Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MotU Mega Construx master list

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    The PowerCon panel showed a lot of neat prototypes (including those you listed), but we got the "none of these are currently planned, but might come out someday" line. It was still really cool to see some of the ideas. Hopefully the line lasts long enough that we get to all of them (especially Zodak and Webstor!).
    We already have zodac in two sets. Unless you're talking about something else.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crash109 View Post

Unless I missed something we have 2 x Zodac but no Zodak yet?

Heroic Warrior
    You mean the version from the 200X show? AFAIK we don't have any construx from that show.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar

I'm talking about Zodak (https://www.he-man.org/collecting/to...628&image=5631). You're talking about Zodac (https://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=1583).

You can watch the full panel where they show the prototypes here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp_AZdNu6dc
    Last edited by anytimepally; August 3, 2021 at 08:20pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Lol. I don't know how I ever confused the two!

Lol. I don't know how I ever confused the two!

Widget
    Jeez! Why don't they just release them? If they're already that far along why delay them?

You mean the version from the 200X show? AFAIK we don't have any construx from that show.

There's a 200X Evil-Lyn, but otherwise nothing.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Reformatted2086 View Post
    Jeez! Why don't they just release them? If they're already that far along why delay them?
    I have no idea why they don't just release things.

Heroic Warrior
    From the way they seem to be handling it, they don't want to make money. Even in the most remote Walmarts where I live the only time things don't sell are when they stock too much if the same product. Get more variety into stores and it will sell.

Heroic Warrior
    Or actually let more than 5 people order the mini figures which have been sold out on Amazon for awhile.

Heroic Warrior
    Or actually let more than 5 people order the mini figures which have been sold out on Amazon for awhile.

Yeah, that would work too. It just doesn't make sense to me. I get that they don't want to over-produce and end up with a lot of clearance, but you have to get a product into the hands of the people who will actually give you money for it. Mega Construx doesn't make anything extra off people selling for high prices on ebay. $30-$40 on ebay for a mini figure is ridiculous. Most people can't really afford that and will lose interest in a line. Get the product out there and available and people will buy it and stay interested.

And its not just Mega MOTU of course. When Origins first came out I saw the first wave at the local Wal-marts. After about a week they were gone and all that has been in them is endless He-man and Skeletors. How has Mattel not figured this out yet? Because of this, I completely lost interest in Origins and haven't collected it. I love the look of Masterverse figures so I'm going to focus on them by pre-ordering. But if the figures would have been available in the store, I guarantee I would have spent hundreds of dollars on Origins by now.

According to ToyGuru's videos on ebay, a line like Origins (or any of them) cannot survive unless it is successful at retail. So get the product in the stores.

I was 10 in '83 and saw the toys at the store long before I ever saw the cartoon and I was just fascinated by it. I remember the first time I saw them at a K-Mart. There was an assortment of all the characters and that was what drew me to it. Kids will get bored if all they see on the pegs is two characters. You have to have an assortment to really stir a child's imagination.

Like I said, how has Mattel not figured all this out by now?

Quote Originally Posted by cjblanch View Post
    Yeah, that would work too. It just doesn't make sense to me. I get that they don't want to over-produce and end up with a lot of clearance, but you have to get a product into the hands of the people who will actually give you money for it. Mega Construx doesn't make anything extra off people selling for high prices on ebay. $30-$40 on ebay for a mini figure is ridiculous. Most people can't really afford that and will lose interest in a line. Get the product out there and available and people will buy it and stay interested.

And its not just Mega MOTU of course. When Origins first came out I saw the first wave at the local Wal-marts. After about a week they were gone and all that has been in them is endless He-man and Skeletors. How has Mattel not figured this out yet? Because of this, I completely lost interest in Origins and haven't collected it. I love the look of Masterverse figures so I'm going to focus on them by pre-ordering. But if the figures would have been available in the store, I guarantee I would have spent hundreds of dollars on Origins by now.

According to ToyGuru's videos on ebay, a line like Origins (or any of them) cannot survive unless it is successful at retail. So get the product in the stores.

I was 10 in '83 and saw the toys at the store long before I ever saw the cartoon and I was just fascinated by it. I remember the first time I saw them at a K-Mart. There was an assortment of all the characters and that was what drew me to it. Kids will get bored if all they see on the pegs is two characters. You have to have an assortment to really stir a child's imagination.

Like I said, how has Mattel not figured all this out by now?
    I've argued that too. Two figures in the aisles isn't enough to wow a kid. Funny how in the toy aisle, Mattel only cares that He-Man, Skeletor, and Battle Cat are represented. But then in the TV show, they barely show up. And most of the other Masters aren't in the show either... or on the pegs. I digress...

