Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Improving our Customer Service at Super7

Heroic Warrior
    Apparently “Offline” selling or “Brick & Mortar Retail” selling isn’t much of an ideal way to do business today either. Actual walk-in stores are dropping off left and right and a good chunk of the reason is online sales. You’re right that we do not have much choice. FYE is the only retail chain that I can think of that’s been carrying much MOTU stuff and while I know they are transitioning to more of a pop culture store than music/video store I can’t help but feel their days are limited especially as shopping malls decline.

Court Magician
    Got my replacement Classics Filmation Tri-Klops head in the mail after emailing customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Uncle View Post
    Got my replacement Classics Filmation Tri-Klops head in the mail after emailing customer service.
    Happy to read you got your replacement. How long did the total process take?

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    Happy to read you got your replacement. How long did the total process take?
    Sent email on January 11 (Friday). Got a reply on January 14 (Monday). Shipped on January 31. Arrived February 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Uncle View Post
    Sent email on January 11 (Friday). Got a reply on January 14 (Monday). Shipped on January 31. Arrived February 6.
    Thanks. That's quicker than I thought it would be.

Court Magician
    Any tips from someone who has actually swapped out their Classics Filmation Tri-Klops head?

I know things happen from time to time. You surely can't please everyone all the time. That's just a natural part of life and I'm usually pretty forgiving of things. This, however, was a pretty crappy situation that could have been controlled.

So back when I ordered the CG Wave 3 figures, I wrote an e-mail to Super 7 thanking them for not doing a pre-hold on my credit card like Mattel used to do. Remember Mattel would do that pre-hold nonsense where they would charge your account, put the money back in and then charge it again when figures would ship? Horrible method for people who didn't always have the money when it came time for figures to ship. Anyway, Super 7 charges you right away the way it's supposed to be. So I wrote them a nice letter commending them for doing it that way because if they had done it the way Mattel did it, I wouldn't have gotten my figures when it came time to ship. Well, they sent me back a nice response and also unexpectedly gave me a special code for 10% off my next purchase. Cool right? There was no timeline or expiration date just whenever I purchase next. I was really pleased and grateful that they did that. Super 7 was top of the line in my book. Then, I went to order the Wave 4 figures...

It's common knowledge that all of these figures are ridiculously priced in the first place so I figure I'll put the code in to get 10% off, right? It doesn't work... Hmm, maybe I put it in wrong so I try it again....nope. Maybe it's just a glitch or something. So I send an e-mail to Super 7 letting them know that the code they gave me isn't working. Good ol' Rudy sends me back, promptly I will say, a "unfortunately the code has been deactivated and I'm not able to reinstate it. I apologize for the inconvenience" response.

Now, I'm a little ticked because this is something they have control over. I didn't expect a 10% off code ...they gave it me for whatever reason I'm wondering now.

I send them back another e-mail because like I said before these figures are horribly overpriced and 10% off actually helps a lot.

Rudy sends back another e-mail stating that he asked his e-commerce manager and he said that he was instructed to turn the discount code off.

Now, I know this is not Rudy's fault. He has been very prompt with his responses back to me and I commend him for that but Super 7 really dropped the ball with this one. Don't give me a code and then take it away before I can use it without telling me why. That's bad business. I would have been fine with just a nice response back. I dealt with it of course but I did tell them that if they pulled a stunt like that again, I'd put a report on the BBB.

I'm fine with it now but when it's something they not only have full control over but should also be pretty trivial to an entire toy company. They don't just give out 10% off codes. This was just an instance that should have been handled way better.
    Last edited by Palazzolor; March 7, 2019 at 11:38am.

Hi!

Just wanted to leave here my experience with S7 new customer service, in case it might serve anyone in the future.

Last month I received my package with what was supposed to be my order of CG wave 3, two couples of Ultimates He-Man and Skeletor and an extra She-Ra. My over $400 order went through customs and I had to paid 125 in fees (Im based in Spain). These fees, obviously, were calculated for the price of all 9 figures. Unfortunately, upon opening the parcel, I discovered my extra She-Ra was missing, so I contacted customer service.

A very nice guy, Rudy, asked me for some pictures to demonstrate the missing figure, and told me Id be getting her shortly. I asked him to make sure the figure was declared as a replacement, to avoid customs. But I never got an answer to that. A couple of weeks ago I got a shipping notice and last week, I received a mail invoice asking for 24 in concept of customs fees for my missing She-Ra, which I already had paid customs for. So I contacted Rudy and he says Super7 has the policy to not cover customs.

He Gave me 2 options, either I pay the extra 24 for a mistake that I did not commit, or I refuse to do it and get a refund for the extra She-Ra, but not for the extra shipping and the extra customs I had to pay for her the first time around (which sums up to around $40). Either way, its me having to pay for a mistake I have not committed.

So now I have to decide how much money I want to lose. Im really frustrated. From the last waves of CG and CC, I have only ordered some loose figures via BBTS, and the same for vintage waves 3 and 4. I have serious doubts Im ordering directly from S7 again.

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    I know not everyone can afford to do so because of the mark ups but I don’t deal with Super7 any longer. Normally I would think one hand doesn’t know what the other is doing in cases like these but judging from the **** talking Brian does towards fans it seems like a top down problem.

The mark ups are worth it in my opinion to avoid the problems with Super7. Maybe they’ll grow out of it. I hope so. I do root for them on every wave to come through.

I'm still waiting on a replacement retro skeletor. I'm getting really tired of waiting for replacements. It shouldn't take this long.

Improving our Customer Service at Super7

Just to close the story, a few days ago I PMed Brian Flynn on Instagram. Today Brian replied and told me Rudy would send me a follow up. Almost instantly, Rudy emailed me and said theyd do refund me with store credit. I think this could have been solved without having to disturb Brian. Im not a fan of store credit when its not me who caused the need of the refund. It could have been worse, though. Il just stick with this.

Quote Originally Posted by capitrueno View Post
    Hi!

Just wanted to leave here my experience with S7 new customer service, in case it might serve anyone in the future.

Last month I received my package with what was supposed to be my order of CG wave 3, two couples of Ultimates He-Man and Skeletor and an extra She-Ra. My over $400 order went through customs and I had to paid 125 in fees (Im based in Spain). These fees, obviously, were calculated for the price of all 9 figures. Unfortunately, upon opening the parcel, I discovered my extra She-Ra was missing, so I contacted customer service.

A very nice guy, Rudy, asked me for some pictures to demonstrate the missing figure, and told me Id be getting her shortly. I asked him to make sure the figure was declared as a replacement, to avoid customs. But I never got an answer to that. A couple of weeks ago I got a shipping notice and last week, I received a mail invoice asking for 24 in concept of customs fees for my missing She-Ra, which I already had paid customs for. So I contacted Rudy and he says Super7 has the policy to not cover customs.

He Gave me 2 options, either I pay the extra 24 for a mistake that I did not commit, or I refuse to do it and get a refund for the extra She-Ra, but not for the extra shipping and the extra customs I had to pay for her the first time around (which sums up to around $40). Either way, its me having to pay for a mistake I have not committed.

So now I have to decide how much money I want to lose. Im really frustrated. From the last waves of CG and CC, I have only ordered some loose figures via BBTS, and the same for vintage waves 3 and 4. I have serious doubts Im ordering directly from S7 again.
    Last edited by capitrueno; April 11, 2019 at 02:26pm.

Just to close the story, a few days ago I PMed Brian Flynn on Instagram. Today Brian replied and told me Rudy would send me a follow up. Almost instantly, Rudy emailed me and said they’d do refund me with store credit. I think this could have been solved without having to disturb Brian. I’m not a fan of store credit when it’s not me who caused the need of the refund. It could have been worse, though. I’l just stick with this.
    I would use that credit a s soon as possible. There was another forum member that had a store credit of some kind and it expired and they would do nothing for him.

You guys have always been great. I have talked to some of you at your storefront by phone. Always nice.
    It's the waiting that always kills me. But alas it hasn't been a good couple months for the factory situation but you can sense my frustration. :P

This has been quite a ride. I ordered an extra neo vintage skeletor to keep on card back when the preorders were open. Then I had to wait forever for Super7 to actually ship it. This was back when they sent out that email in December about how we had to place an order by a specific date in order to get delivery before christmas. I had to email them and point out that if they had time to ship other **** before christmas, then they had time to ship my Skeletor. And just like 90% of everyone else, Skeletor's legs shattered 2 seconds out of the package. I have been emailing Super7 once a month since then, asking what's going on, only to be told every month that I needed to wait. Well, last week I emailed Brian directly, and "magically," my replacement Skeletor shipped. When I opened my box last night, I was completely speechless. They sent me a loose Skeletor in a plastic baggie! No art card, no cardback. Just a loose skeletor and his weapons. I had ordered 2, so that I could keep one on card. This is just indefensible. And to make matters worse, the new skeletor is defective! His waist is glued together, and one of his legs flops all around. For a moment after I opened the box, I thought that maybe they had opened a skeletor to do a little QC and make sure they were sending me a good one.

