and the price having gone up from $299 to $321 (which was never an official price), that's an extra $45.

I just looked this up, about Mattel's profits and if they really needed to bump up the price that much:

Mattel gross profit for the twelve months ending March 31, 2022 was $2.698B, a 12.42% increase year-over-year. Mattel annual gross profit for 2021 was $2.627B, a 17.1% increase from 2020. Mattel annual gross profit for 2020 was $2.243B, a 13.44% increase from 2019.

So they can quit whining about inflation. Doesn't seem to be hurting them very much. They just expect us to absorb the 'excess' cost completely. In fact, they are not even bothered if we have to pay more than the $321 with their lack of concern over the scalper/bot situation. They don't care if we have to pay $500-600 or more for the item.

I'd still pay the price if I liked Mattel at all and felt like it was a decent relationship (assuming I could get one). But the Wun-Dar situation has really, really soured me. Not only the fast sellout, cancelling the 2nd round of orders, but the lack of communication on whether or not they will rectify the situation. Add to that, this surprise revelation that Snake Mountain is on sale on MattelCreations, with no word (so far) of it being available anywhere else, and I'm tired of being tossed around by Mattel. Respect my time and money Mattel.

Unless I get some good news from Mattel, they can sit on my Snake Mountain.
    I am wondering if it is going there because no retailer wanted it

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    This is just awful news. Why Mattel? Why?
    I wouldn't be surprised if it goes up on Amazon still. But them not telling us is what really has me upset.

Maybe Deep Discount will get it in

Quote Originally Posted by tmthor View Post
    I am wondering if it is going there because no retailer wanted it
    That's possible. Amazon wants it because they put up listings for it. But maybe no one else did. If that's the case, do the ethical thing and stop withholding information that will allow your customers to make a good purchasing decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Maybe Deep Discount will get it in
    I hope so, but I kinda doubt it. They have always had their listings up early - earlier than just about everyone else. And they have discounted their MOTU products very heavily lately, so they may have soured a bit on MOTU. Just conjecture on my part. I hope they do carry it.

I hope so, but I kinda doubt it. They have always had their listings up early - earlier than just about everyone else. And they have discounted their MOTU products very heavily lately, so they may have soured a bit on MOTU. Just conjecture on my part. I hope they do carry it.
    They have always had things up early. Hmmm. Well, if it doesnít sell, itíll be on discount somewhere. I think that, since they have redesigned the Grayskull box as well, this will probably be around for a while.

Of course, now that I said it out loudÖ

I just canít spend the moola right now. She-Ra and my trip to PowerCon are my priorities for the next 2 months.

They have always had things up early. Hmmm. Well, if it doesnít sell, itíll be on discount somewhere. I think that, since they have redesigned the Grayskull box as well, this will probably be around for a while.

Of course, now that I said it out loudÖ

I just canít spend the moola right now. She-Ra and my trip to PowerCon are my priorities for the next 2 months.
    I think you have your priorities straight I think Snake Mountain probably will hang around a bit like you said - but I could be wrong.

Heroic Warrior
    That's possible. Amazon wants it because they put up listings for it. But maybe no one else did. If that's the case, do the ethical thing and stop withholding information that will allow your customers to make a good purchasing decision.

- - - Updated - - -

I was wondering if maybe Amazon was the only one who said yes (hard to believe that Entertainment earth or BBTS said no)......but did not want to buy it all as an exclusive.....but maybe the retail release will be different and come with less or different mini figs. (If I want to put on my tin foil hat I would say this is a special "sell out quick" to make the retail one sell fast so no one has to discount it)

We should all just strike and not buy it from Mattel Creations lol.

Good news, maybe?

Someone asked Mattel on Twitter if it was an exclusive and they replied:

"It will be available on Mattel Creations first and available at retail at a later date."
    Last edited by d0od; July 6, 2022 at 05:48pm. Reason: bolded

Iím tired of all the weird first-to-market weirdness. F2M makes sense with a retailer but, making F2M deals with your own company is weird. Maybe not, I donít know.

Quote Originally Posted by tmthor View Post
    Ö(If I want to put on my tin foil hat I would say this is a special "sell out quick" to make the retail one sell fast so no one has to discount it)
    I think youíre right. It feels like a ploy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I like this 100%.

Heroic Warrior
    They should sell this as a package deal with Wun-Dar, would probably do better.

