Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Improving our Customer Service at Super7

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I finally got an email response to the message that I sent towards the end of October.

Never ship like this below.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1544476693
    The brown boxes containing the figures should be in a bigger box with padding. It is crazy some packages were shipped this way to people.

I know this isn't about Super 7 necessarily but have any of you experienced problems with getting your figures from BBTS? I ordered my first figure a few days ago from them and although there's still a few days left I'm just wondering if they also have problems getting to your doorstep in the time they say they're going to.

Widget
    Does anyone happen to know the mailing address for Super 7? If someone couple please get it off their shipping label that would be great.

I placed a pre-order in July and can't seem to get a proper response from this company. It appears that I need to take it a step further. Any help would be greatly appreciated for the above request. Thanks.
    Last edited by thadsilverfox; December 14, 2018 at 11:42am.

Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    I know this isn't about Super 7 necessarily but have any of you experienced problems with getting your figures from BBTS? I ordered my first figure a few days ago from them and although there's still a few days left I'm just wondering if they also have problems getting to your doorstep in the time they say they're going to.
    In my experience, packages from BBTS always arrive on the estimated delivery date. I'll sometimes get packages from other places a day or two sooner, but that's never happened for me with BBTS. So, likely no cause for concern.

Court Magician
    Well mine was shipped on the 6th of Dec. Tracking from Fed Ex said it would be here (I live in 45 miles south of Indianapolis) on Wed the 12th, then the date got changed until Thurs, then Fri, now it no longer tracks. Last tracking I have was on Fed Ex truck in Indy on Thursday morning at 6am (12/13) Now it had a delivery date pending but NO date. Fed Ex said on 4 separate phone calls that it was passed over via Smartpost of the USPS but there is no record of that whatsoever on my tracking and USPS says they have no record of it (After waiting on the phone with USPS for over an hour)
    I am beyond frustrated, I am thinking it's meant for me to have these as silly as they sounds. I have the supposed revised tracking number but USPS has no record of it and I called repeatedly to FedEx confirming it's the right one, but USPS has nothing on it coming up. (Last tracking activity on the pkg was 12/13 around 6am in Indianapolis. and now no delivery date after 3 days in a row it did not make the revised date.

The tracking number Rudy gave me hasn’t changed since September 24th. He hasn’t responded to a months worth of emails from me. Brian! What’s going on????

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Primal Age has definitely had a lot of QC issues, and this is Funko we're talking about.

So I'm wondering if it's just the nature of the short-run item? The smaller the run, the more chances for QC errors due to the smaller imprint of the product?

Sort of like doing indy comics. Doing a smaller print run means you run into the possible quality issues that come with having to find a printer that will do a smaller run. Unless you pay an extreme premium for quality, you will run into issues.
    This is definitely true to an extent. However, there are LOTS of companies that make made to order items and in much smaller numbers that have been able to avoid widespread QC issues, but it effect pricing obviously.

Not all factories are created equal. A better result would require using a factory that charges more. I don't know the ins and outs of Super 7's operations to know if that's feasible or not for their licensed properties.

Funko I wouldn't ever use as a go to for quality comparison, particularly on a line like MOTU. They are hardly known for high level QC. Their stuff is always made as cheaply as possible and uses cheap materials and has terrible paint apps. They don't try to be a premium collectible, that's not their niche.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    I don't think we can reasonable get customer service without product testing that can lead to design changes.

Stick it in the freezer 2 hours, Jam the joints around. If it breaks, it's defective. Stick it in an oven at 90 degrees F for 2 hours. If anything breaks after rotating joints hard, it's defective. Drop it from 20 feet onto a smooth, hard surface. Anything that breaks on impact should be reattachable and not fit in a child's mouth.

And any of these get failed, either the design or materials have to change until all three prongs get passed.

For pieces that are swappable, they most be swappable during the hot and cold tests outlined above.

Then charge what you have to charge for a product that meets these standards and we can buy or not buy. And then you can bundle or sell the product however you have to in order to make it. I've got no problem with S7 ONLY doing full wave orders for vintage (and anybody who wants singles having to go through a retailer) if that's what it takes for play-worthy figures. Or if it limits the character selection to combos S7 is confident in. Or if they picked a retailer and gave them an exclusive deal.

If you can show Amazon footage of freeze and drop testing, they would love you and might give you a push as a three month exclusive product with a big order after the frustration Primal Age is likely giving them.
    Safety testing costs a ton. That's why so many collectibles say "not a toy. Ages 15 and Up" or similar. That way they can avoid it. That said, doing your own independent testing would be more feasible. There's again the issue of whether the factory will execute in any case. I have no doubt that Brian gets sent samples that look immaculate when he signs off on them. To get them to actually produce to that quality is going to require moving to a higher cost production facility in my opinion.

I posted a new thread but i should put pics of my mangled figs here too. Super7 packing is worse than independent ebay sellers. I sent super7 an email two days ago but reading other members posts here im probably not getting a response till sometime in 2019.
    IMG_20181215_113136.jpg
    819175837.jpg

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hopewell View Post
    The tracking number Rudy gave me hasn’t changed since September 24th. He hasn’t responded to a months worth of emails from me. Brian! What’s going on????
    Yeah this is getting old. I still have not heard anything back. Even after resubmitting a bunch of times. Not even after being told on this very post to resubmit a ticket with a reference to the previous tickets and doing so by Brian. Not good at all. They have been great at emailing me advertisements to buy more stuff. Where is this customer service improvement? Brian are you still viewing this thread?
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

I actually received an email from Super7 advertising I should order now to get items before Christmas. So I replied to the email asking them to not send me advertisements when they could either refund me or send me my figures. I got a nice email from Rudy (automated) introducing himself to me and promising a reply. Lol. That’s one way to hear from him.

