Thread: Injustice vs MOTU #4 | Official Talkback thread (SPOILERS)

Injustice vs MOTU #4 | Official Talkback thread (SPOILERS)

Art by: Freddie E Williams II
    Cover by: Freddie E Williams II
    Written by: Tim Seeley

On sale: 10-31-18

http://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive-...-bro-showdown/
    https://www.dccomics.com/comics/inju...the-universe-4

I'm getting the MOTU/Injustice Omnibus being advertised on Amazon.

I wasn't sure how many other people knew about it, so I'll post the link here anyway:

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product...8S0WXSO0&psc=1
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I’m surprised the powersword is not powerfull enough to go through supermans krypytech suit.

... And how did Adam just loose his powers? Because the sorcerers was taken?
    Last edited by Baba1983; October 31, 2018 at 08:38am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Baba1983 View Post
    I’m surprised the powersword is not powerfull enough to go through supermans krypytech suit.

... And how did Adam just loose his powers? Because the sorcerers was taken?
    Darkseid interfered with He-Ro's equation and Grayskull's Power. You can see the Spirit of Grayskull suffering, almost abbandoning the Castle, in the page before Adam loses his power.

Thank you wise one.

This issue was so fun to read I am going to have to re-read it. I love how the spirit of Greyskull was in agony.

The dialogue between He-man and Superman was entertaining in my opinion. Superman was really trash talking well with the Shazam comparison bit. Adams counter argument was really cool because whether he knows or not, if he keeps his power it would corrupt Adam just like Superman’s power has corrupted him with no Clark Kent identity. I would definitely like to thank the writers.

I think He-Man was trying to pull a sight, beyond sight using some kind of hope power against Superman because of his weakness to Magic.

I am going to be sad when this series ends. I almost feel like I get to know the Masters characters better when they are interacting with the DC characters. It makes them seem more real to me.
    Last edited by Baba1983; October 31, 2018 at 12:28pm.

This series just keeps getting better. I have enjoyed the whole series but this one is my favorite so far.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Court Magician
    Gosh, this one was so much fun to read.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Baba1983 View Post
    Thank you wise one.

This issue was so fun to read I am going to have to re-read it. I love how the spirit of Greyskull was in agony.

The dialogue between He-man and Superman was entertaining in my opinion. Superman was really trash talking well with the Shazam comparison bit. Adams counter argument was really cool because whether he knows or not, if he keeps his power it would corrupt Adam just like Superman’s power has corrupted him with no Clark Kent identity. I would definitely like to thank the writers.

I think He-Man was trying to pull a sight, beyond sight using some kind of hope power against Superman because of his weakness to Magic.

I am going to be sad when this series ends. I almost feel like I get to know the Masters characters better when they are interacting with the DC characters. It makes them seem more real to me.
    Tim Seeley teased in an interview at CBR, a possible sequel with a MOTU/DC Cosmic/Fourth World crossover! It would be great if it happens:

https://www.cbr.com/injustice-vs-mas...man-fight/amp/

"Seeley would love to write more with Masters of the Universe and the DC cosmic scene as well.

"Man, I'd love to do another Masters of the Universe one," said Seeley. "One of the things we talked about was Masters of the Universe versus The Fourth World. You know, bringing in Mister Miracle and Orion."

"The writer says the ending of this limited series could justify bringing more of the Fourth World into a sequel.

"We set up some stuff at the end of the series -- I won't give it away -- but there's a little thing in there that we could totally get away with," said Seeley. "We could have a reason to go to Apokolips and we could have a reason to bring in all this stuff, so it would be cool. I'd love to do it."

Heroic Warrior
    - Great art as usual.
    - A bit more a bit cringey dialogue this issue for me (e.g. "big damn magical sword").
    - I think I was overhyped for Superman vs He-Man because it didn't quite deliver for me but I couldn't put my finger on why.
    - Surprised use of He-Ro and retelling as the source of Grayskull power and founder of the Anti-Life equation (paralleling Shazam Wizard on Earth)

I prognosticated Skeletor would imbue the his purple sword with Shazam's power at the very least but thought he would use other magical items as well.

Couldn't find reference to the Soul Syphon glove Darkseid used.

Still dont have a copy here but man-at-arms impresses going toe to toe with steppenwolf. And my 2 favorite guys going at it, superman and he-man, just wow.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    - Surprised use of He-Ro and retelling as the source of Grayskull power and founder of the Anti-Life equation (paralleling Shazam Wizard on Earth)
    I might be biased, but that to me shows a very "oldskool" approach from writer. To refer He-Ro as the original Most Powerful Wizard.

Also it helps to see that these future installments are staying away from where Classics diverged. While MOTUC included He-Ro as part of the mythos but favored King Grayskull for lineage.

DC Comics under Rob David luckily returned to He-Ro and kept him part of lineage.
    AND later MOTUC writers have restored He-Ro too as part of the lineage (Serpentine King Hssss + Ultimates He-Man bios).
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    He-Man shows once again at Superman, why he is the Most Powerful Man in the Universe! From DC's site on Twitter!

Link:
    https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1058750733464621057

AMAZING!
    I really loved the latest issue.

I'm most liking the new battle armour He-Man, I think I'll be ok with this design for a proper live action movie next to the "classic" barbaric version, Its so cool to have so many characters fighting against each other, nice cross over
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Heroic Warrior
    The popular comic book site Comic Book Resources (CBR) uploaded an article about how Tim Seeley connected in an absolutely brilliant way, the MOTU mythos and He-Ro, with the DC Cosmic and Jack Kirby's creations, the New Gods and the Fourth World through the Anti-Life Equation. I admit that i didn't know much about it, but this article helped me to comprehend, and really enjoy how well connected Tim the MOTU with the DC Universe, through their cosmic mythology. I believe that Tim combining the elements of the original and Classics background story of He-Ro, presenting not only the Wizard, but also the Cosmic Warrior aspect of He-Ro, he connected He-Ro with the DC Cosmic in an unexpected, but at the same time amazing way, making the two mythologies work together naturallly. And this connection could be used as the tissue of the story, that could probably lead in a possible MOTU/New Gods sequel. Also i have to say that Seeley's Darkseid is a TOTAL BADASS! The page with him walking like a boss in the battlefield, while the battle is raging around, must be one of my favorites ever (and which also has Two Bad's greatest moment ever, with him fighting Battle Cat with bare hands)!

Links:

https://www.cbr.com/he-man-injustice...tion-darkseid/

https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1059953086423273474

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by CBR
    "It's an interesting take in this Elseworlds story because He-Ro seems to wearing armor similar to He-Man's, which leaves us wondering if he might be be revealed as an ancestor of the hero."
    Seems the CBR writer isn't too familiar with 1987 He-Ro.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Seems the CBR writer isn't too familiar with 1987 He-Ro.
    Indeed.

In the meantime, Tim Seeley confirmed on Twitter, that in the current (crossover) MOTU canon, He-Ro is He-Man's ancestor.

Heroic Warrior
    If this whole thing is an Elseworlds from the POV of Classics, I’d kinda like it if they setup New Adventures He-Man as tying into the Fourth World more.

I also think He-Man/She-Ra and Legion of Super-Heroes would be a natural mashup, although I saw the Star Trek/LSH crossover took a beating from Trek fans and I’m not sure the Batman ‘66/LSH did great either.

The Fatal Five FEEL like MOTU villains. I could easily see Evil-Lyn becoming the new Emerald Empress after being possessed by the Emerald Eye of Ekron and then enlisting the rest of the Fatal Five to serve Skeletor.

The Horde would play well with the Dominators.

The ‘83 Legion looks tended to show about as much skin as MOTU heroes.

And Brainiac 5 and She-Ra would probably hit it off quickly. She’s his type. He’s a bit prickly like Seahawk but smarter. They both have the “rebeling against a dark legacy” thing, him with his ancestor, Brainiac, and her with Hordak.

For that matter, Brainiac 1.0 vs. Hordak feels like a thing really worth pursuing.

Heroic Warrior
    "Tell me Darkseid, is the loneliness of Good equal to the desolation of Evil?" So said Skeletor! Great tribute from the creative team, to Frank Langella's Skeletor in Injustice vs MOTU #4! Voted Moment of the Week (for the week 31/10-06/11), by the comic book site, The Outhousers!

Link:
    http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...-spoilers.html

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    "Tell me Darkseid, is the loneliness of Good equal to the desolation of Evil?" So said Skeletor! Great tribute from the creative team, to Frank Langella's Skeletor in Injustice vs MOTU #4! Voted Moment of the Week (for the week 31/10-06/11), by the comic book site, The Outhousers!

Link:
    http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...-spoilers.html

http://www.theouthousers.com/images/...0981802333.jpg
    I agree with granamyr80 on that--it was such a great nod!

Beyond that, though, does anyone know what the thing is in the lower-left panel above? The thing that Darkseid is activating/plunging the soul-syphon-thingie into?

I've read the issue a couple of times, and am looking at the image here, and still can't figure it out. I'm only a casual acquaintance of the mainstream DC characters/mythos, so I don't know if that's part of the soul-syphon-thingie device, or is it supposed to be part of Castle Grayskull (e.g., maybe it's supposed to be the manhole cover from the MOTUC CG playset, haha!)?
    Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Facebook

To the Powers that Be: Give me a proper King Miro figure, please!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    I agree with granamyr80 on that--it was such a great nod!

Beyond that, though, does anyone know what the thing is in the lower-left panel above? The thing that Darkseid is activating/plunging the soul-syphon-thingie into?

I've read the issue a couple of times, and am looking at the image here, and still can't figure it out. I'm only a casual acquaintance of the mainstream DC characters/mythos, so I don't know if that's part of the soul-syphon-thingie device, or is it supposed to be part of Castle Grayskull (e.g., maybe it's supposed to be the manhole cover from the MOTUC CG playset, haha!)?
    I believe that this is a device that connects the Castle with He-Ro's memories, since He-Ro as Darkseid said buried the Anti-Life Equation deep in his mind. I like this combination of magic, technology, supernatural and cosmic aspect.