If it's not exactly an exclusive, I guess I don't see the issue with Mattel selling it through their own website first especially if it's, well, their product. This just seems like one of those things where if you don't mind being patient, you can acquire it via other retailers at a later date, so... the more options to purchase, the better? Gives everyone a chance, etc. But I do think the email blast could have explained that... they're never terribly forthcoming with actual details that consumers would want to know in advance.
    Looking for any specific Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

I’m tired of all the weird first-to-market weirdness. F2M makes sense with a retailer but, making F2M deals with your own company is weird. Maybe not, I don’t know.
    Especially when we'll get it in hand first from retail and not the friggin company themselves. Works out that way all the time.

Also they can shove their day and a half notice up their butts. I just spent 4 grand on 2 guitars yesterday. If mattel would have given heads up, I would have gotten one later, since I got to buy 2 mountains.

I'm kind of on the side of the fence of wait and see if thus comes out somewhere else. I really dont want to give mattel 100% of the price with how they act

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    If it's not exactly an exclusive, I guess I don't see the issue with Mattel selling it through their own website first especially if it's, well, their product. This just seems like one of those things where if you don't mind being patient, you can acquire it via other retailers at a later date, so... the more options to purchase, the better? Gives everyone a chance, etc. But I do think the email blast could have explained that... they're never terribly forthcoming with actual details that consumers would want to know in advance.
    I guess Iím used to Hasbro waiting months to send stuff from their website until all their retailers have it or offer it for sale. Thatís why I stopped buying on pulse. I used to be all ďwhy canít you just sell your own productĒ then they started and, well, that doesnít work out too well.

So, I guess these day Iím just confused. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Especially when we'll get it in hand first from retail and not the friggin company themselves. Works out that way all the time.
    This. Totally.

If it's a MattelCreations exclusive, I'm passing. I will be more than happy though to buy it from AMAZON or even BBTS.

I'm not buying it from Mattel Creations. I hope they sell less than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I'm in with you. Not gonna buy from Mattel. Maybe I'll pick it up later from Amazon. And they better not reduce the figure selection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post

Also they can shove their day and a half notice up their butts. I just spent 4 grand on 2 guitars yesterday. If mattel would have given heads up, I would have gotten one later, since I got to buy 2 mountains.

I'm kind of on the side of the fence of wait and see if thus comes out somewhere else. I really dont want to give mattel 100% of the price with how they act
    I'm with you too on this. I never thought I'd see the day when I wanted to give Amazon my money over someone else, but here we are.

- - - Updated - - -

Mattel all acting like the mafia or something, like they are a cartel.

I am just going to sit here and panic over a countdown on a website for a toy release Iíve been wanting for years. Better yet, I am going to boycott them for finally putting out something I really want because they donít follow a business model that fits my needs. I just donít understand why would a company want to gloat about a product that so many want and do a countdown for something they themselves are releasing after so much demand. Darn them!!
    I like all the figs, except the ones I don't.

My WANT/TRADE LIST

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    If it's a MattelCreations exclusive, I'm passing. I will be more than happy though to buy it from AMAZON or even BBTS.
    I literally posted a quote from a Mattel rep earlier. Itís not an exclusive. Not sure why people are still freaking out. Itís coming to retail, we can all relax and buy it when we want from wherever we want (well, within reason)

Quote Originally Posted by d0od View Post
    I literally posted a quote from a Mattel rep earlier. Itís not an exclusive. Not sure why people are still freaking out. Itís coming to retail, we can all relax and buy it when we want from wherever we want (well, within reason)
    And? Mattel Rep means nothing. They've lied in the past and anything they say holds little weight with me. When I see it, I'll believe it.

Heroic Warrior
    Good news, maybe?

Someone asked Mattel on Twitter if it was an exclusive and they replied:

"It will be available on Mattel Creations first and available at retail at a later date."
    My guess is they'll underproduce for the MC site for an instant sell out, then use that "data" to entice e-tailers to sell it. Of course if that's the case and e-tailers don't bite, guess who's up the creek? I know it's just a guess, but I'm so over this freakin company.

I literally posted a quote from a Mattel rep earlier. It’s not an exclusive. Not sure why people are still freaking out. It’s coming to retail, we can all relax and buy it when we want from wherever we want (well, within reason)
    I'm not freaking out, just angry with Mattel over a great many things. They need to communicate better. Not everyone who buys MOTU follows the scraps of info we drag out of Mattel, spending hours and hours here on teh org, on YouTube, and Facebook/Instagram. Some people just get the email from Mattel and that's all they know. With a lack of info, nonsense like this happens:

Last edited by jibernish; July 7, 2022 at 09:13am.