Thread: Super7, the MOTU live action movie, Warner Bros. and Funko’s Savage World

Heroic Warrior

Super7, the MOTU live action movie, Warner Bros. and Funko’s Savage World

So... Let me try to get clarification:

Super7/Mattel don’t own the rights to anything from the Dolph Lundgren MOTU movie.

The closest they can get are references to vintage action figures and mini comics appearances by those characters.

Warner Bros. owns the rights to the 1987 movie, at least in North America.

Super7 and Mattel have not reached a deal with Warner Bros.

Someone else has European merch rights who DID cut a deal to allow European vintage movie-based MOTU figures in 2015.

80% of Funko’s Savage World is licensed by Funko from Warner Bros.

In the case of the Horror figures, Funko sometimes licensed sequels like Halloween Resurrection or Hellraiser III because those rights were easier to get.

Would it then be plausible that Funko might cut a deal for vintage or even deluxe 1987 movie figures?

Their entire Barbarian line seems to be aimed at Warner Bros. consumer products. (DC, Mortal Kombat, Thundercats, half the Horror line.) Warner consumer products own the North American share of the 87 movie rights. It seems plausible to me that the relationship Funko is building could be centered on acquiring those toy rights.

Any corrections?

Heroic Warrior
    I want a Frank Langella Skeletor. I don't care who releases it.

Court Magician
    Looks like you get your wish

Court Magician
    I was checking out the toyark website and noticed the new figures of the old live action Masters of the Universe figure.

Gold Skeletor and regular Skeletor. LOL. Thats just awesome. Even better is the Dolph Lundren He Man figure.

Looking at them reminds me of the old toy commercial from back in the day when it was just Gwildor and that reptile dude

Heroic Warrior
    It’s not 5.5” yet though!