Thread: What would a Super7 MOTUV Filmation Orko look like? Simplified MOTUC release?

Heroic Warrior

What would a Super7 MOTUV Filmation Orko look like? Simplified MOTUC release?

Honestly, his scale fluctuated enough that either the MOTUC figure or Reaction figure could work on a Vintage display shelf.

On one hand, I think Reaction Orko looks like his ACTUAL vintage MOTU toy: a much bigger torso than the cartoon. And it fits the aesthetic as much as Orko can by simply looking overtly like a toy from another line: which is what Orko will always look like.

On the other hand, MOTUC and MOTUV have close enough torso sizes that the same Orko would work. Honestly, if they took MOTUC Orko, stripped the arm articulation, changed the style of plastic, and gave him arms that were sculpted bent at the elbow with a thumbs up gripping hand and an open palm hand, his main accessory being a shorter stand, that WOULD probably fit in perfectly with MOTUV... And probably act as an emergency replacement for MOTUC collectors.

Thoughts?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Honestly, his scale fluctuated enough that either the MOTUC figure or Reaction figure could work on a Vintage display shelf.

On one hand, I think Reaction Orko looks like his ACTUAL vintage MOTU toy: a much bigger torso than the cartoon. And it fits the aesthetic as much as Orko can by simply looking overtly like a toy from another line: which is what Orko will always look like.

On the other hand, MOTUC and MOTUV have close enough torso sizes that the same Orko would work. Honestly, if they took MOTUC Orko, stripped the arm articulation, changed the style of plastic, and gave him arms that were sculpted bent at the elbow with a thumbs up gripping hand and an open palm hand, his main accessory being a shorter stand, that WOULD probably fit in perfectly with MOTUV... And probably act as an emergency replacement for MOTUC collectors.

Thoughts?
    Given Dree-Elle and Montork are based on the Orko tool, I don't see your aesthetic changes taking shape. I do like those stands, though. Those simple characters have the advantages of inhabiting both collections.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk