Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man and She-Ra Little Golden Books

He-Man and She-Ra Little Golden Books

I couldn't find a thread on these. Coming out next summer in July, 2019. I've got some of the Star Wars Little Golden Books. They're quite fun. I think these books are quite popular, so here's hoping these take off well:

Pre-Order the She-Ra book on Amazon.

She-Ra Princess of Power returns in a classic Little Golden Book!

Meet She-Ra, Princess of Power! This Little Golden Book, based on the original She-Ra TV series, tells the story of He-Man's twin sister, Princess Adora, and how she became the mighty She-Ra. Children ages 2 to 5 who are fans of the new She-Ra series on Netflix will love this, as will anyone who grew up watching the original show.

She-Ra, Princess of Power is a classic animated series with a new look and new episodes for a new generation of fans. She-Ra is a brave, loyal, and empowering warrior princess for fans young and old.

Pre-Order the He-Man book on Amazon.

He-Man, the Most Powerful Man in The Universe, returns in a classic Little Golden Book!

Journey to Eternia to meet He-Man, the Most Powerful Man in the Universe! This Little Golden Book, based on the original He-Man toy line and TV series, introduces He-Man and all his heroic friends as they battle the evil wizard known as Skeletor! Children ages 2 to 5 and fans of the classic 80s series will love this fun-filled Little Golden Book!

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is a classic animated series currently airing on Netflix. A new She-Ra animated series will debut on Netflix in November 2018!

Cool find!

Only 24 pages and hardcover. I'm not sure how such books work. Is it an illustrated short story? Also based on the original, not Netflix's version. I'm confused.
    Last edited by Chris85; November 9, 2018 at 11:53am.

Amazing find!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

The thing that is cool about this, is that all the folks upset thinking the new PoP cartoon somehow diminishes or negates the old series... here's a shred of proof it does not. If anything, I think we'll see a healthy amount of new merchandise and spotlight shown on the Filmation series and '80s Mattel toyline as a result of the popularity of the new Dreamworks version

Heroic Warrior
    amazing! I think i will buy it for my kids! The old He-man is back

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    Only 24 pages and hardcover. I'm not sure how such books work. Is it an illustrated short story? Also based on the original, not Netflix's version. I'm confused.

They are children's books in a hardcover format. They have been around forever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Golden_Books

I love that they are classic-inspired. Honestly I would have been ok with a new cartoon based on this simplified look.

Very nice!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by themodrenman View Post
    They are children's books in a hardcover format. They have been around forever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Golden_Books

I love that they are classic-inspired. Honestly I would have been ok with a new cartoon based on this simplified look.
    Thank you! I see now. I've never heard of such books before.

Awesome, my kids will love these!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Heroic Warrior
    I just noticed that the books form one picture when put side by side. Niiiice.

Widget
    Pre-ordered two of each, one set for my niece's son that will be born in February, and a set for the lobby of the children's clinic where I work.

These look so beautiful and amazing! I just have to own this collection!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Greatly relieved these look like the classic presentation and not that heinous mess coming from Dreamworks in a few days.
    Say cheese!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Interesting that these are coming out. Getting kids into He-Man and good She-Ra? Could we see some mass market toys return?

PS I love how they used the classic logo. I hate the modern logo used for the Classics.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Sweet find! So glad these appear to be based on the vintage designs and not the Netflix stuff.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

I bought a lot of the vintage MOTU Golden Books a while back and my kids love them. I'm sure we'll end up with these too haha.
    I'm basically the dad in the old commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukkers View Post
    I bought a lot of the vintage MOTU Golden Books a while back and my kids love them. I'm sure we'll end up with these too haha.
    I didn't know there were vintage Golden Books for MOTU.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    I didn't know there were vintage Golden Books for MOTU.
    There aren't "Little Golden Books".

That's a different thing onto its own.

But there are Golden Storybooks and Golden Super Adventures (and more) he may be referring to.

He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

"Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Haha, awseome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    There aren't "Little Golden Books".

That's a different thing onto its own.

But there are Golden Storybooks and Golden Super Adventures (and more) he may be referring to.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...oy/cover19.jpg
    Ah yes. These I *do* know of. Thank you.

I hope there will be more than one book for MOTU and for POP, and perhaps a few for NA Of He-Man as well.

Just ordered some!!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/