Widget
    I've mentioned it previously but I'm eagerly waiting for the next video update.

Will be interesting to see how Brian will be addressing those many issues (mainly poor quality & poor customer service) using his usual wit and still by the end of the video sell us more poor quality products. Guaranteed wave 3 or snake mountain will be announced early 2019.

No denial it must be a tough job to meet everyone's expectations around those figures but good communication and basic customer care is easily achievable and should be the pillar of any trading companies.
    I can leave with factory errors, but screwing customer satisfaction really screams to me they just want to cash in.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by thadsilverfox View Post
    Does anyone happen to know the mailing address for Super 7? If someone couple please get it off their shipping label that would be great.

I placed a pre-order in July and can't seem to get a proper response from this company. It appears that I need to take it a step further. Any help would be greatly appreciated for the above request. Thanks.

Not one single board member can help a fellow MOTU fan out with this simple request?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Never ship like this below.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1544476693
    The brown boxes containing the figures should be in a bigger box with padding. It is crazy some packages were shipped this way to people.
    And that’s why one of my packages and figures was damaged very easily
    Which is still being ignored by customer service

Not one single board member can help a fellow MOTU fan out with this simple request?
    I found this, but I'm not sure if it's their actual mailing address or just an office location. It's what came up when I Googled it. Hope it helps.

701 Eighth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
    Odd Man Out

Court Magician
    My shipping box's UPS label says:

Customer Service
    Super7 Store
    777 Florida Street
    San Francisco CA 94110

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I finally got an email from S7 before Christmas. They have asked me to keep the extra Granita as a gift, and that they would be shipping my missing Sorceress and Karg in the coming weeks.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I finally got an email from S7 before Christmas. They have asked me to keep the extra Granita as a gift, and that they would be shipping my missing Sorceress and Karg in the coming weeks.
    I got an email around Christmas saying that they would be in touch about sending the replacement. Now itís all quiet again. Iím starting to feel like they are just messing with me at this point and that they think itís a joke. In a few weeks it will have been half a year since the order arrived. Customer Service is still not fixed apparently despite claims that it is.

Update

I finally received my replacement a few days ago. There was no tracking and I have not received any mail stating that the return was on its way. I am happy to finally have a replacement. 5 months is a long turnaround though so hopefully they improve that as well as the communication. Anyway I figured it would be best to at least make a note here that the replacement eventually did arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    Update

I finally received my replacement a few days ago. There was no tracking and I have not received any mail stating that the return was on its way. I am happy to finally have a replacement. 5 months is a long turnaround though so hopefully they improve that as well as the communication. Anyway I figured it would be best to at least make a note here that the replacement eventually did arrive.
    Weird how a few don't receive any communication. Rudy has been in touch with me several times letting me know where they are with replacements. I just received an email Friday from him with an update. Glad to hear you received yours nonetheless.
    I Didn't Slap You! I High-Fived You In The Face!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by He Man View Post
    Weird how a few don't receive any communication. Rudy has been in touch with me several times letting me know where they are with replacements. I just received an email Friday from him with an update. Glad to hear you received yours nonetheless.
    I had full on silence for 2.5 months despite emailing them once a week every week asking for any response
    Just before Xmas they finally replied they would send a replacement
    Got it last week - ironically given the First was damaged in shipping they put it in a box with padding on back and 2 side and then literally the front of the figures box was touching the outer box, no padding..
    Luckily it arrived safe, this time

Widget
    As S7 claims they have sorted their customer service and my case is now closed, I thought I'd share my final thoughts on the overall experience:

Pre ordered Wave 1
    Received Wave 1 with QC issues/damaged cards as we all know by now
    Sent original email to S7 on the 6th of December 2018
    No replies for weeks
    Had to pay additional FedEx import fees
    Endless sporadic back and forth with Rudy
    I then was offered a partial refund
    Rudy then asked for my PayPal address (order number in the body and title of the email!)
    Rudy then refunded the money to the wrong email address (no PayPal created for this email)
    Then had to cancel
    Asked again for my PayPal address (again, order number in the body and title of the email!)

All in all, 35 messages to 'resolve' an issue. Not even happy with the resolution itself but between work and family, I felt like I wasted enough time and gave up.

Conclusion:
    Keeping up with my MOTU ReAction collection because I'm a sucker for 3.75 figures, will never buy from S7 directly anymore and will rely on eBay or third party seller.
    Most likely done with anything else S7 MOTU related, unless wave 3 completely blows my mind but I highly doubt it.

A real shame, but if S7 think that is an acceptable way of conducting business, their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Most likely done with anything else S7 MOTU related, unless wave 3 completely blows my mind but I highly doubt it.
    A real shame, but if S7 think that is an acceptable way of conducting business, their loss.
    oh my! and I thought nothing worse could exists than dealing with ORG marketplace "unprofessional" / I mean without being experts in e-commerce third sellers, heck! just the opposite, believe me it was the same headcaches all over the place lmao, what irony!
    Between this story and whatever else I just wish these items being handled directly by Amazon, BBTS, or Mattelshop.com at this point
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post

Yeah I feel the same way. I have ordered from them since they took over and not one shipment hasn't had some issue. the customer experience situation is awful though and I don't think I'll be going after wave 3 either. I already passed on the current and last Filmation subs. I really wanted that Filmation Mantenna too but I refused to order from them when they had not fixed my previous problem.

I'm still happy my issue has been finally resolved but it took them way longer than it should have.

Guys, I've said this before...online selling is not an ideal way to do business. Its seems like it on the outside but so many problems occur from this type of distribution as you all know. Now, I know we don't have a choice but the reality is still that whenever we rely on the online method, we should already expect that things could go sour real fast. It's the nature of the beast. Store sales are much better I'm sure we'll never see that.