I really think Rudy just grabbed someone else's return, and threw it in a box because he was tired of me emailing him once a month about my replacement. I'm just completely stunned. I have been waiting for almost 5 months for this replacement, and they send me used, broken ****. This has made me seriously consider if I want to keep buying from them. I was ready to order snake mountain, but now I don't know what I'm going to do. This whole experience has just been a giant "**** you" from day one.

Just to close the story, a few days ago I PMed Brian Flynn on Instagram. Today Brian replied and told me Rudy would send me a follow up. Almost instantly, Rudy emailed me and said they’d do refund me with store credit. I think this could have been solved without having to disturb Brian. I’m not a fan of store credit when it’s not me who caused the need of the refund. It could have been worse, though. I’l just stick with this.
    Yes, if you can, use it asap. Scroll up a bit and read my post about Super 7 giving me 10% off my next order.

Quote Originally Posted by sailoruranus View Post
    This has been quite a ride. I ordered an extra neo vintage skeletor to keep on card back when the preorders were open. Then I had to wait forever for Super7 to actually ship it. This was back when they sent out that email in December about how we had to place an order by a specific date in order to get delivery before christmas. I had to email them and point out that if they had time to ship other **** before christmas, then they had time to ship my Skeletor. And just like 90% of everyone else, Skeletor's legs shattered 2 seconds out of the package. I have been emailing Super7 once a month since then, asking what's going on, only to be told every month that I needed to wait. Well, last week I emailed Brian directly, and "magically," my replacement Skeletor shipped. When I opened my box last night, I was completely speechless. They sent me a loose Skeletor in a plastic baggie! No art card, no cardback. Just a loose skeletor and his weapons. I had ordered 2, so that I could keep one on card. This is just indefensible. And to make matters worse, the new skeletor is defective! His waist is glued together, and one of his legs flops all around. For a moment after I opened the box, I thought that maybe they had opened a skeletor to do a little QC and make sure they were sending me a good one.

I really think Rudy just grabbed someone else's return, and threw it in a box because he was tired of me emailing him once a month about my replacement. I'm just completely stunned. I have been waiting for almost 5 months for this replacement, and they send me used, broken ****. This has made me seriously consider if I want to keep buying from them. I was ready to order snake mountain, but now I don't know what I'm going to do. This whole experience has just been a giant "**** you" from day one.
    This was exactly what I was offered when I complained of all the issues with the Wave 1 figures. I told CS that unless these were actually corrected I didn't want their random "loose figures that were lying around". That was met with a "thanks for shopping with Super 7 and let me know if I can be of further assistance in the future" no credit, no refund, nothing.
    So...I promptly cancelled all my outstanding pre orders and I have decided to be done with Super 7. Quality on these figures is garbage and they are way over priced for what we get, not to mention we are ordering and paying months and months in advance. I'm over it, I really don't need to deal with such a poor company as this. I really hope they don't recover the license after the movie because it's clear to me they really can't handle this line. They should stick to the cheap toys they sell at FYE in the mall, they are nowhere near collector grade as a company.
    And to be really honest, I don't need the same He-Man figure that doesn't stand re-molded in six different colors. I had high hopes when I got the Three Terrors figures...those hopes have all collapsed just like my pile of figures that won't stand...

Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    This was exactly what I was offered when I complained of all the issues with the Wave 1 figures. I told CS that unless these were actually corrected I didn't want their random "loose figures that were lying around". That was met with a "thanks for shopping with Super 7 and let me know if I can be of further assistance in the future" no credit, no refund, nothing.
    So...I promptly cancelled all my outstanding pre orders and I have decided to be done with Super 7. Quality on these figures is garbage and they are way over priced for what we get, not to mention we are ordering and paying months and months in advance. I'm over it, I really don't need to deal with such a poor company as this. I really hope they don't recover the license after the movie because it's clear to me they really can't handle this line. They should stick to the cheap toys they sell at FYE in the mall, they are nowhere near collector grade as a company.
    And to be really honest, I don't need the same He-Man figure that doesn't stand re-molded in six different colors. I had high hopes when I got the Three Terrors figures...those hopes have all collapsed just like my pile of figures that won't stand...
    That sucks! Wave 2 is really nice! Hopefully you'll get a chance to get one and maybe try it out again OR perhaps the movie toys, from whoever, will be great and you can participate in what you like again.
    I Didn't Slap You! I High-Fived You In The Face!

