Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: He-Man and She-Ra Little Golden Books

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    What did your nephew think?!

MY girls and I got and read ours late last week... LOVE these! (I think the art style is unique from any other MOTU art we've gotten, and fits well.) Hoping for more!

The She-Ra book seems to go a little "deeper" and offer a bit more substance than the He-Man one, but they are both a delight! I felt like a kid again reading them with my kids!
    He absolutely loves them (and the Star Trek LGB)!!

I got to read the He-Man book with him before I left that night... he was so into it! There is just something timeless about MOTU that continues to capture the imagination. And, the artwork helped a lot too!

As I was leaving, I told my sister-in-law that she has to read my nephew these books twice a night, every night until he turns 18!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneKlestor View Post
    Attachment 120760

I just want to take a quick minute to thank everyone who has supported this book and beyond that, all the fans that have kept the franchise alive so I could even be a part of it all these years later! THANKS!

I’m legally obligated to say “YOU have the power” here.
    Just got mine in and they are FANTASTIC!!!! GREAT JOB AND KEEP THEM COMING!!!!!😁

- - - Updated - - -

the kiddos LOVE them!!!!!

I just saw the he man one in person today and I have to say I was impressed. The updated looks on the characters are new yet stylish enough to sit beside vintage designs perfectly he man looks great again.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

I'm a little late but I ordered my copy of the MOTU & POP Little Golden Books this morning with my copy of the Island Of Magical Creatures POP novel, the Batman/Ninja Turtles 2 graphic novel, and an Aquaman Little Golden Book. I'll be excited for that parcel!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I couldn't find a thread on these. Coming out next summer in July, 2019. I've got some of the Star Wars Little Golden Books. They're quite fun. I think these books are quite popular, so here's hoping these take off well:

Pre-Order the She-Ra book on Amazon.

She-Ra Princess of Power returns in a classic Little Golden Book!

Meet She-Ra, Princess of Power! This Little Golden Book, based on the original She-Ra TV series, tells the story of He-Man's twin sister, Princess Adora, and how she became the mighty She-Ra. Children ages 2 to 5 who are fans of the new She-Ra series on Netflix will love this, as will anyone who grew up watching the original show.

She-Ra, Princess of Power is a classic animated series with a new look and new episodes for a new generation of fans. She-Ra is a brave, loyal, and empowering warrior princess for fans young and old.

Pre-Order the He-Man book on Amazon.

He-Man, the Most Powerful Man in The Universe, returns in a classic Little Golden Book!

Journey to Eternia to meet He-Man, the Most Powerful Man in the Universe! This Little Golden Book, based on the original He-Man toy line and TV series, introduces He-Man and all his heroic friends as they battle the evil wizard known as Skeletor! Children ages 2 to 5 and fans of the classic 80s series will love this fun-filled Little Golden Book!

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is a classic animated series currently airing on Netflix. A new She-Ra animated series will debut on Netflix in November 2018!
    Got mine and I'm impressed.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

My copy of Island Of Magical Creatures, the MOTU and POP Little Golden Books and the Batman/TMNT 2 graphic novel came in the mail today!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Sorry if I missed this in the thread somewhere, but are these actual stories?

We have picked up other Golden Books and they will just be 20 pages of here is a good guy and he likes to do this, next page shows another character and describes something about them.

I’m most likely getting these one way or the other, but my son will be dissapointed If they aren’t stories.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    Sorry if I missed this in the thread somewhere, but are these actual stories?

We have picked up other Golden Books and they will just be 20 pages of here is a good guy and he likes to do this, next page shows another character and describes something about them.

I’m most likely getting these one way or the other, but my son will be dissapointed If they aren’t stories.
    The first several pages of the He-Man book is a word-for-word reiteration of the FILMation cartoon introduction ("I am Adam, Prince of Eternia...") accompanied by illustrations. The rest of the book involves character descriptions (Teela, Orko, etc.), an introduction to Skeletor and the Evil Warriors, and He-Man's ties to She-Ra. So that book is more an overview/synopsis than a story.

The She-Ra book is basically a quick retelling of the "Secret of the Sword" movie. It serves as an origin story for She-Ra as well a an introduction to POP characters/Etheria and an overview of that world and She-Ra's role in it. So it's definitely more of a story than the He-Man book, but is still basically just an introduction and not really a standalone story.

Hope that helps. If nothing else, the artwork is quite nice.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Wakko - thanks for the response! By the way I love your Classics guide. It is the definitive guide!
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

They're making a Skeletor one, to be released next summer. Hope Hordak gets one, too: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Am-Skeletor...s=books&sr=1-2

Will have to keep an eye on that Skeletor book... I got mine accidentally on a local bookshop here. Nice to look forward on something simple and nice like these Golden Books.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Very cool! I will buy this