I'm hoping there was just a shipping delay or something and we'll get the latest wave of mega figures. I refuse to pay scalper prices. I have everything I want so far except Battle Bones and Grayskull, except this newest wave. But I'll just drop the line if it becomes a pain to collect. Everything else is a pain to collect. I don't get why these are so limited in stock. It does seem like they made maybe 100 of them and that's it.

Heroic Warrior
    I wasn't paying super close attention but it's like mega/Mattel didn't even announce this new wave would be coming. I guess it was on sale on Amazon for a couple weeks or so. But I had no clue. Have every mega construx so far except battle bones and a moss man.

Now I gotta be stalking this forum and constantly stalking a Facebook group and I have a bunch of in stock alerts for Amazon. All to ensure I get five stupid Minifigures for my son for Xmas. It's craziness.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    Is anyone finding the Zodac Scubaattack skull, or just the original three?
    I haven't looked. I been wanting to go look but just haven't. Thats the one I'm missing.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I haven't looked. I been wanting to go look but just haven't. Thats the one I'm missing.

I got mine at target. Seen it at a few. That's the only place I've seen it but it's getting more and more scarce as time goes on. My parents saw one at a Meijer too I think.

Heroic Warrior
    I got mine at target. Seen it at a few. That's the only place I've seen it but it's getting more and more scarce as time goes on. My parents saw one at a Meijer too I think.

Yeah I know target had em. I just haven't had the time or motivation to go check. But eventually I will. Just hope to nail one. Check it off the list.

Heroic Warrior
    I really don't want another Rotonda but been wanting a merman for my merman collection. I guess if I see one at Walmart cheap I'll get one for the merman.

Heroic Warrior
    Some Walmarts have the roton for 5 bucks. Use brickseek and get them soon. Resellers/scalpers are grabbing them as soon as their marked down that much.

Heroic Warrior
    Some Walmarts have the roton for 5 bucks. Use brickseek and get them soon. Resellers/scalpers are grabbing them as soon as their marked down that much.

Thank you.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't have a skull or upc.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I don't have a skull or upc.

Not sure, but if you(or someone) needs these, here ya go. These are Walmart SKUs, I can’t find an assortment/Zodak dpci For Target:

Mega Construx Masters Of The Universe Zodak Scubbatack, Building Toys For Kids
    MSRP: N/A
    SKU: 788097270
    UPC: 887961969306

Assortment(for searchin’ for any at walmart)
    Mega Construx Masters of the Universe Skeletor Skull (Styles May Vary)
    MSRP: $9.97
    SKU: 367066762
    UPC: 887961941876

Mega Construx Masters Of The Universe Battle Cat Vs. Roton
    MSRP: $29.99
    SKU: 941177001
    UPC: 887961886986
    Last edited by Glasstor; August 5, 2021 at 06:36pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Not sure, but if you(or someone) needs these, here ya go. These are Walmart SKUs, I canít find an assortment/Zodak dpci For Target:

Mega Construx Masters Of The Universe Zodak Scubbatack, Building Toys For Kids
    MSRP: N/A
    SKU: 788097270
    UPC: 887961969306

Assortment(for searchiní for any at walmart)
    Mega Construx Masters of the Universe Skeletor Skull (Styles May Vary)
    MSRP: $9.97
    SKU: 367066762
    UPC: 887961941876

Mega Construx Masters Of The Universe Battle Cat Vs. Roton
    MSRP: $29.99
    SKU: 941177001
    UPC: 887961886986
    The Zodac Scubattack DCPI is 204-07-9349 per https://www.target.com/p/mega-constr...t/-/A-80562470, but it's not on BrickSeek.

The Zodac Scubattack DCPI is 204-07-9349 per https://www.target.com/p/mega-constr...t/-/A-80562470, but it's not on BrickSeek.
    Thanks for the addition! I looked high and low for that and couldnít get it to come up. Lol

I also didn't hear about the Amazon preorder until it was too late. I had assumed that I'd just pick up the figures in-store, like I have with nearly every other release (minus one Stratos and one Scare Glow I paid out the rear for online). I'm in the same boat, where I've been collecting everything up to this point, so it's going to be super frustrating if it's "you snooze you lose" on this wave. Hopefully there's more either on a boat or waiting for California to send back some shipping containers (my boss told me all the manufacturers we work with are out of shipping containers because the US hasn't sent any back!).

And I hope they don't get into the habit of releasing things as Amazon exclusives. I'd really like to move away from Amazon as much as possible.

I wasn't paying super close attention but it's like mega/Mattel didn't even announce this new wave would be coming. I guess it was on sale on Amazon for a couple weeks or so. But I had no clue. Have every mega construx so far except battle bones and a moss man.

Now I gotta be stalking this forum and constantly stalking a Facebook group and I have a bunch of in stock alerts for Amazon. All to ensure I get five stupid Minifigures for my son for Xmas. It's craziness.