Quote Originally Posted by He Man View Post
    That sucks! Wave 2 is really nice! Hopefully you'll get a chance to get one and maybe try it out again OR perhaps the movie toys, from whoever, will be great and you can participate in what you like again.
    I took what you said to heart and decided maybe I would get Wave 2. I went and watched some reviews online and while watching Teela fall over and the idiocy of He-Ro's staff and watching it break five minutes after the package was opened, I've decided I'm absolutely out. Just because this happens to be the only company doing a vintage style figure at this time doesn't mean we deserve junk. And beware when you buy these from a third party because those third parties are not interested in your quality issues. And Super 7 won't make good because you didn't buy direct from them. So thank you Super 7 for improving your customer service and all but I'm out $80 plus shipping for four figures that are worthless to display loose. But I do appreciate you doing it on the first wave so I didn't waste more money with you...

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    I have stopped collecting everything but the ReAction figures. They're a big more space-manageable, and I love the concept that they fit with my classic Star Wars 77-84 figures almost seamlessly! I don't go for completing anything I collect any more because it just gets too expensive with convention figures, alternates, foreign-only releases, but with the MOTU ReAction figures, I am making an exception to my rule.

This is where I've got a problem with Super7's service. It's not a huge deal, but being the completist with this particular line, I bought two trays of the recent "blind bag" figures to ensure I got all 16 variants, 8 "normal" and the 8 "chase" figures. I did. Problem was, my sparkly chase Orko was missing his sparkly wand. I have tried twice now to get a hold of Super7, and I'm getting no e-mail back, no acknowledgment, nothing. I sent them an e-mail explaining the missing accessory, and simply requested a replacement. I was cordial, I was considerate, and I didn't get belligerent. I just get the feeling I'm being ignored because it's considered a trivial thing. Still, after spending over $200 in costs plus shipping for these figures, I *would* like *complete* figures. It's the least to expect!

So, there it is! Not sure what to do. Like I said, not a huge issue, but one I would like resolved. Any ideas guys and gals?

Heroic Warrior
    I had a good CS experience with them recently. My Ultimate Filmation Skeletor's cardback was all kinds of shabby and warped, so I emailed them. I had gotten it in the mail several weeks earlier and never got around to checking for quality, so I was worried whether or not they'd actually have replacements. Rudy got back to me and sent a FedEx return label within 2 days. I made sure to email him to let him know that I had the package en route. Then a few days later, I got a new Skeletor. It was a clean and hassle free exchange which left a positive impression.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbles View Post
    I had a good CS experience with them recently. My Ultimate Filmation Skeletor's cardback was all kinds of shabby and warped, so I emailed them. I had gotten it in the mail several weeks earlier and never got around to checking for quality, so I was worried whether or not they'd actually have replacements. Rudy got back to me and sent a FedEx return label within 2 days. I made sure to email him to let him know that I had the package en route. Then a few days later, I got a new Skeletor. It was a clean and hassle free exchange which left a positive impression.
    How long ago was this? When I complained of quality issues I was told they had no carded figures to replace mine. That was about 6 weeks ago.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    How long ago was this? When I complained of quality issues I was told they had no carded figures to replace mine. That was about 6 weeks ago.
    My first email with them was April 13th. I myself was kind of surprised that they'd still have any to give me.

And just to clarify, I'm talking about the 7" Classics Filmation Skeletor, probably should have been more concise on that since there was the recent 5.5" Filmation one as well recently.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbles View Post
    My first email with them was April 13th. I myself was kind of surprised that they'd still have any to give me.

And just to clarify, I'm talking about the 7" Classics Filmation Skeletor, probably should have been more concise on that since there was the recent 5.5" Filmation one as well recently.
    Ok, mine were the 5.5" figures. They get a stay of execution for now lol

I am so pleased with the vintage MOTU line.
    I just wanted to say THANK YOU for making these!
    Long may they continue!

(Please do the Sorceress)

The only think I am unsure about is I get a massive customs charge in the UK, can this be avoided of they are labelled as "gift"?

I live in the uk.
    I've recieved a toy with a mark on its face. I emailed a pic of it and was told I'd only get a refund if I pay the postage back to USA.

Given that companies like Amazon etc always provide a pre paid postage label, I am shocked that they are happy to leave me out of pocket over their own faulty goods. All this is persuading me to do is never buy from them again.